Mothra - Grath
ocksi - Lottel
Pota-pon - Grath

22 hours remain.
the best kazz around

Lottel

Re: Mr. Bones' Wild Ride

Postby Lottel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Well, since it'd be stupid to vote for myself and I'm pretty sure Grath is the Devil anyway, I'm voting Grath

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm

flip that coin nowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammies

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Lottel and others should really go ahead and claim their role if they're claiming innocence.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 pm

ocksi wrote:Lottel and others should really go ahead and claim their role if they're claiming innocence.

I AM THE VILLAGE IDIOT.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 pm

i'm gonna sleep on how to break the tie cause i don't like coinflips
the best kazz around

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:01 am

What other way is there to do it

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:39 am

i'm awake

coin flip it is!

order of participants is 1 = Grath, 2 = Lottel

shut my eyes and jammed the button at http://dicelog.com/dice over and over

when i opened them:

"WAIT!" shouts Grath. "That's clearly got more sides than--*gakk*" as the rope snaps around his neck and turns out he was the Devil and he hangs limp above the carriage for the remainder of the ride somehow night roles
the best kazz around

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:32 pm

The ride comes to a sudden halt for the first time in over 48 hours. The weary family lurches; the young boy vomits over the side. Then, in a puff of smoke, Mr. Bones appears in the cart -- the man himself -- and tips his hat.

"Good morning, my friends! It's your lucky day!" he clacks. Making an elegant pirouette, he empties a bag containing the corpse of Kayma, the Seer, into the lap of the mother. She glares up at her calcified captor, seething.

"A gift for m'lady!" he titters, ever-grinning, and begins to bow.

"GET HIM!" she screams. The family springs into action as one, grabbing the sinister skeleton and tugging him back and forth, shaking him apart.

"Don't rattle me bones!" pleads the vibrating vertebrae. "Take what ye will, but don't rattle me bones!"

Before too long, he is torn to pieces. A thunderclap rings out across the park, the sun turns purple, and a thousand velociraptors emerge from the grass beside the track.

"The spell is broken!" cry the dinosaurs. "The prophecy is fulfilled!"

One of the monstrous lizards clambers over to the daughter. "Come, friend! Let us away!" it shrieks. The family mounts up, grabbing the raptors' reins with elation.

"We ride!" cries the father, and they were off, joining the herd of surviving passengers into the violet sunrise. And as one ride began, another finally ended.

Gok Tinnik, leaning against the turnstyle with a cigarette, watches with bemusement. "What the fuck is ever happening," he mutters, and wanders away.

---

There were 8 passengers aboard Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.

Friday - Weretiger (Lynched Day 1)
Grath - Devil (Lynched Day 2)
Kayma - Seer (Killed by Wolves, Night 2)
Lottel - Wolf
Mothra - Mr. Bones
Newbie - Vigilante (Killed by Wolves, Night 1)
ocksi - Baner
Pota-pot - Wolf

Game Over - Werewolf Team Victory

Thanks for playing!

Commentary to follow soon.

---

Mr. Bones (played by Mothra) -- Once per game, at night, he may choose a dead innocent player to return to life. This player is resurrected at the start of the next day, with role and powers intact. Using this ability kills Mr. Bones.
the best kazz around

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Well why didn't Mothra -- oh, i see.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Does weretiger count as "innocent"? That would have been a hilarious spiteful move.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 am

I don't like the innocent loss at 2-2. If coin flips are allowed, it could easily have been a coinflip in favor of innocents on the final two lynch days. Alternatively, innocent coin flip on day 3, Mr. Bones res Vigilante (why would he ever use his power on someone else? Maybe weretiger for stalling?) and that's an innocent win.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:32 am

ocksi wrote:I don't like the innocent loss at 2-2. If coin flips are allowed, it could easily have been a coinflip in favor of innocents on the final two lynch days. Alternatively, innocent coin flip on day 3, Mr. Bones res Vigilante (why would he ever use his power on someone else? Maybe weretiger for stalling?) and that's an innocent win.

This is why I hate coin flips. But it's hard to keep the game in motion without time limits (both days were pretty long) and then there's usually ties in a game that starts with 8. Starting with an odd number of players may help, but due to the Vig it could still end up even. I'd come up with something else in any future games.

The Weretiger resurrection idea intrigues me as a Bones nuclear option to keep the wolves at bay for a turn.

Oh and I re-learned why I can't have Friday in non-anonymous games. Sorry F-dog ilu
the best kazz around

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 am

Coin flips in favor of innocents would be abused by having each person vote for a different person.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:37 am

Kazz wrote:Oh and I re-learned why I can't have Friday in non-anonymous games. Sorry F-dog ilu

I was talking to Friday and we agreed that having her in a non-anonymous game is basically like this:

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:15 am

zaratustra wrote:Coin flips in favor of innocents would be abused by having each person vote for a different person.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:30 pm

OTOH the game was tied 3-3 on day 2, so why didn't it end at dawn then? The only time there was an innocent (counting weretiger) advantage was day 1.

Come to think of it, that's why the weretiger is so bad in such a small game: the innocents start out with a small numbers advantage to begin with, and have to find one of their own to kill off before they even think of wolves.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Actually realized the appeal of werewolf once we got to the back-talkin' and schemin' bits that happen across chat and PM. This game's kinda cool!

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:04 pm

ocksi wrote:OTOH the game was tied 3-3 on day 2, so why didn't it end at dawn then? The only time there was an innocent (counting weretiger) advantage was day 1.

Come to think of it, that's why the weretiger is so bad in such a small game: the innocents start out with a small numbers advantage to begin with, and have to find one of their own to kill off before they even think of wolves.

I hadn't found my fellow wolves until the last day, so there wasn't a guarantee that I'd bandwagon with them.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Grath wrote:
ocksi wrote:OTOH the game was tied 3-3 on day 2, so why didn't it end at dawn then? The only time there was an innocent (counting weretiger) advantage was day 1.

I hadn't found my fellow wolves until the last day, so there wasn't a guarantee that I'd bandwagon with them.

Yeah, the Devil is unaware of who the wolves are. He just wins if they win and he actually counts against their victory condition so he doesn't have qualms about sacrificing himself in the end, which is exactly what happened.

By the way, this was a very rough game to be a Seer in. Somehow people just had their Seer-Killin' mitts on.

Anyway. Next game is going to have 9 players. Cooking it up now, topic up soon. It will be anonymous.
the best kazz around