Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:11 am

There's something disturbing about a game that is giving me more romance cred than Brentai.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:47 pm

nosimpleway wrote:Image
So to start, he buys out the other owners of the diner. As the textbox says, we can now name the diner whatever we want. Just dump your suggestions in thread.

Railman Jim's Downhome Country Loaf.

François

Postby François » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Too obvious, or just obvious enough?

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 am

"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"?

I am totally going to go busking in every library here now. Brilliant!

Yes, my room obviously needs full length mirrors and a walk-in closet. And dressmaker's dummies. And bolts of cloth and lace. And pins embedded in the carpet....I guess it doesn't have to be that accurate.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:24 am

Hogan's Deep-Fried Dinersaur.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:37 am

Captain Silurian's Fried Raptor and Gasoline.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Brentai wrote:Hogan's Deep-Fried Dinersaur.

This one is my personal favorite so far, but I'll only rename once you guys get any sort of consensus going.

This is the room on top of Silver's tower. Dressers for clothes with makeup, fragrances, scented candles, and other knickknacks on top. A small wardrobe (or the closest I can get) in the corner. Shelves on the walls. Well-lighted mirrors mounted in the corner. There's not an in-game object for a dressing dummy, at least in the core game. Perhaps I should build a Brontocastleus in Terraria instead?

Silver: LAPs 15407, Long-Distance Friend, Attractive, Steel Bladder
Wishes: Write 15 Articles (currently 13) +2500, Reach Level 9 of Journalism Career (currently 8) +2250, Own 3 Venues (currently 1) +3000, Earn a Promotion +1000
Skills: Charisma 8, Writing 8, Guitar 6
Opportunity: Friendship for a Story (find Melissa Thibodeaux and befriend her)
Skill Challenges: Feature Article Writer, Celebrity, Personable

Ada Bee: LAPs 52365, Extra Creative, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Own 3 Venues +3000, Make $25000/wk in Royalties (currently $15502) +15000, Write 10 Bestsellers (currently 6), Write 15 Novels (currently 12) +3750
Skills: Painting 8, Writing 10
Skill Challenge: Speed Writer, Romance Novelist

Beat Bandito'toole: LAPs 20992, Fast Learner, Moodlet Manager
Wishes: Learn All Recipes +5000, Own 3 Venues +3000
Skills: Handiness 10, Logic 10, Cooking 10, Athletics 7
Opportunity: The Dish Showdown (cook a thing and take it to a competition)
Skill Challenges: Electrician, Plumber, Tinkerer, Celestial Explorer,

Zara: LAPs 63489, Acclaimed Author, Fast Learner, Opportunistic, Hardly Hungry, Steel Bladder
Wishes: Own 3 Venues +3000, Be Worth More than $200,000 (currently $179111) +5750
Skills: Logic 5, Painting 8, Writing 10
Skill Challenges: Mystery Novelist

Brentai: LAPs 22668, Long-Distance Friend, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Reach Level 10 of Music Career +6000, Own 3 Venues +3000, Reach Top of Music Career +7500
Skills: Logic 6, Guitar 10, Charisma 6
Skill Challenges: Celebrity

Cash on hand: $4583
Assets: $179111
Lot Value: $109,028
Partnered With: Divisadero Budget Books ($7000), Everfresh Delights Supermarket ($7000), Little Corsican Bistro ($12500), Sharma Day Spa ($15000)
Owns: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner ($24000)

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 pm

If I don't start giving a hoot about my job soon I wont be a big LAPs earner anytime soon.

On that note I vote we buy up lots more stuff. Two more venues, to be exact.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 pm

I vote for Hogan's.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 pm

I am cool with any name, really. You guys pick what you like.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Spoiler: much of this update will be of Brentai wooing ladies.

Spoiler: very little of it will involve Mongrel just off-camera, loudly complaining about his growling stomach without actually bothering to go get any food.

Just this time.

Anyway, Brentai nails another skill challenge.

