ROMOSOME sends to LYRAI [Talked to]

BUGE sends to MOTHRA [Working on it, posted above]

KAYMA sends to KURIBOH [???]
KAYMA sends to DEFENESTRATION [???]

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: DIRTY SANTA 2016: WARRIORS OF GOOD CHEER

Postby Mothra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:45 am

Yeah, my stuff's been sent and received.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:35 am

Where are all the pictuuuuuuuures then!
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:59 am

Oh whoops, I mean for my package, I sent it off and that same package has been received at Kayma's place. I think it ended up appearing in 4 different Amazon boxes.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 pm

inb4 Kayma shows up, and posts pictures of last year's stuff.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Surely Kayma wouldn't shatter my fragile moth heart two years in a row LIKE A SOULLESS SPACE DRAGON

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 pm

UPDATE: All packages received! I'll post pics of Lyrai's in due time. Mothra's packages each burned nicely in the oven.

I'm gonna top mine off and get them out this week. IT'S CALLED ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS GUYS

Also, sorry.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am

Huh?

What's this box doing here?

!

Takin' it from the top...

A huge zonkin' uncut copy of Stranger in a Strange Land! Now I can reread it, and confuse even more normies with references to water sharing.

A plastic bag full of... are these Transformers?

Yes they are.

Hey, I recognize this one!

It's everyone's favorite militant police officer!

Oh, um. Errr...

It's... Parole! Yeah, Parole.

Good ol'... good ol' Parole.

Holy crap, even more Transformers!

This fucking police tank has so many rockets and gun attachments that they all ended up in separate bags. At least I'm assuming they all snap onto him, since they transform into feet too.

He has no hands. He has no fucking hands. There are only holes that you can snap guns into. He has guns instead of hands.

He also has gun turrets for feet but one of the snapholes seems to be broken so he's kind of wobbling on his left foot.

I couldn't figure out where the hell his hood goes so I made it into some sort of forward chest/crotch armor.

At least he can keep Parole company.

Good fucking God.

Here's another, and also I think a third foot for the SWAT guy?? I just don't know any more.

Okay I do not think you can keep a helicopter in the air with just two bending gryo blades. But then again, what do I know about designing 65 million year old alien robots?

Apparently not much. I am fairly certain that this is wrong.

He looks so happy, though, I don't really want to fix it.

There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it.

You all thought that someday I would go to Hell for my sexual deviancy and unrestrained egotism, but no. When I go to Hell, it will solely be because of the Transflimmers.

Together as one: Parole, Mister, Blister, Fist Eat, Rocklecopter, and Guuuuunfingahz!

Okay, enough of this. Let's get back to the books and video games.

A set of Icewind Dale books, by the guy who I guess gave us Drizz't Do'erden'''! Having never played Icewind Dale and never read a book about spider-elf sex I'm either the wrong audience for this or exactly the right one.

Irredeemable, Volumes 1 and 2! Being not a comics guy I'm just gonna go with the reviews that say it's Not Bad.

Oh my God it's the exact edition of my first Douglas Adams book. I don't actually know how to react properly to this!

Do I... do I put it in a case or... give it to my children? I feel like I ought to do something.

Wow. Just... wow.

...huh.

Just gonna go ahead and move onto vidja games!

Mythical physical games for the mythical Playstation Vita! I actually "own" both of these via PS Plus (meaning I have a very dependent license to play them) but well... I haven't gotten around to Me-Too Smash Bros. yet, and Reality Fighters is preeetty much what you'd expect. At least I don't have to download them if I go on a trip now.

Also, these are now the only two physical games I own for the Vita.

Some PS3 games that I'm not too familiar with! I think The Saboteur is supposed to be decent? And MotorStorm is sealed and I always appreciate something making an attempt to validate my investment in a 3D television. As for Magus... well, this box copy.

"Magus has been imprisoned and tortured with no end in sight. One day a mysterious woman named Kinna appears and helps him break free. She convinces him to embark on a perilous journey to fulfill his destiny, using his unique powers to defeat all who stand in his path. But with two powerful kingdoms vying to control the land and their eyes set on Magus's powers, how will he overcome the odds to become the god he was meant to be?"

One way or another I am strapped the fuck in for this one.

The Bureau! That X-Com game that everyone thought was going to be shitty but turned out to be kinda okay. I haven't gotten around to playing actual X-Com yet even though I have like three different licenses for it so maybe I should go do that first.

Anarchy Reigns! AKA Madworld 2...ish. I've been thinking about how I somehow managed to give away my copy of Bayonetta in both of the last two Dirty Santas I've been in, so it's actually really gratifying to receive a game that has Bayonetta in it.

Persona 4 Arena! Another fighter that I have through PS+, but haven't touched yet because I'm the only Vita owner on the planet who hasn't played Persona 4 in some form. So I wouldn't really get it, not yet anyway.

And finally, the thing that caught my eye the moment I opened the box...

FffffffffffFUCKIN' NIER! I can play this now!

I do not own an X-Box 360.

God damn it, Defenestration.

God damn it, every one.

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:36 am

Brentai wrote:It's everyone's favorite militant police officer!

A good big chunk of the Transformers comics have turned into how Prowl is a scheming, underhanded bastard. It's pretty great. Though after awhile, Optimus keeping him around becomes as plausible as Megatron keeping Starscream around.

"Prowl, I'm leaving you in charge while I go back to Cybertron. Promise me you won't try to kill Spike Witwicky and blow up the Earth Defense Force base while I'm gone."

"Prime, I am definitely going to do those exact things the second you leave me in charge, and you know it, because every single time we have spoken in this arc I have told you that we need to kill Spike Witwicky and blow up the Earth Defense Force base, and I have also consistently ignored your orders and pursued my own agenda. Like, 100% of the time. I have obeyed zero of the orders you have given me in this series to date."

