the big dumb game ideas megathread

beatbandito

Re: the big dumb game ideas megathread

Postby beatbandito » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:46 am

Why is there not a Manhunt Battle Royale yet? The main feature of BRs, for better or worse, is getting taken out instantly from an unknown position. So this takes perfect advantage of that.

It can basically copy the Assassin's Creed online game mode. Everyone starts the round with a target. You get points by getting your target, and get disqualified by killing anyone other than your target or hunter. If you kill your target you get a new one. If someone else gets your target and kills them before you, you're disqualified.

It can still work similarly to AC even with character customization. Just make the NPC models placed based on the players in that round, and maybe even have different hair styles or accessories that get mixed up on them to make you look a little harder.

I hate BRs, but if there was decent queue timing I would play the ass off of that.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Not my idea, but the idea of an FPS set in a mecha game world like Armored Core where you just play as a foot soldier. Because I think I'd play the shit out of that.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:03 pm

Mechwarrior: Living Legends may get you close. It's a fan project that basically recreated older mechwarrior games in a mechwarrior online setting. There's a planetside-like point buy and you are a foot soldier who can be a mechwarrior, tank commander, or run around between vehicles while fighting in a personal armored suit. Though as I understand the last option isn't really a main course. It ends up being more like Metal Warriors mech swapping at most. I haven't actually played in a few years, though, and it looks really clean now.