Re: #Tell Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 am

Those are some grade A cat pics.

Also what the hell I want a hiking buddy cat
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:56 am

These cats are crazy. I would settle for just a bodega cat. One I can trust to not run out the door or go home with someone else.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:18 am

haha get rotated idiot

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:45 am

I never thought I'd ever see Tomoe Nage done on a charging ram, but here we are
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 am

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:23 pm

ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:31 pm

ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:45 am

my wife and I had a long debate about this question and we came to a consensus that the ring belonged to Isildur, because Sauron was not technically a being of Middle-Earth and thus had no claim to earthly property, thus the ring passed to Isildur legally (his de-ringing of Sauron being murder or not is a different debate), and Isildur made it an "heirloom to [his] kingdom." Thus, the ring SHOULD be property of Aragorn. However, since Aragorn did not lay a claim to the ring, it would have remained in stewardship with the rest of Isildur's kingdom (under the rule of Denethor) until such time as Aragorn's coronation. And Boromir was acting as an ambassador to Gondor at the council of Elrond, thus he is representing the nation and has the full legal backing of Gondor in his decisions, THEREFORE Boromir's demand for Frodo "It is not yours save by unhappy chance. It might have been mine. It should be mine. Give it to me!" was legal, and any court of law would force Frodo to give Boromir the ring.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:52 am

Büge wrote:my wife and I had a long debate about this question and we came to a consensus that the ring belonged to Isildur, because Sauron was not technically a being of Middle-Earth and thus had no claim to earthly property, thus the ring passed to Isildur legally (his de-ringing of Sauron being murder or not is a different debate), and Isildur made it an "heirloom to [his] kingdom." Thus, the ring SHOULD be property of Aragorn. However, since Aragorn did not lay a claim to the ring, it would have remained in stewardship with the rest of Isildur's kingdom (under the rule of Denethor) until such time as Aragorn's coronation. And Boromir was acting as an ambassador to Gondor at the council of Elrond, thus he is representing the nation and has the full legal backing of Gondor in his decisions, THEREFORE Boromir's demand for Frodo "It is not yours save by unhappy chance. It might have been mine. It should be mine. Give it to me!" was legal, and any court of law would force Frodo to give Boromir the ring.

Seizure by conquest is generally legal, so I don't even think the issue of Sauron's standing comes into it.

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:12 pm

The ring was forged by Sauron, but all of Sauron's power is derived from Morgoth, who only became so powerful because he killed the trees and stole the Silmarils. Ungoliant does not have a claim as she existed beyond the scope of Illuvatar and came from the void. However when Huan 1v1ed Sauron and totally kicked his ass because Sauron is a little bitch, and took back the Tol Sirion, Sauron was forced to (legally, and magically) give dominion of the isle back over to the dog. Later, as Huan was dying of his poisoned wounds he suffered from Carcharoth, he said goodbye to Beren. This constitutes a legal will in the by-laws of middle earth, so Beren inherited Tol Sirion and all of the treasures and items contained therein. However, meanwhile, Hurin had been kept by Morgoth chained to a chair above Thangorodrim and given magical sight to see all the fucked up shit his son was doing, was then let go by Morgoth, who, knowing he had successfully twisted Hurin's mind, hoped that by releasing him would discover the location of Gondolin. (Remember at this point Tol Sirion belongs to a dog who then gave it to Beren.) Hurin then journeys to the edge of Gondolin in the mountains and asks Turgon if he can come back in. Turgon thinks about it and says no, so Hurin leaves and he's pissed. But then Turgon changes his mind and sends the eagles to go get Hurin, but can't find him. Remember that Turgon is wearing the sword Glamdring at this time. So Hurin goes to the ruins of Nargothrond, where his son Turin stayed for a time, and Mim the petty dwarf comes out and starts fawning over Hurin. But Hurin is like "Not unknown to me who it was that betrayed the House of Dor-Lomin" and kills Mim and takes the Nauglamír. He then journeys to Doriath and comes before Thingol and Melian. He throws the Nauglamír down on the ground and is like "This is payment for the welcome you gave my son" and he says it all sarcastically, because Morgoth twisted his sight to make Hurin think that Thingol and Melian were mean to Turin. But then Melian, the Maia, which is just an uncorrupted Balrog, uses her power to lift the curse from Hurin, who now sees how Morgoth totally used him. He apologizes to the the elf and the maia and gives the Nauglamír unsarcastically and then leaves. Nobody ever hears from him again, as he had lost all his purpose at this point. Some say he threw himself into the sea. Meanwhile, Melian is the mother of Luthien, who is the wife of Beren, and thus, under California law, has legal ownership of 50% of her husband's assets. They had a kid, Dior, who went to Doriath and got back the Nauglamír and put the recovered Silmaril that his parents (with Huan's help) had recovered from Morgoth in it. At this point, he owns 25% of Huan's estate, Tol Sirion. He is killed by the sons of Feanor when they awaken their terrible oath but kills several of them himself. However, the surviving sons are unable to lay hands on the Silmaril/Nauglamír, as Dior's daughter, Elwing, escapes. (12.5%) Later, she marries Eärendil, who WAS SUCCORED AND GIVEN AID BY TURGON, THE KING OF GONDOLIN, WHO WAS ALSO HIS GRANDFATHER. (Important.) Later Eärendil goes to Valinor and gets the Valar to finally get off their ass and do something about the fuckin' problem. So they go to Middle Earth and fuck up all the Orcs and Balrogs and Dragons. However, Ancalagon the Black, the greatest and leader of the first winged, flying dragons (and a huge chonky boy to boot) manages to hold off the Host of the West for a full Night. However Eärendil on his magic flying ship kills Chonky boy and his fall BROKE THE WHOLE FUCKING FORTRESS AND THE MOUNTAIN ABOVE ANGBAND. However all of this is irrelevant. Later Eärendil and Elwing had two sons, Elros and Elrond. Yes that Elrond. They each inherited 6.25% of Huan's assets. Later Elros goes off to Númenor and becomes the first King of that nation-state, and changes his name to Tar-Minyatur because minotaurs were his fursona. He then has a bunch of kids who have a bunch of kids who have a bunch of kids. Later Sauron comes to Númenor and tells the people there "dude like the Valar are keeping immortality from you" and they agree and sail west to Valinor. But Oromë invokes his power and Ilúvatar sinks the fleet and also the island of Númenor. However some of the faithful who were not seduced by Sauron's weak-ass bitch bullshit escape and they go to Middle Earth and found the twin kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor. Elendil founded Arnor and his son (our boy) Isildur founded Gondor, along with his kinsman Anárion. Their thrones were set side by side. Meanwhile Beleriand had been basically completely destroyed in the War of Wrath (when the Host of West, prompted by Eärendil, got off their ass and fucked up all the Balrogs, well, almost all, a few of them escaped and hid themselves in the deep places in the world and we know where ONE OF THEM ended up, that is, Durin's Bane, when the Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep in their pursuit of Mithril, known as true-silver to the dwarves) and sunk beneath the sea. This includes Tol Sirion, Huan's holdings, as was legally passed to him by Sauron when Huan 1v1ed him. Thus, as Tol Sirion was gone, it is only fair that Sauron's second most important holdings, namely Barad-Dur, would pass to Huan. As Huan gave all his shit to Beren when he died, we can safely say that at this point Elrond owns 6.25% of Barad-Dur, and Elendil, Anárion, and our boy Isildur own some vanishingly small percentage as well. As the ring was forged in Mount Doom (which is a subsidiary holding of Barad-Dur) this means that Huan also owns the Ring, and thus, Elrond owns the largest remaining percentage of the Ring.

