Medium Difficulty (IT)

Moderator: Friday

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Medium Difficulty (IT)

Postby Kazz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

In the world of Ysteria, death is merely an inconvenience. Welcome to a world of spirits, zombies, and also werewolves why not.

After seeing this particular job listing, Gok Tinnik decided to take the fucking week off.

---

The exact numbers of each role will be kept secret. Here are all of the possible roles:

Innocent Roles

The Innocents win if all Werewolves and the Necromancer are dead.

Seer - normal scry ability. Each night, chooses a living target and discovers that player's role and victory condition.
Baner - each night, protects a living player from the werewolves. May protect him/herself, but if attacked while doing so, loses this ability.
Vigilante - each night, may choose a living player to kill.
Medium - may use PMs to communicate with dead players. Each night, may choose a dead target and discover that player's role and victory condition.
Spirit Keeper - may protect dead players from the Soul Corrupter (wolf role).
Mr. Bones - once per game, may choose a dead player to return to the living. Doing this kills Mr. Bones.

Werewolf Roles

The werewolves, as a team, may choose a living player to kill each night. They win if their number is equal to or greater than the number of all other living players.

Janitor - once per game, may choose a living player that the werewolves are killing that night. The killed player's role will not be reported publicly, but will be revealed to the wolves.
Soul Corrupter - each night, may choose a dead player to corrupt. That player now wins if the Werewolves win.
Wolf Devil - each night, chooses a living target and discovers that player's role. (The Wolf Devil counts as a Werewolf for the Werewolf victory condition).

Third Party Roles

The Necromancer and all Zombies win if their combined number is equal to or greater than the number of all other living players.

Necromancer - each night, may choose a dead player to resurrect as a Zombie. When the Necromancer is killed, all Zombies die immediately.
Zombie - technically living, but invulnerable (cannot be killed). May chat, PM, and vote as normal. Wins if the Necromancer wins until the Necromancer is killed, then reverts to his/her original victory condition.

---

Yes, this game is crazy. Ask any questions and sign up below! If signing up, please note whether or not you would like this game to be anonymous.
the best kazz around

Grath

Re: Medium Difficulty (IT)

Postby Grath » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm in. I have no strong feelings one way or another on anonymity, other than being anonymous being slightly a pain because alternate login.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 am

In. Don't care either way about anonymizing.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 am

In.

People who want to be anonymous can just sign up with their own new accounts, right?

Postby Newbie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 am

I'm in! I have no questions and no strong feelings about anonymizing.
tiny text

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:38 am

In and I like anonymous but can live without it.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 am

Leaf wrote:In.

People who want to be anonymous can just sign up with their own new accounts, right?

This makes an absurd amount of sense.
the best kazz around

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:30 am

I'd play, but I have a rules question: if the necromancer can only raise on dead per night and the identity of the dead is known, what stops the soul corrupter from just following the necromancer around, corrupting all the dead? are zombies immune to corruption? Why is there an innocent role that stops the wolves but helps the necromancer?

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:39 pm

ocksi wrote:I'd play, but I have a rules question: if the necromancer can only raise on dead per night and the identity of the dead is known, what stops the soul corrupter from just following the necromancer around, corrupting all the dead? are zombies immune to corruption? Why is there an innocent role that stops the wolves but helps the necromancer?

The Soul Corrupter can only choose dead targets. Zombies are living.
the best kazz around

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 am

Which power gets priority?

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:51 am

That's a fair question. This variant is brand-new and I was actually considering this question on the drive home today. It's important and it will be decided tomorrow. There are a lot of strange interactions here, so I'll hash it all out soon. If it's too complicated, I can dump a few roles and simplify the whole thing.
the best kazz around

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Looking for 5 more signups. I can tweak the game and run with 9, but I'd like as many as wanna get in on it. Give any comments or suggestions for the variant and I will take them into consideration. Love and kisses
the best kazz around

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Kazz wrote:
ocksi wrote:I'd play, but I have a rules question: if the necromancer can only raise on dead per night and the identity of the dead is known, what stops the soul corrupter from just following the necromancer around, corrupting all the dead? are zombies immune to corruption? Why is there an innocent role that stops the wolves but helps the necromancer?

The Soul Corrupter can only choose dead targets. Zombies are living.

are they, kazz? are they really

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, they're not dead.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Okay, this one was a bit ambitious. I'm starting a new game which is small and simple instead.
the best kazz around