Welcome to Wolf-Mart (Gameplay)

Moderator: Friday

Joe

Re: Welcome to Wolf-Mart (Gameplay)

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Captain Silver wrote:I think a wolf might say, "I am the Seer and <Innocent Villager> is a wolf."

He wouldn't actually name a real wolf.

I think a seer might say, "I am the Seer and <Actual Wolf> is a wolf."

Captain Silver

Postby Captain Silver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Mr Associate wrote:are you kidding? one of the strongest plays as a wolf is to throw an ally under the bus, so that when that ally is discovered to be a wolf, the betrayer is painted as an innocent

But it's turn 1 and he claims to be the seer.

Like, okay, assuming you're right and he is a wolf throwing an ally under a bus, that would mean to the villagers his claim "I am the seer," would be true, which would mean that the villagers expect him to die during the night.

As a wolf, the wolf team would not kill him, he would be alive the next morning, as a seer that was not eaten by wolves during the night.

That play doesn't make any sense.

Captain Silver

Postby Captain Silver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Joe wrote:I think a seer might say, "I am the Seer and <Actual Wolf> is a wolf."

The Seer would say, "I am a normal villager." Can you pleeeeaaaase explain why you ousted yourself

iamawolf

Postby iamawolf » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Captain Silver for voting for a claimed seer. Which is the wolfiest thing you can do.

Captain Silver

Postby Captain Silver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 pm

A wolf would do whatever his wolf teammates told him to do. I sure as heck wish I had two other dudes backing me up!!

Anyway, uh, someone said bullshit and I called them on their bullshit. Still not seeing any explanation of why Joe role-claimed, so if I get lynched while I am asleep, then I am 100% going to kill him with my Hunter power, I've already said as much to Kazz.

If he IS the Seer, we'll be down two humans and the human team will be in a completely garbage spot to win, so please consider that before you lynch me. If you think he is really the Seer, you REALLY don't want to kill me.

iamawolf

Postby iamawolf » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Verify him by killing his accused. It is really not difficult, and if you aren't lying and are just an idiot, it super sucks that we're going to lose a free kill and possibly a seer. If we don't lynch the hunter now that he has claimed, he is a night-kill and his power is meaningless anyway. Oh well.

I'm going to keep my vote on Captain Silver and hope that we can get the lynch and he's decent enough to realize he should use his kill on the claimed seer's accused target.

Captain Silver

Postby Captain Silver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:03 pm

iamawolf wrote:Verify him by killing his accused.

I've asked like three times for him, or anyone really, to provide an explanation for why a Seer would role-claim on day 1, and I haven't gotten one. I'd rather kill him since I'm convinced he's a wolf.

iamawolf wrote:it super sucks that we're going to lose a free kill and possibly a seer

Have to agree there.

Sam Wolfton

Postby Sam Wolfton » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Captain Silver wrote:I've asked like three times for him, or anyone really, to provide an explanation for why a Seer would role-claim on day 1, and I haven't gotten one. I'd rather kill him since I'm convinced he's a wolf.

Due to this reason in particular, I'll be retracting my vote for now.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Why don't we just ask Joe?

Joe, why did you come out with your role day 1?

You realize with a fool in the game we can't trust your results?

In any case, I'm taking my vote off of Rosen and putting it on Joe in order to get him to talk. If he doesn't, I'm inclined to think he's doing some sort of wolf ploy.

Mr Associate

Postby Mr Associate » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 pm

i've been racking my brains to figure out if some sort of role would be as plainly self-destructive as Joe's been, and the only thing that makes sense to me is if it's some sort of village idiot variant

like, what if there's a player who has a role - let's call it "the messiah" - who, if lynched, causes their team to win

but there's still a weretiger so unless messiah death overrides a tiger victory, you'd need to kill the tiger before inciting the mob

i dunno

highlander until i hear something more persuasive

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Someone was gonna kill me, so I outed myself as Seer to at the least take one wolf with me.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm

That's a pretty dumb reason when you had zero suspicion on you before your claim.

My vote stays on Joe.

Bar of Soap

Postby Bar of Soap » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Captain Silver wrote:
iamawolf wrote:Verify him by killing his accused.

I've asked like three times for him, or anyone really, to provide an explanation for why a Seer would role-claim on day 1, and I haven't gotten one. I'd rather kill him since I'm convinced he's a wolf.

He gave his explanation in the very next post after claiming: he hadn't thought through the ramifications of outing himself before going ahead and doing it.

iamawolf wrote:If we don't lynch the hunter now that he has claimed, he is a night-kill and his power is meaningless anyway. Oh well.

Gonna have to agree with this. Now that you've claimed hunter, we have no choice but to lynch you. Captain Silver

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Just a reminder that Seeker is 100% a wolf.

Bar of Soap

Postby Bar of Soap » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Actually it's more like 75%. Remember, you could be the fool.

Seeker

Postby Seeker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Even if Joe is the fool, he should think himself the seer, right? If so, he's acting poorly. I'm only holding off on voting for him 'cause if he is the fool, he's at least a warm body in case someone calls off.

Seeker

Postby Seeker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Actually, fuck it. Joe.

I think lynching the Hunter at this pint would be a bad idea since I think it might actually be more likely that Joe is the devil and seer claiming on those ground. I don't like losing "innocent" associates, but getting rid of the devil is probably worth it.

I don't think the wolves will night kill a claimed Hunter right away; I think they'd rather keep him as a known quantity and try to hit a seer or baner or weretiger.

Sam Wolfton

Postby Sam Wolfton » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

After a fair amount of thought on the subject, I've decided that it's in our best interests to now take Joe at his word with regards to Seeker. Seeker, if I could just see you in my office for a minute.

The Greetest

Postby The Greetest » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm

There sure are a lot of dumb ideas out there!

Let's not vote for the guy who a totally unconfirmed seer says is bad, especially in a game where there's a fool.
Let's not kill the Hunter just because he's less useful now that he's revealed. Or because he's questioning someone who is 100% worth questioning.

The first day is always a crapshoot Joe is being enough of a wildcard to warrant sorting out before things start really getting crazy. Unless someone makes a more suspicious reveal his role is the one I most want to confirm.

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:52 pm

The Greetest wrote:The first day is always a crapshoot Joe is being enough of a wildcard to warrant sorting out before things start really getting crazy. Unless someone makes a more suspicious reveal his role is the one I most want to confirm.

That is the fattest load of wolftalk I've ever heard. I've practically sauntered down to aisle 17 and doused myself with wolf urine, and you want to waste the innocents' first kill on me.