And after the young lass excuses herself to go home, Brentai borrows Beat's Moodlet Manager for a second and zaps Mongrel with a blast of debilitating radiation. Now you're hungry and sleepy! Ha ha!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 pm

I've stopped mentioning every Opportunity that comes up, because yeesh useless filler, but this one's interesting purely for all the rewards it promises -- relationships with everyone, career progression, and cash!

Before he completes it, another skill challenge.

And a promotion. One that requires a good relationship with his boss, but Beat's got that well in hand already.

Wow Zara neurotic much

wait hold on what

EXCUSE ME I DIDN'T EVEN TALK TO ANYONE ELSE

Well, except what's-her-name from last night, but that was strictly platonic.

Or wait, maybe she ran into River McIrish...?

anyway FINE I SEE HOW IT IS

IT'S OVER

Brent immediately channels Taylor Swift and turns his heartbreak and ruined reputation into a hit song.

Bam.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Oh and speaking of skill challenges

Zara's basically done with Writing, having mastered the skill and completed all its challenges. He'll be collecting royalties for the rest of his life, so that's okay.

Meanwhile, Brent meets up with River again, and since things went so poorly last time the option for a Smooth Recovery is immediately available.

So that's one more girlfriend.

...only this new beau isn't as eager to hop into bed with Brentai as her mom was.

Wow, that was a weird sentence to type.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Hey, that's...!

Awesome, Silver completes the "go find and befriend a total stranger" Opportunity from last time. She even gets to know Melissa well enough that Melissa gives an interview, and thus another article Silver can write.

Oh great, that's good st-- wait, romantic chances?

Awesome.

I told you this update would involve a lot of Brentai hitting on girls.

Despite the nasty rumors going around about Brent's fidelity, Darlene agrees to stay the night once the two leave the gym.

Ada's all up to speed on the rumors and finds this hilarious.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Brent reaches the top of his career path, freeing him utterly from the drudgeries of a regular work schedule. Now that he's a Rock Star, he gets to set his own performance times! Anytime between 3:00 and 11:00 PM, he can head to the community theater or the stadium to put on a concert.

The stadium tends to pay better, but isn't always available since there are sports games and stuff happening there too. (A concert at the Theatre that I didn't screencap paid about $400.)

Also, his tour bus is replaced with a limousine.

That's what breakups generally mean, yes. (I don't know why this message came up at all, honestly. None of Brentai's other exes gave a "she's done pining" message.)

Anyway, more of the same.

Absent-minded can be pretty inconvenient! If food is left on the stove unattended, it'll catch fire every time. This could have been bad if I hadn't been paying attention.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Um... okay...

Much like the previous "become friends" Wish couldn't be achieved with an Ex-Girlfriend relationship, you can't be Best Friends with a Romantic Interest.

So for the sake of the Opportunity Brentai mentions that, y'know, maybe he and Darlene should just be friends...

Darlene does not take it well.

I dunno, game narration, she seems pretty mad.

There's no Smooth Recovery option here, at least, it doesn't come up before Darlene leaves the lot in frustration.

Other characters are buying the "free up lots of time" Rewards. Brent is spending his LAPs on salvaging his reputation. Above Reproach keeps the judgmental eyes of the public from the Sim who buys it, preventing their reputations from decaying further. Once he can afford it I'll buy Clean Slate, which resets his reputation entirely (and, I'm pretty certain, removes all "Ex-Girlfriend" relationship statuses, allowing each lady to be a Friend, Best Friend, Disliked, or Enemy again.)

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Speaking of expensive Rewards, Zara blows a ton of points on a teleportation pad.

This requires a bit of remodeling. New kitchen/dining.

Reading nook, for those who enjoy such a thing.

The telepad is now front-and-center in the house, easily accessible to everyone.

I buy the group a Foosball table -- it's a group activity that's some of the most Fun a Sim can have -- and move a stereo from upstairs so people can listen while they work on the computers.

I spin the staircases around so they're not all haphazard, too.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:23 am

Okay! Beat Skeleton is the oldest Sim across either game, and his birthday is coming up in the next few days. The next update will probably include everyone aging up into seniors. From their senior birthday, Sims live for at least 17 days. A semirandom number of days after that, the Sim dies of old age.

