Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Brontotheme Colorgeddon

Postby Mothra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:46 pm

What color is the dress, Ryg?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Made some long-overdue color fixes in the Moderator panel (move posts, split topics, etc). I have no idea why that one button is still not appearing as crimson.

I have a bit more time now than I did. Anyone have any problems that've been grating on them?

Next thing I gotta do is to change the colors of the the little icons on all the buttons (like the little arrow on "Post a Reply") from grey to like white or faded orange.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Added a [ vine ] tag for embeddin' wacky Vine videos.

Example: [ vine ]https://vine.co/v/hpxFZzlQHza[ /vine ]

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Mothra wrote:Okay, looks like there was an update from the Coralis folks today about their progress toward updating the theme to version 3.1.x:

lawrenc01 PURCHASED 23 hours ago
We are still waiting to hear if this style will be updated for 3.1? Those of us who purchased this theme cannot use it. You have created a 3.1 theme which is nice, but I am not going to give you any more money until you fix this one.

I am sure the changes will take you some time and I wouldn’t mind if you charged a little bit for the update but having no response is unacceptable and I think the Envato customers who can no longer use this style should show their frustration by voting this down.

Sorry, but you have a duty to provide information to customers if you want good reviews.

KomiDesign AUTHOR 23 hours ago
Hello elawrenc01 ,
We won’t charge anything extra for the 3.1 version as it will be included in the same package.It takes more time then we have expected as we have to rebuild all the themes from scratch plus the 3.0 latest update.

Envato customers who can no longer use this style should show their frustration by voting this down.
The theme is still usable as the phpBB 3.0 it will be updated untill 3.0.14 so either way you’ll have two versions included so you can decide which one to go with.

We are working as fast as we can.Thank you for your patience and soon as we’ll release the 3.1 version we’ll notify all our customers.

Promising.

Aaaand the Coralis theme has been pulled down without explanation. All comments on the theme or links to the theme are gone too. Looks like they didn't want to bother making Coralis compatible with 3.1.

I looked into the refund option, but you can only do that if they pulled their theme within 5 days of your purchase.

So! If I want to upgrade the forums to the next version of PHPBB3 (3.1), I need to buy a new theme, since PHPBB3 has completely changed the way their themes work in the latest version, and pre-3.1 themes no longer work. I briefly looked into converting Coralis into a 3.1-compatable theme, but so much has changed I'd have to do more fundamental reworking than I'm capable of.

As for existing 3.1 themes, KomiDesign is still one of the only games in town, and their one functioning 3.1 theme is Subway - Flat Metro.

It looks really... Windows 8ey, but I could probably fix most of that in such a way that it didn't look terrible. I would definitely remove the big honking slideshow thing smack dab in the middle, and maybe reduce the size of the gigantic boxes. Probably would not look too different to the current theme once it's all over and done with.

It would definitely be a significant amount of work, but I'd be down for it if need be.

Last time Brentai and I talked about it, we decided that the new features that come with the latest update weren't quite worth the effort just yet. Here's a list of those changes, half of which I don't understand.

Probably going to wait until the next update, then go ahead with buying this new theme and brontotizing it. Maybe by then we'll have more options for the next theme.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Thu May 21, 2015 9:15 pm

We still need to get you a bottle of something.