<leeham> Gowvok
<Friday> Spones
<Friday> trying to combine scotty and chekov
<leeham> scotch
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Re: CHAT DUMP (and Quotes)

Postby Mongrel » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 am

<Jeb Bush 2012> I can't wait to watch the super bowl, live coverage of the iowa caucuses, donald trump's SOTU, a democratic primary debate, and the oscars
<fmm> Id watch all of this if the networks “accidentally” scrambled their reporters so that the sportscasters were covering the oscars, the political pundits the super bowl, etc
<Rosengren> obviously you should get five televisions and do cocaine until it doesn't matter

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:38 pm

This went places Friday might enjoy.

<bracketbot> mayor pete’s campaign helped pay for the app that fucked up the vote tallying
<wcb> Seems doubtful
<Jack> It looks like they’ve done separate work with the same software firm, Shadow (because why not just a supervillain name) which is largely staffed by Obama and Clinton people.
<Jack> Not sure if it’s an overt conflict of interest but shady as fuck to not disclose any of this.
<Jack> This is after the Buttigieg campaign managed to spike the DMR poll
<wcb> Wasn't it disclosed in the FEC filings?
<Jack> I'm not really interested in your justifications of a notification being put up in an abandoned cellar somewhere behind a hidden wall, a sea of fire, the one-eyed guardian and the chasm of doom and that meeting some arcane standard of due diligence. I'm interested in the fact that none of the other campaigns knew this until last night and there was a good several hours where every major news outlet was just reporting that no one knew who developed the app because the DNC wouldn't answer them forthrightly.
<Doug> dude that sounds cool
<Jack>I was alternately going to go with the Vogon bit about the notification on Earth's destruction, but was too lazy to get up and grab my copy of Hitchhiker's.
<Khaos> i like that after you pass a hidden wall, a sea of fire, the one-eyed guardian and the chasm of doom you just end up in some guys abandoned cellar
<Doug> Isn't every dungeon really just some mad wizard's abandoned cellar
<Grant> now I will assume that monsters in dungeons are tenants, living in the wizard's basement apartment
<Jack> This implies that D&D is a game of armed burglary, which checks out
<Grant> It would be fun to spring some sort of Dungeon Police, who teleport into dungeons when they get word of a break-in, on pcs. Especially on PCs who try to rest in the dungeon.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:05 pm

THIS IS THE DUNGEON POLICE YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR RESTING UNDER

<Brentai> Wow I'm getting a whirlwind tour of the usual idiot queries this morning.
<Brentai> "This field isn't what I assumed it to be, please change it and break everyone else's stuff." "Numbers are down, tell me how it's your fault." "I'm Some Guy and I need unrestricted access to everything."
<beatbandito> I'd start with the last one then blame Some Guy for 1 and 2
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:51 am

I know it's gauche to post a self quote, but it's still making me snicker

22:29 → quaddle joined (~Mibbit@108-251-89-5.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
22:29 <beatbandito> yes there's no sound
22:30 ⇐ quaddle quit (~Mibbit@108-251-89-5.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net) Client Quit

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

<barksdale> Personally if I were running for president, I would want to travel the country and meet voters individually just to tell them they're complete sacks of shit. That's why I support Joe Biden

Metal Slime

Postby Metal Slime » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:00 pm

[17:58] <Lady> okay wow
[17:58] <Lady> some of these people on youtube have no business masturbating their cats

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:26 pm

<barksdale> Personally if I were running for president, I would want to travel the country and meet voters individually just to tell them they're complete sacks of shit. That's why I support Joe Biden

god damn it this made me like Biden more
ImageImageImage

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:25 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again: Biden has been telling voters to vote for someone else and, damnit, they did. Nobody else has shown that kind of effective leadership.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Friday wrote:

god damn it this made me like Biden more

Bloomberg's surge in the polls has certainly made me look at Biden with much more of a "well, I guess it could be worse" attitude.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Yeah, I was already there. I remember three months ago when Biden was the worst candidate I knew about, then Pete was like "hold my beer" and then Bloomberg came along and was like "hold my entire bar".
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm

"...which I just bought, to host campaign events in."