What a terrible night for a Thing (Thing 6)

Moderator: Friday

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: What a terrible night for a Thing (Thing 6)

Postby Kazz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:29 am

Sorry I haven't been active! I hope the time limit is lenient today!

I am on a shitty laptop right now. It'd take me ages to compile the information I need to hunt down the (hopefully) final Thing on this computer. I'll be back home tomorrow, and then I'll happily bust it out with dual-monitor action.
the best kazz around

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:25 am

Grath

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:27 am

Actually, that's flippant. Rescind.

I'd test Laser or Gahitsu at this point

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 am

Nah, I'm human. I'd be OK with Gahitsu though, her wire test last night was about the most unproductive way it could have been used. Honestly though, as far as Suspicious Behaviour goes I don't really have a read on anyone right now. I mean who knows how long the last Thing(s) has even been a Thing(s)? Which is why I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for Kazz to make his Megaton Post.

Really I'd like to see the wire used on Kazz, at this point. Seems about time.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:46 am

LaserBeing wrote:Nah, I'm human. I'd be OK with Gahitsu though, her wire test last night was about the most unproductive way it could have been used. Honestly though, as far as Suspicious Behaviour goes I don't really have a read on anyone right now. I mean who knows how long the last Thing(s) has even been a Thing(s)? Which is why I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for Kazz to make his Megaton Post.

Really I'd like to see the wire used on Kazz, at this point. Seems about time.

That was my feeling as well. Wire on Kazz.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:17 pm

probably a good decision. whoever's a Thing has been a Thing since yesterday, because the turn got blocked. (sorry for the delay on the big post i promised, it's been stormy up here)

i'll wait for Friday to reveal my secret identity
the best kazz around

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:24 am

Kazz is human.

At this point, you can basically consider the timer set to off, though if it drags out for a super long time, I'll give a 24 hour warning.

Storm knocked out my fucking power.
ImageImageImage

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:19 am

Sorry to hear that, Friday!
the best kazz around

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 am

Okay, here I go. Kazz the Human here to at least put everything we currently know in one place.

From Friday's post
--

5 players stand.

Grath
gahitsu
Kazz
Kayma
LaserBeing

8 players stood.

Newbie - Human
Friend - Human Dynamite
Mothra - Human Dynamite
Frocto - Thing
ocksi - Thing, Doctor
Niku - Thing
Sharkey - Thing
Leaf - Human, was being assimilated

--

We started with 13 players, including 2 flamethrowers and 4 dynamite.

Day 1 starting Thing count was 2.

Currently, 4 Things have been found and killed. As the game has not ended, there have been at least 3 successful turns.

Day 1 starts on Page 1. (Nov. 9)
Wire Held By: Laserbeing
Wire Test Result: Kazz tested Human.
Day Vote Result: Yuri tested Human.

Night 1 deaths: none.

Day 2 starts on Page 3. (Nov. 14)
Wire Held By: Newbie
Wire Test Result: Gahitsu tested Human.
Day Vote Result: Grath tested Human.

Day 2 deaths: Friend killed Newbie (Human).
Night 2 deaths: Friend (Human, had used Dynamite).

Day 3 starts on Page 7. (Nov. 20)
Wire Held By: Sharkey
Wire Test Result: Frocto tested Thing.
Day Vote Result: Kayma tested Human.

Day 3 deaths: Kazz killed Mothra (Human holding Dynamite).
Night 3 deaths: Frocto (Thing).

Day 4 starts on Page 9. (Nov. 26)
Wire Held By: Leaf/Yuri
Wire Test Result: Laserbeing tested Human.
Day Vote Result: Niku tested Thing.

Day 4 deaths: Kayma killed Ocksi (Doctor, turned Thing).
Night 4 deaths: Niku (Thing).

Day 5 starts on Page 11. (Dec. 3)
Wire Held By: gahitsu
Wire Test Result: Sharkey tested Thing.
Day Vote Result: Sharkey.

Day 5 deaths: Sharkey (Thing) by lynch.
Night 5 deaths: Leaf/Yuri (Human, blocked Thing turn).

Day 6 starts on Page 12. (Dec. 9)
Wire Held By: Grath
Wire Test Result: Kazz tested Human.

--

Those Presently Alive Were All Human Once:

Grath - last tested Day 2 (vote).

gahitsu - last tested Day 2 (wire).