Once a senior, a Sim may retire from their day job. This frees up their schedule and gives them a small daily allowance. I'll probably do this for everyone once the chance comes up, let me know if you don't wanna.

If anyone hasn't yet completed their Lifetime Wish -- Brentai, for instance -- finishing that is my top priority. For everyone who has, I'll be working on Skill Challenges for the skills they know. If they've wrapped up all of those, they can take up a new hobby.

The current score breakdown:
For Lifetime Award Points: the Tyrants have a total of 517,730 and the Brontos 545,172. The Brontos lead.
For Assets: the Tyrants have $343,620 and the Brontos have $286,419. The Tyrants lead.
For Skill Challenges: the Tyrants have nine and the Brontos a whopping eighteen. The Brontos lead.

Silver: LAPs 5402, Long-Distance Friend, Attractive, Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Earn a Promotion +1000, Be Worth More than $300,000 (currently $271,093), Play the Guitar +150, Reach level 10 of Journalism career +9000
Skills: Charisma 8, Writing 9, Guitar 6
Opportunity: City Hall Caper (done, go to work for reward), Tons of Tips (earn $500 total in tips)
Skill Challenges: Feature Article Writer, Celebrity, Personable

Ada Bee: LAPs 8971, Extra Creative, Hardly Hungry, Dirt Defiant, Steel Bladder, Speedy Cleaner
Wishes: Be Worth More than $300,000 +7500, Master Painting skill +7500, Make at Least $25000/wk in Royalties (currently $24,017. No, really.) +15000, Write 10 Best-Sellers (currently 8) +6000
Skills: Painting 9, Writing 10
Opportunity: A History of One (biography Sam Sakemoto)
Skill Challenge: Speed Writer, Romance Novelist

Beat Bandito'toole: LAPs 1196, Fast Learner, Moodlet Manager, Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Be Worth More than $300,000 +7500, Reach level 7 of Military career (currently 5) +1000, Master Athletics skill +5000
Skills: Handiness 10, Logic 10, Cooking 10, Athletics 9
Skill Challenges: Electrician, Plumber, Tinkerer, Celestial Explorer, Marathon Runner, Fitness Nut, Menu Maven

Zara: LAPs 7769, Acclaimed Author, Fast Learner, Opportunistic, Hardly Hungry, Steel Bladder, Teleportation Pad
Wishes: Paint Something Brilliant +575, Master Painting Skill +5750
Skills: Logic 6, Painting 9, Writing 10
Skill Challenges: Speed Writer, Prolific Writer, Mystery Novelist

Brentai: LAPs 11,834, Long-Distance Friend, Hardly Hungry, Above Reproach
Wishes: none -- Brentai has achieved all his wishes!
Skills: Logic 6, Guitar 10, Charisma 8
Skill Challenges: Celebrity, Super Friendly, Master Guitarist

Assets: $268,419
Cash on hand: $4583
Lot Value: $135,336
Investment Total: $128,500
Partnered With: Divisadero Budget Books ($7000), Sharma Day Spa ($15000), Wilsonoff Community Theater ($18,000)
Owns: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner ($24000), Little Corsican Bistro ($37,500), Everfresh Delights Supermarket ($27,000)

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:36 am

...only this new beau isn't as eager to hop into bed with Brentai as her mom was.

Wow, that was a weird sentence to type.

Yeah, it's usually the other way around.

That Clean Slate thing sounds like it'd be more useful after I'm done with my heartbreakin' tour de force, though given the time limit that might just mean more of my exes will show up to my funeral.

Oh, and I totally want to keep on being an aging rock star, of course.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Looks like I shouldn't have any issues capping out Athletics before becoming old and useless, like all retired people.

After aging up, the existential crisis that comes with the realization that all of life is just a slow crawl to death and all accomplishments of any size will be forgotten to ravages of time leads Beat to either put everything into the job to try and milk as much money as possible in a desperate attempt to buy his way out, or start harvesting souls / organs to keep himself going.

Or maybe, like, build a robot to put his brain in.