HOWEVER.

Remember that none of this would have been possible without my boy Turgon, who was the father of Idril, the wife of Tuor, the parents of Eärendil. Now Eärendil did the most insane thing ever in the whole goddamn history of Middle-Earth by killing the Absolute Chonky Boy Ancalagon in a magical flying ship and thus we cannot just disregard such chad-like behavior. However, none of that shit would have been possible without my boy Turgon. And what weapon was Turgon wielding throughout his life and at last in the Tower of the King in Gondolin as it fell, as Idril, Tuor, and their son Eärendil watched it fall, and with it the last free city of the Elves under the oppression of Morgoth? That's right, Glamdring. Now we do not know how the fuck Glamdring (which was certainly looted by the Balrogs and Orcs after Turgon's death) came into the ownership of the Trolls that Gandalf and Bolbo got tangled up with in the events of the Hobbit, but it did. And since possession is 9/10ths of the law and clearly the Trolls can not be proven to have stolen the blade from someone and could have acquired it under legal trade or sale, and they were unjustly murdered by Gandalf who tricked them into arguing with themselves until the sun came up and turned them to stone, we can conclude that, based on how Turgon succored Eärendil, and Eärendil killed Ancalagon (the Chonky Boy) and that the slaying of said Winged Dragon was the coolest shit in history, but none of that would have been possible without Turgon, and Turgon used Glamdring to enforce his martial will, therefore the combined stake in Tol Sirion and the act of wicked cool shit that he enabled gives Turgon the largest claim to Barad-Dur, and all treasures and items contained and produced within. However as Turgon is dead, said stake passes to Glamdring. And as the trolls had Glamdring, and Gandalf stole it from them and murdered them illegally (they hadn't even eaten any of the dwarves yet) we can then conclude that the Trolls that Gandalf and Bolbo turned to stone are the legal guardians of the Ring. As such, if Elrond had any morals whatsoever and was not so intent on pressing his measly 6.25% claim to advocate for the Ring's destruction (which even the legal descendants of Isildur opposed) he would have told Frodo to take the Ring back to the Trolls.

It's what Huan would have wanted.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:57 pm

ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:11 pm

Ah ben, calisse.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Courtesy of Buge

Also you should stop by the Bronto Discord because we been posting cat pics on there ever since the #FF refugee gang started crossover posting there.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:52 pm

Friday wrote:

nice forever collar

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:36 pm

Is that a pet... monitor lizard?

Well, I guess that's not really unheard of.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:18 am

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:43 am

Rings of Power? In my vagina?!
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:04 pm

Stopped for an Ester flask