DIRTY SANTA 2016: WARRIORS OF GOOD CHEER

des

Re: DIRTY SANTA 2016: WARRIORS OF GOOD CHEER

Postby des » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:43 am

this place has such flagrant disregard for rules.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:51 am

I love that doing it wrong is the whole point here. That Inhumanoids paint with water came from Roger or someone like a decade and change ago.

Also I was keeping that Simon thinking I'd remember to get Baer to sign it next time I saw him but of course I always forgot and then the lovely bastard finally died. Ah well.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Could I get a status update on people who have yet to send things out? I talked to Romo, and Brentai already says that he sends his shit out later. Could Kayma, Buge, etc all sound off?

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm still working on it.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:34 am

Let me know if you need to add stuff. I didn't sign up because I'm trying to reduce the amount of crap I own (hahah good luck) instead of adding to it. I'm sure I could find something to contribute.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Shipped just now!

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:55 am

Just drove back home from Las Vegas to find a package on my doorstep!

From Las Vegas!

Anyway Defen I'm keeping your suspiciously solid box locked up tight as a centerpiece in my living room as motivation (plus it keeps me from "accidentally" regifting shit from the same year).

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Buge's out at the moment, but it looks like there's a dirty santa package for Buge here from Las Vegas. It's big and it's heavy as fuck.

Not sure who the sender might be but just FYI it also looks like the box got inspected to hell and back by customs for some bizarre reason, so hopefully everything is okay.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 am

Well. The classification I put it under probably seems strange for the size.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 am

oh, so YOU'RE the wiseacre who sent a full run of InuYasha.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 am

You're kidding right? The full run is more than double that. Post pics!

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:16 am

Anyway, I was delayed putting this up by how utterly savage the gift was. Though frankly, it's amazing it got as far as it did with the kind of packing job whoever this joker was gave it. Tape is for BOTH sides of the box if it's been reused!

Anyway, let's get to it! It's here in one piece and that's good enough for me! OPEN, AND VOMIT YOUR INNARDS!
Wait. Wait a fucking second here. That's not a... that's not seriously... is it?

Piece of fucking corn husking dick sweat. It is.

It's hard to convey just how incredibly saavy for a Bronto Dirty Santa gift this is for me. It's simultaneously delights and destroys me. I covet and despise it simultaneously, on multiple levels. I am humbled at the masterful choice of backhanded gift that sums up the entire spirit of this exchange. But something that was so obviously targeted to me and still trolling of a magnitude to measure in Richter could only be from Grath. Fuck you Grath!

Anyway.
THIS IS AMAZING! I LOVE Tezuka! Black Jack was always a favorite, and i heard about this manga. I sincerely look forward to consuming it. Also, the ninja manual, lol

Remaining items! What's up with the google branded glasses! Those are weird! The block puzzle is really entertaining in a mindless way though I don't think I get the "point." The Books of Useless Information are spewings of weird trivia in its rawest form, so therefore a delight. A manga I've never heard of! A pixelated Luigi! And two movies that are probably going to be terrible that I will watch anyway! Man, it will be weird to go back to Tenchi at this point; it's probably nowhere near as good as i remember it, though I don't think I've seen this specific movie!

Fantastic all around! But Fuck (thank) You Grath!

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:52 am

:D

Make sure you check inside the mug, there's a laser-cut Sonic logo that I tossed down in the bubble wrap as long as it didn't end up falling out with the shoddy packaging, but I saw a glint of blue from the top angled view so hopefully it's still in there.

Also works out well that you like Tezuka because that was just shamelessly regifted from Lyrai last year. <_<

(For what it's worth, the Sonic amiibo was because the Nintendo World Store was on the way home from the office holiday party and I had ducked out of the party early enough that they were still open for 10 minutes. I wasn't intending to be quite that brutal, but it was "something Six would like... something Six would like... oh hey, that's Sonic.")

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:14 pm

I got a giant fed-ex box at my front door today.

Will post more info after family leaves tomorrow, since I sensibly didn't want to open it in front of whole family.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm endlessly amused at how much of Grath's to Six was just the stuff I gave to Grath.

...although where's MonMusu?

Also, gonna post the full exchange list tommorow, along with notifcations of who has confirmed recieved, who's sent/hasn't sent but let me know what's going on, and who hasn't sent and I have no idea w hat's going on with them.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Mystery Box was at my doorstep! I grabbed the box and my handy stabby-thing-to-open-box and retreated to my bedroom, since my parents and sister were in town for Christmas celebrations and I know you fuckers too well to open the box in front of my family.
Apply appropriate amount of box-opening-violence.
Oh boy! Brown paper! Just what I wanted.
Under the brown paper, a bunch of assorted things!
Let's unpack them. ... Yup, glad my parents aren't seeing all of these, although most of it is just weird.
Off-brand not-Nerf double-barreled shotgun, cool because it has shells that automatically eject even if the springs and air seals kinda suck.
Good music (I used to play piano for years) aaaand a fanservice-filled anime about anthropomorphic guns. Still wrapped, so it was clearly purpose-bought. I see how it is.
A whole bunch of Chinese/Japanese/Korean snacks?
And a lot of random books.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:55 pm

OBVIOUSLY MonMusu was worth keeping.

Builds confidence in some of what I sent.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 pm

TA wrote:OBVIOUSLY MonMusu was worth keeping.

Builds confidence in some of what I sent.

IE Upotte and My Girlfriend is a T-Rex?

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 pm

My Girlfriend is a T-Rex is a wonderful work in the same milieu as MonMusu. If you liked the one enough to keep it, then this should be well-received! It's good stuff.

Upotte!! just seemed like a perfect fit.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Grath wrote:aaaand a fanservice-filled anime about anthropomorphic guns. Still wrapped, so it was clearly purpose-bought. I see how it is.

Mother of god