Kayma - last tested Day 3 (vote).

LaserBeing - last tested Day 4 (wire).

Kazz - tested today (wire).

--

Assuming a successful turn by the Things on every single night except last night's attempt, there were 4 turns in the game (Nights 1 through 4), which would mean there are 2 Things still in the game. Hopefully the Doctor blocked one before his own turn, which would make it one.

Grath and gahitsu are the likeliest candidates simply based on how long they've gone untested, but I haven't taken anyone's motivations into account yet. God knows a lot more went on than these demented Cliff Notes I spent all this time scrawling.

I can't decide between Frocto, Niku, and Sharkey for the 2 OTs, but there are your candidates.
the best kazz around

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:01 pm

To me it feels like Gahitsu was fairly active up to a certain point, after which her volume trailed off and she began posting very little other than what was strictly necessary (like using the wire). Her more or less wasted use of the wire is kind of suspicious but is also the sort of thing that could have easily been an honest mistake. It feels gross to lynch her for such vague accusations on day 6 but this is the state we've been reduced to. I still want to talk it out more though; this is basically our last chance to influence events before the game state collapses to simple Russian Roulette. We need to avoid mistakes as much as we can, while we can.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

LaserBeing wrote:To me it feels like Gahitsu was fairly active up to a certain point, after which her volume trailed off and she began posting very little other than what was strictly necessary (like using the wire). Her more or less wasted use of the wire is kind of suspicious but is also the sort of thing that could have easily been an honest mistake. It feels gross to lynch her for such vague accusations on day 6 but this is the state we've been reduced to. I still want to talk it out more though; this is basically our last chance to influence events before the game state collapses to simple Russian Roulette. We need to avoid mistakes as much as we can, while we can.

I dunno, it could just be gahitsu checking out over the holidays - I know I got nice and lost on the game during Thanksgiving.

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Yeah, it's also dicey because she could very well be the last flamethrower. I definitely don't want to do anything rash until everyone's been given a chance to defend themselves. We should be careful even about bolding our votes because if there are indeed two Things left, all they need is a single vote to push through a dogpile

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm a confirmed human. I need everybody living to claim to me over private message. Write at least 376 words about why you are not now and have never been a member of the Communist Party.
the best kazz around

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 am

Wish I had more dynamite

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 am

Grath.

I don't think gahitsu is a Thing because she tested a Thing yesterday and I doubt they'd take such a risk so close to victory. Kayma has recently killed a Thing also, but could have been turned since. Laserbeing is either a great innocent or a masterful Thing. I'm clean.

That leaves Grath who has honestly always been a bit fishy! Haven't you?! ADMIT IT LIKE SHARKEY DID you bastard
the best kazz around

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:13 am

Kazz wrote:Grath.

I don't think gahitsu is a Thing because she tested a Thing yesterday and I doubt they'd take such a risk so close to victory. Kayma has recently killed a Thing also, but could have been turned since. Laserbeing is either a great innocent or a masterful Thing. I'm clean.

That leaves Grath who has honestly always been a bit fishy! Haven't you?! ADMIT IT LIKE SHARKEY DID you bastard

LaserBeing wrote:Yeah, it's also dicey because she could very well be the last flamethrower. I definitely don't want to do anything rash until everyone's been given a chance to defend themselves. We should be careful even about bolding our votes because if there are indeed two Things left, all they need is a single vote to push through a dogpile

There haven't been any death messages about flamethrowers. What do you know that we don't, LaserBeing?

gahitsu

Postby gahitsu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah, I travelled clear across to the other side of the country for the holidays, but to be perfectly honest, I have almost no interest in this game. At least we have unlimited time or whatever.

Just tell me who to vote for. Pretty happy to wrap this up and be done.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 pm

gahitsu: vote for Grath, he's insane
the best kazz around

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Grath wrote:
Kazz wrote:Grath.
LaserBeing wrote:Yeah, it's also dicey because she could very well be the last flamethrower. I definitely don't want to do anything rash until everyone's been given a chance to defend themselves. We should be careful even about bolding our votes because if there are indeed two Things left, all they need is a single vote to push through a dogpile

There haven't been any death messages about flamethrowers. What do you know that we don't, LaserBeing?

Are you serious? Considering the fact that there has only been a single burn victim every night for this entire game, even with last night's burn that looked more or less like it was totally random?

Grath

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Mmm. OK. Grath