Welcome to Wolf-Mart (Gameplay)

Moderator: Friday

Greeter

Re: Welcome to Wolf-Mart (Gameplay)

Postby Greeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 am

I WANT INNOCENTS TO HAVE AN EXTRA SHOT EXACTLY BECAUSE I AM NOT SURE WHO THE WOLF IS!

edit: IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY REASON THE VIGILANTE OUTING THEMSELVES WOULD BE UNSAFE AT THIS POINT, I AM ALL EARS!

Rosencrantz

Postby Rosencrantz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 am

Greeter can stop with the CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL any time now.

Greeter

Postby Greeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:09 am

THIS IS MY INDOOR VOICE!

also, yeah, I'm the vigilante.

Seeker

Postby Seeker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:41 am

Oh, BEAT's playing! That's fun.

So by my count we've got a Devil and a Wolf against the town at this point. We're gonna have to be a pretty unified front here to make the good thing happen here.

Greeter

Postby Greeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:52 am

The three and a half options I can see right now are:
1) Devil or Wolf lynched, Baner protects Vigilante, Vigilante kills the other. Villager win.
2a) Vigilante lynched, Baner protects either themselves or iamwolf, wolves kill the unprotected person. Wolf win.
2b) Vigilante lynched, Baner protects either themselves or iamwolf, wolves fail to kill the protected person. Villager win.
3) Baner lynched, wolves kill Vigilante before the Vigilante can get a shot through. Wolf win.

edit: So the wolves don't really benefit from the villagers hiding any more information, and everyone might as well play with their cards on the table.

iamawolf

Postby iamawolf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:24 am

Since The Greetest was trying to talk people out of believing I was innocent after I was GM-confirmed, and won't role-claim in private to me now that that is also true, I've got no choice but to assume he's playing for the bads. Still also fairly certain Rosen is the other bad. If I'm wrong, the bandwagon will end the game here.

Hopefully the Greetest isn't just playing like an idiot for no reason.

iamawolf

Postby iamawolf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:27 am

Rosencrantz is fairly obviously bad, as he is actively voting even though there is a scum bandwagon available to end the day.

Greeter

Postby Greeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 pm

I've suspected Seeker is an innocent since the start of the day and nothing has disproven that.

The Greetest

where doing this

WHERE MAKING THIS HAPEN

Seeker

Postby Seeker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:25 pm

The Greetest

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Game Over - Innocent Victory

Bar of Soap - Wolf
Captain Silver - Hunter
Greeter - Vigilante
Highlander - Wolf
iamawolf - Revealer
Joe - Seer (Fool)
Mr Associate - Weretiger
Rosencrantz - Devil
Sam Wolfton - Seer
Seeker - Baner
The Greetest - Wolf

Commentary to follow! Thanks for playing! New game up soon.

By the way, you are under no pressure to reveal your true identity, but feel free to do so.
the best kazz around

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Okay it panned out, but seriously all you people are retarded for following iamawolf's plan. Just because it was a good guess doesn't mean it wasn't a guessing game.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:52 pm

The thing is, I never really guessed. You acted super-idiotic and people actually did claim their roles to me. I was also fairly certain Seeker was good because Sam contacted me day 1, so I had a pretty solid idea Joe was the fool, not the seer.

There were also seven players, and I knew for certain who two of the good and one of the bad was. There was only one other good player, so I knew it wasn't actually that dangerous to accuse everyone else of being bad guys.

People who think innocent team should sit back passively and wait for the wolves to win are dumb. Innocents win by being aggressive with the information they have. Wolves are more dangerous and have more information from the outset. Playing innocent is the game of aggressively getting as much information as possible and using it as quickly as possible, before things change or get out of hand.

Also, thank you wolves for killing the weretiger. Innocent team would have had to sacrifice one of their own if you hadn't. Bold move, when you've already all been fingered.

EDIT: I did make one guess, actually, but that was just on who to reveal. Bar of Soap, Rosencrantz, and Highlander were the only choices for me at that point because they were playing really close to the chest. After Bar was revealed and also having some role PMs with only seven players laid out a very easy scenario to piece together.

Still wish the innocent team hadn't played like a bunch of idiots on Day 1, though.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 pm

'super idiotic' has to include repeatedly saying you know all the roles and immediately following it up with requests for everyone to claim roles.

Don't get me wrong, you being a known innocent was the biggest strength you guys had going, and had I been alone to make a decision I would have offed (or tried to off, I figured there was a good chance Seeker was protecting you) you last night. Without you there would have been too much confusion to hold the rest of the group together.

That said if I had been, say, the vigilante; I probably would have acted basically exactly the same in the thread. When it came down to your reveal I was convinced you were being strung along by the weretiger, and if there had been any doubt that you weren't an innocent role (if there had been conversions / the role was simply labeled 'secret' not 'innocent secret') I would have killed you for the same reasons I wanted to kill you as a wolf.

It was a fun game though. If not for that twist things probably would've rolled into a relatively easy wolf win.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:32 pm

The only reason I asked for your role on the final day is the strange situation we had last game where a player was inexperienced and helped the wrong team. I wanted to make sure that wasn't the reason you were playing stupid. If you had made a role claim of something I already knew, it could have made things more interesting. Instead you just didn't respond, so it was fairly obvious you were set to lose.

If you think making confident claims (that are correct) is as idiotic as trying to cast doubt on an innocent who has just been GM-confirmed, you probably just aren't very good at the game.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Obviously I didn't have all the information, but I think ocksi did a pretty good job of rallying the innocent team. I don't think it was a bad play to follow in any sense. Good win.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:13 pm

I was The Devil / Rosencrantz. I found Bar of Soap night 0, but then he didn't trust me with who the other Wolves were so when he got outed, I lost track. I knew Seeker was the Baner, though. Hence my attempted bandwagoning.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Granted, I've only played two games, but I was compleeeetely positive we were all doomed when I (Joe) and the baner died on the first day. Pretty impressive victory.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Mothra wrote:Granted, I've only played two games, but I was compleeeetely positive we were all doomed when I (Joe) and the baner died on the first day. Pretty impressive victory.

Seeker (The Baner / your Fool target) survived the whole game, it was The Hunter who died on the first day.

Postby Newbie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 pm

As the weretiger, I felt like I failed to capitalize on my scries. In wolfgames I usually go overboard early on and get myself lynched, so I felt like I had to play super conservatively, since I didn't have a team to compensate for my usual slapdash playstyle. I scried the Seer night 0 and didn't want to tip my hand too much by voting for him, and then he died that night anyway.

I think I scried Bar of Soap next, but by the time it occurred to me that I should have tried to claim myself as the devil, the Revelations Drama had begun and I was too busy trying to decide whether to roleclaim to iamawolf to come up with an explanation for why I'd taken so long to contact the wolves.
tiny text

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 pm

(me = Greeter)

Seriously, you wolves played into ocksi's hands and then failed to kill him. A confirmed innocent is deadly in the late game.

I should have deduced who was wolves in the last day from the bandwagon that failed to ensue from your votes, but you didn't even TRY to construct a logical argument once there were five known roles left.