MONGREL 20000

Niku

Re: MONGREL 20000

Postby Niku » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:27 pm

Okay so, uh, this isn't going to be all that impressive.

As about half of you know by now, I originally wanted gonna do a two-parter deepfake video where Biden first announces I'm being banned for the good of all mankind, and then announces that it was a mistake so they have to let me off on a technicality, even if it's against his better judgment and personal opinion. Not ultra-high effort, just short audio with one of those CSPAN long shots of Biden addressing Congress. Maybe a "Mongrel Banned!" decal overlaying the text on the footage.

I figured Biden instead of Trudeau because the boards are US jurisdiction and also because there were lots of Biden videos and no Trudeau ones (also Biden's just inherently funnier). Anyway that went out the window because deepfake hysteria has been so severe it understandably kind of difficult to find tutorials on how to make them past "Sign up for elevenlabs", much less anyone willing to risk making such videos for someone else.

Also, for the record, I don't think Mothra even banned me properly, lol, as far as I can tell I've been able to post this entire time and was never actually logged out or anything [user was banned for this post]. Poor guy keeps getting people asking him to unban me!

So I had two half-baked backup plans for sorta-games to run which I've been trying to decide between and instead of trying to decide, imma just make a poll and you guys can choose. New thread for that, Friday-style.

Finally, the only really irritating thing about not posting was not being able to share the two goddamned cutest videos I've seen all year. If they don't make your heart grow three sizes then I dunno what afghstfdiuyuiethuthuiiieeeeeeee

Bonus seepytime kid

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:03 pm

I am a little bit sad that at no point could I find a good way to work in a 20,000 Leagues reference/gag.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 pm

Oh and further credit to Mothra: He came up with a great idea about doing that Simpsons episode where the kids go out and rediscover nature, so like, I get banned, go out on the town and come back a week later with pics of Starr and I having fun during that time.

I ended up taking even longer than a week off anyway, and I think that would have worked if it was summer or at least properly spring, but right now the city is just bleah-dismal, and finances/post-pandemic loss of third spaces make the logistics kinda poop. But it was a good idea!

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:03 am

I've actually seen those two videos before (well, the snow leopard one without the voice over) and they are indeed 10/10 cute.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:16 am

I have an intrinsic affection for leopards among other big cats cos even though they have other ranges, Persians have always held them in high regard and there's even a specific Persian subspecies, so it's A Thing. Anyhoo, so when I was a kid my mom bought me a life-size leopard stuffie which I often used as a pillow for naps.

But that's like, the most tightly bonded pair of big cats I've ever seen.