ANDROID THREAD AND SECRET CLUBHOUSE APPLE USERS AND GIRLS NO

Romosome

ANDROID THREAD AND SECRET CLUBHOUSE APPLE USERS AND GIRLS NO

Postby Romosome » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:13 am

T ALLOWED

WELCOME TO THE MOST INTENSE PRO-ANDROID LOYALTY IDENTITY THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF NERD PISSING-CONTEST BRAND ENTHUSIASM.

DISCUSSION OF APPLE PRODUCTS AND IOS SOFTWARE IS NOT WELCOME HERE!!!!

Android L is amazing and material design looks great, what I don't like about Android L are the parts that are not material design enough

here is a list of good apps I enjoy on my Nexus 5

GAMES
Adventure Bar Story: I'm going to make an entire fucking thread later about this stupid anime RPG cooking game for little girls and grown men that want to be little girls and nobody can stop me
ALL KAIROSOFT GAMES: Not weird or janky enough to actually warrant its own thread probably but every game made by this company plays decently and has the cutest little fucking pixel graphics. Brentai don't play this the graphics will annoy you.
PIXEL DUNGEON:
RETROARCH: It runs every and any emulator you want in a universal environment with global or individual settings for all of them. Touchscreen controls are okay but I got a controller for mine.
WEAPONS THROWING RPG: A cute engrishy title where you battle enemies in real time by throwing axes and swords at them high, medium or low. Good enough for me to keep playing even though it has that stupid energy/AP requirement stuff.
Pixel Dungeon: Graphical roguelike made just for mobile/touchscreen. Simplified but great for pick-me-up-and-play fluffiness.
INGRESS: ARG game you've only heard of if you're a huge nerd, walk around on google maps and capture territory before other huge nerds can claim it, coordinate global efforts with enormous nerds
INFLATION RPG: New Game + over and over again to see how many full digits of levels you can gain before dying or running out of battles. One game is 30 battles. By your second game you'll be killing a level 700 enemy as your first battle at level 1 and skyrocketing ahead in levels and skipping over entire areas. A game about progression metagame.

OTHER STUFF
LIKE EVERY APP GOOGLE MAKES YOU HAVE REMOTELY A USE FOR: Pretty much this stuff is all slick as hell and it all works together really nicely. Google will steal all your personal information just like everyone else but when they're not using it to further some kind of global takeover agenda they're actually DOING USEFUL THINGS WITH IT. It's like I have a stalker who goes through my mail to find out everything about me but then shows up and actually knows all my favorite things and what news I want to see and when I'm going anywhere. I guess the important thing is a phone can't stab you usually???

NETFLIX, YOUTUBE, THAT KIND OF STUFF: Most of these are pretty obvious. Twitch has a decent app. VLC for android lets you watch Outer Heaven on your phone or tablet. Spotify, iHeartRadio, Songza, Pandora, and Google Music don't count against your data if you have tmobile.

BUYCOTT: If you get so pissed off at politics and bullshit that you want to literally not give a single dollar to [INFURIATING ASSHOLES RUINING THE WORLD OF YOUR CHOICE HERE] this app lets you join boycotts of specific causes and companies, and then scanning a barcode will tell you if you hate the people that own that company or not

WIKIPEDIA: It's the official goddamn wikipedia app and it works fine if you don't have it what the fuck are you doing get it

OBENKYO: If you're a huge enough nerd like me to think Japanese stuff is cool and want to learn Japanese this is a great app for it, get a stylus and you can write japanese characters by hand over and over until you can never forget them even if you wanted to late at night

Esperath

Re: ANDROID THREAD AND SECRET CLUBHOUSE APPLE USERS AND GIRL

Postby Esperath » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 am

PLEASE NO POLITICS OR RELIGION, unless it relates directly to motorcycling.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 am

im tired of this forum and its fascist, apple-like censorship

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 am

Did you actually type "Apple" there or...?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 am

I have the filter off and I can assure you he typed it.

sei

Postby sei » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 am

If you're a big weeb and like manga, mango was a pretty nice app for reading it. I believe it was pulled from the play store due to piracy concerns. No updates in years, but still runs, last I checked. If anyone knows of something nice to replace it...

Moon Reader Pro+ is also quite good for reading a variety of formats.

AdAway or AdBlock Plus also seem to do an okay job of dealing with ads, but they have to be handled via proxy setup rather than as a browser extension. And one or both require root. May need to get supersu or some such to deal with permissions, too.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 am

I use Perfect Viewer for all my comics and mangas purposes.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 am

FUCK APPLE

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 am

Also the latest update to Android, Lollipop 5.0, is hilariously, nightmarishly broken. Everything, particularly browsers, crashes constantly.

Really kind of amazing they didn't think to fix any of this before release.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 am

Mothra wrote:Also the latest update to Android, Lollipop 5.0, is hilariously, nightmarishly broken. Everything, particularly browsers, crashes constantly.

Really kind of amazing they didn't think to fix any of this before release.

Yeah, my Nexus 7 had been performing terribad beforehand but Lollipop 5.0 was performing even worse and stuff was crashing a lot. Then it crashed, and bricked itself.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 am

Hooo boy.

Google didn't exactly knock it out of the park on this whole "phone" biz.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 am

AND GIRLS NO

faggot

INFLATION RPG: New Game + over and over again to see how many full digits of levels you can gain before dying or running out of battles. One game is 30 battles. By your second game you'll be killing a level 700 enemy as your first battle at level 1 and skyrocketing ahead in levels and skipping over entire areas. A game about progression metagame.

stop playing cookie clicker you fucking faggot

WEAPONS THROWING RPG: A cute

holy shit romo i stopped reading this description here and you are a faggot casual
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 pm

sei wrote:If you're a big weeb and like manga, mango was a pretty nice app for reading it. I believe it was pulled from the play store due to piracy concerns. No updates in years, but still runs, last I checked. If anyone knows of something nice to replace it...

Best manga app I've found so far. Easy and simple navigation, page saving features, and connects to dozens of scans sites for updates.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 am

Crashes reached Peak Broken yesterday for me, where no browser was able to stay open for more than a few seconds. Pretty appalling this wasn't fixed sooner.

5.0.1 update they rolled out late last night seems to have fixed it.

Already switched over to Firefox.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 pm

I use Cyanogenmod and they haven't released a Lollipop-based version yet. Guess I'll see what the response is once they do.