"Okay, sounds good, old friend. Arcee, keep an eye on him. I mean, when you're done clandestinely meeting with Galvatron."

"Sure thing, boss."

Brentai wrote:He has no hands. He has no fucking hands. There are only holes that you can snap guns into. He has guns instead of hands.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Empurata

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:20 pm

The mistransformed Protectobots warm my heart. In case you were not aware, Hot Spot, Blades, Rook, Streetwise (Not actually Prowl, sorry!), and First Aid all combine to the mighty Defensor! And Groove can become a breastplate for him.

I also maintain that the Icewind Dale trilogy is the only really good and cohesive product that R. A. Salvatore ever put out. And I want a full LP of Magus :V

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 pm

And I want a full LP of Magus :V

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:51 pm

I really should have recognized the Protectobots; I read Combiner Wars.

It had its moments (I love that, when the Cybertronians reach out to the Camiens, they discover that the Camiens think Optimus is an actual god, and he's faced with the dilemma of going along with it to try and gain some leverage and do some good, or deferring to Cybertron's democratically-elected leader, who, it bears repeating, is Starscream), but the the actual Combiner Wars part of the story was exactly the kind of event-based, corporate-mandated crap that I hate. I mean, I know I'm reading a toy commercial, but I can still tell the difference between plot points that came from the creative teams and ones that came from Hasbro. The relationship between Rewind and Chromedome has punched me in the gut on multiple occasions (and I audibly gasped "Oh, shit" at one of the big twists in Dying of the Light); that's James Roberts and Alex Milne. Optimus turning into an even giant-er robot called Optimus Maximus by combining with Prowl, Ironhide, Mirage, and Sunstreaker, on the other hand? That is, very obviously, Hasbro. (Although at least it's a less stupid name than Optimal Optimus.)

I mean, Prowl and Ironhide make pretty good sense, actually; they feel like a natural fit for the story. But Mirage and Sunstreaker just show up out of fucking nowhere, for no reason other than that's (presumably) how the toy works.

...I keep doing this "That reminds me of the time..." thing. I'm turning into Kup. Or possibly Peter Griffin.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 am

Mirage and Sunstreaker are in Optimus Maximus because the original mold for the Combiner Wars version of Optimus Maximus was Menasor. Which is funny, because Motormaster was originally going to be Optimus Prime in G1 before it was scrapped due to Optimus being a combiner was stupid and to balance the ranks between the two factions.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 am

Yeah, but in the comic they have no reason to be there and even less reason to be friends.

Like, the last time they saw each other was in a comic from six years prior, and Ironhide thought Mirage was a traitor and tried to kill him, only it turned out Sunstreaker was actually the traitor, and then Sunstreaker and Ironhide both died but then got better, and Ironhide had amnesia for awhile and couldn't remember the last four million years, but now he can, and this all has to be addressed in a scene where they all meet at Blurr's bar and chat about it and they're like "Nah, we're good" so the comic can get that out of the way before they can have their inexplicable but toy-mandated team-up.

I mean, I'm seriously loving these comics, but the events kill the storytelling dead, and make me want to just get back to the ones where a dog has to figure out how to communicate with a primitive robot.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:29 am

They're a little convolted. I really prefer the old Marvel Transformer comics.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:58 am

Well, at this point they're convoluted by the sheer force of now being the longest-running Transformers continuity ever, and having a bunch of nods to other, previous continuities thrown in there.

I never got too deep into the Marvel series; I read maybe the first dozen or so issues from when Budiansky was writing it, and a few scattered later issues from the Furman era (mostly reprints of the Marvel UK stuff when IDW was doing that). Nothing I read there was ever as good as MtMtE/Lost Light has been, but the Earth stuff was better; IDW's never done a decent job with the stories set on Earth. (The first half of All Hail Megatron was pretty solid, but it really fell apart in the last half.)

I think the core of the whole thing, the good idea from which all the other good stuff has arisen, was All Hail Megatron. Establishing that the Autobots were unambiguously terrible, and Megatron's revolution was justified, changes the entire tone of the series. And it gives Megatron a character arc, from reformist philosopher to righteous revolutionary to genocidal monster to, eventually, repentant old soldier.

And you get two dynamite high-concept book pitches: MtMtE/Lost Light is a horror comic about a band of lovable misfits, and RiD is House of Cards Cybertron. Until it isn't anymore, and then Windblade is, and then that turns into Till All Are One.

(Also it's probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing what happens after the end of Beast Machines in the original timeline. Beast Machines was mostly pretty bad but I liked the ending, with Megatron and Optimus both gone and the second-stringers left to usher in a new age on Cybertron; I always wanted to see what happened next, and that's basically the premise RiD took and ran with. Though clearly Cheetor would have been a much different leader than Bumblebee.)

Basically all the books are great except when they decide to acknowledge pretty much any of the Phase One stuff that isn't Megatron Origin. (Or Chaos Theory, I guess, which continues the story from Megatron Origin? I haven't read it yet; waiting for a sale or a bundle.)

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:28 am

Enough of this nerd shit.

Kayma, sent out? Kuriboh (who people have probably guessed who by now) is asking.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Packages sent!

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:48 pm

If my santa hasn't sent theirs out yet, let me know via PM - I'm heading back into the city, to my apartment, and won't be at the address I gave.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 pm

I posted the names above.

I believe most everything is ta ken care of. Kayma needs to post his picture, Brentai's taking care of his gangbang with Romo, and kuri and mine are int he mail.

That leaves Buge to Mothra, which may or may not be erotic.