Linking things correctly on the Forum: Super Simple Stuff

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Linking things correctly on the Forum: Super Simple Stuff

Postby Smiler » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Hey you dumbfuck I changed it for a reason.

Disposable Ninja

Re: Rick Perry has been indicted.

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 pm

That stick is so far up your ass you're spitting out termites.
For the White Witch!

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Shut the fuck up, Disposable Ninja. Stop being such a disposable ninja about things.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Are we getting this mad about a thread title?

I mean, that's okay I guess. I just need to know if I should go put on my angry pants or something.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm not angry. Or at least, I wasn't until Lyrai piped up. I am still incredibly bitter towards her.

I just felt like annoying Smiler because he came off kind of dick-ish with his mod edits.

Hopefully this bit of drama won't end with me getting banned from yet another forum community I've been a part of for over a decade.
For the White Witch!

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Posting things on the internet: Super Simple Stuff

Postby Joxam » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:23 am

Point is topic titles need context. If I'm looking at a topic list (in our serious business forum no less) and I see ":D" I have no idea what it means. This is our grown up forum, act like it here at least*.

Also we don't ban a lot around here at all so acting like a shit to an admin and then using your very next post to be like, "I hope I'm not banned guys" is the most childish of things. Let's draw attention to this disagreement by not so subtly implying that the management is tyrannical for do something as heavy handed as renaming a topic for clarity in a political debate and discourse forum.

*I'd prefer knowing what I'm clicking on at all times honestly. I've evolved on this issue, I used to not care about stupid links but then I started reading the forums on my cellphone at work.

Bal

Re: Posting things on the internet: Super Simple Stuff.

Postby Bal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:14 am

Interestingly, I had no idea what this thread was about until I clicked it. I assumed it was about the internet, maybe some tangent to the net neutrality topic or something.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Linking things correctly on the Forum: Super Simple S

Postby Joxam » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:29 am

I fixed it.

Disposable Ninja

Re: Posting things on the internet: Super Simple Stuff

Postby Disposable Ninja » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Joxam wrote:Also we don't ban a lot around here at all so acting like a shit to an admin and then using your very next post to be like, "I hope I'm not banned guys" is the most childish of things.

I wasn't trying to emotionally manipulate or anything, and I'm sorry I wrote that out. But Lyrai's post, really and truly, completely wrecked me. The second I saw her reply to this thread all that Talking-Time shit from last year came crashing back and my heart just sank. I was actually half-convinced, in my crazy little brain, that me being banned was a foregone conclusion.

Less sorry for being a little shit to Smiler. I actually thought it was kind of funny. But I see your point, and I usually try to make my links and whatnot properly descriptive. But the schadenfreude was just too strong. Which is probably why I was shitting at Smiler.
For the White Witch!

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Linking things correctly on the Forum: Super Simple Stuf

Postby IGNORE ME » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Moved away from the politics board.

DNi, You're not banned and you're not going to be banned because this. You're safe, as long as the admins you're provoking keep deciding to honor that. That said, if you keep messing with people like that, expect them and others to mess with you back. The reason Lyrai is not in a drag-out argument with you right now is because she showed an interest in not clogging up the boards with that sort of thing, after being poked at a bit for jumping in uninvited.

I'm not saying you guys can't still do that. I wouldn't be mad. I'd just be very disappointed in you.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Brentai wrote:because this

...please don't write links like that.

...yeah, I'll just be going.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Keep walking.