Neapolitan 8-Player Wolf (Gameplay)

Moderator: Friday

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Neapolitan 8-Player Wolf (Gameplay)

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 pm

The sun rises over Naples. Gok Tinnik, Semi-Supernatural Fetish-Piece/Private Investigator, walks along the water with a cigarette hanging from his lip. His twisted beard glistens with sweat as his eyes search the gentle waves. "Come on," he mutters. "Where are you."

Suddenly, he spots it. A press-on fingernail, sitting pale-side to the sky, bobs on the blue like a lazy blowjob. He reaches out to get it, his net combing the water with maddening patience.

"Pool boy!" coos Miss Concolor, waving her freckled hand as quickly as her blue blood would allow. "Oh, pool boy! Did you find it?"

"Si, señorita," replies Gok. Turning, he bumps into a grimacing Antonio, one among many. The acre-wide pool is flanked on all sides by tan Adonises, each fishing for their own list of specific cosmetics or jewelry. Some are trading or collaborating; a few have collapsed. Miss Concolor had emptied her bureau again, and apparently spent all night laminating index cards for the help.

"Excuse me," says Antonio, squinting at his quota. "Have you seen the... corpus?"

"That's corpse. Yes, I think it's over there." Gok points into the distance, where a dark figure bobs in the center of the pool. "I think it's Mr. Concolor. Again."

"Dios mio," says Antonio. "This woman is crazy."

"Not as crazy as he was; he married her. Come on, let's go." Wading through the churning chaos of diamonds and plastic, they reach the body and flip it to face the sun. It is a young woman, motionless but for inertia, eyes stunned for permanents.

"Oh no! My baby! My baby Victoria!" screams Miss Concolor, dropping one of her margaritas. "Bring her to me! Call the police! And don't cross that off, Antonio, my husband's over there!"

---

Day 1 takes place beside the pool.

8 pool attendants are still hard at work:

beatbandito
Friday
Grath
Kayma
Mothra
ocksi
Pota-pot

It takes 5 votes to hold somebody's head underwater.

---

I've decided that the 8th player will have a secret role. It's not anything too crazy, I promise.

As a refresher, here are the rules. Each Day, the players will vote on somebody to kill (or "lynch"). This kill always goes through, no matter what. That player's identity is revealed immediately, and if the game hasn't ended, we progress to the Night phase. During the night, the seer, baner, vigilante, and werewolves choose targets for their abilities. Once all actions are decided, they are resolved in the following order: Baner -> Werewolves -> Vigilante -> Seer. After that, if the game hasn't ended, we progress to a new Day phase, and so on.

Victory conditions:

The innocents win if the Weretiger and both Werewolves are dead.
The wolves win if the Weretiger is dead and they hold a plurality (50%) of the game's population.
The Weretiger wins if he/she is alive when any other victory condition is met, and all other players lose.
The Village Idiot wins if he/she is lynched while the Weretiger is dead. This ends the game immediately and all other players lose.

Role PMs should have arrived. If not, don't post here about it, PM me and I'll correct it.

Voting may begin when all players have checked in. No time limit, for now.

Good luck!
the best kazz around

beatbandito

Re: Neapolitan 8-Player Wolf (Gameplay)

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Kazz wrote:I've decided that the 8th player will have a secret role.

This is why I play Kazz Wolf.

I was hoping for a night 0 though. Since we don't know anything yet, I guess Grath because seriously bro, that avatar isn't pleasant to even scroll past.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:49 pm

inb4 idiot lynch day 1 resulting in tigerwin
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh hey I just bothered to think about things for a minute and if the vigilante misses a wolf then the only thing stopping the wolves from getting a night 1 win is either the weretiger getting super lucky and escaping tonight's killing grounds or Grath being the fool. So I guess I should rescind for now and decide if I should try a crazy gambit before someone else does.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:03 pm

You can't vote until everyone has checked in anyway.

Do the Weretiger and Idiot stack at all, or are there only 4 innocents?

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 pm

molto bene, margarita, sangria super mario

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:53 pm

the only thing stopping the wolves from getting a night 1 win is either the weretiger getting super lucky and escaping tonight's killing grounds or Grath being the fool.

or the vig not shooting randomly like a dumbass night 1 with basically zero info.

I mean, come on. We're not playing Thing5.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Here, lets break this shit down so we know exactly what we're dealing with.

We've got 3 innocent roles:

The Baner
The Seer
The Vigilante

Two wolves:

Wolf Alpha
Wolf Beta

2 Third Party Roles:

Idiot
Tiger

And 1 Mystery Role:

???????????

First, I think we need to have Kazz clarify:

Is the Tiger a separate role, or does it overlap like in VvW? That's a pretty important thing to know.

Anyway, assuming the mystery role isn't anything gamebreaking (which Kazz said it wasn't) we don't have to worry about a 5th wincon.

If we lynch twice and don't hit a wolf, and the vig doesn't shoot a wolf somewhere in there, we lose, regardless of whether that results in a tiger win or not.

The idiot isn't gonna try to get him/herself lynched until after the tiger is dead, so, barring bad luck, we can safely assume anyone acting weird isn't the idiot. Idiot optimum play is to law low and then appear wolflike in thread after Tiger death.

What this means: Lynch anyone suspicious, we only get two shots. Vig, don't fire a shot night 1. If we miss twice and the wolves are still alive, we can still win if the Vig kills a wolf or the Baner protects either night 1 or 2.

The tiger's best bet is to lay low also.
ImageImageImage

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm here etc etc.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Pota-pot wrote:You can't vote until everyone has checked in anyway.

Do the Weretiger and Idiot stack at all, or are there only 4 innocents?

The two wolves, seer, baner, vigilante, idiot, weretiger, and secret role are all separate people.
the best kazz around

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 pm

beatbandito wrote:Oh hey I just bothered to think about things for a minute and if the vigilante misses a wolf then the only thing stopping the wolves from getting a night 1 win is either the weretiger getting super lucky and escaping tonight's killing grounds or Grath being the fool. So I guess I should rescind for now and decide if I should try a crazy gambit before someone else does.

The wolves can't possibly get a night 1 win. They need to have 50% of the total player count, not just the innocents.
the best kazz around

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Kazz wrote:The wolves can't possibly get a night 1 win. They need to have 50% of the total player count, not just the innocents.

Kazz wrote:Wolves:

Two vanilla wolves with a night kill each night

Whoops, read that as one kill each. Guess this wont be as balls-to-the-wall as I thought.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Yeah, dunno why I used different language than the Vig for that. Altered to say "Two vanilla wolves - one kill per night"
the best kazz around

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Also the wolves will want to be as cautious with their kill as the vigilante will. I can easily imagine the first 3 or 4 kills all being lynches.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Pota-pot wrote:Also the wolves will want to be as cautious with their kill as the vigilante will. I can easily imagine the first 3 or 4 kills all being lynches.

I need to stop butting into the gameplay, but I feel as though you have a rule misconception.
the best kazz around

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Kazz wrote:During the night, the seer, baner, vigilante, and werewolves choose targets (if they wish) for their abilities.

Is this another poor choice of wording?

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:36 am

I guess. I removed "(if they wish)" because the Vigilante is the only person who could potentially benefit his team by targetting nobody. The Baner can target himself, but if he is attacked while doing so, he loses his ability. I have that option because it is better than simply dying. The werewolves, seer, and baner must choose a target every night.

I'm done meddling. On with the game.
the best kazz around

Postby Newbie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:06 am

OH HEY, let's all check in!
tiny text

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

oh, WOLFNewbie wants us all to check in now. Just like a wolf would want.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 am

Mothra still needs to punch in.
the best kazz around