Jernalism!

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Jernalism!

Postby Mongrel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm

WSJ races to the bottom faster and faster each day. This is a gem: Clinton Bypassed Centrist Taco Bell for Liberal Favorite Chipotle

patito

Postby patito » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Regardless, if Ms. Clinton stays in the race, she may want to eat at a Pizza Ranch at some point. Experian doesn’t collect data the pizza buffet chain, but it has restaurants scattered across the state and was founded in Iowa in the 1980s. The chain has been a campaign stop for presidential candidates ranging from Republican Mike Huckabee to Democrat Howard Dean.

It has been a campaign spot for people who have never won an election!

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Guys remember when Obama used that fancy mustard on his hot dog instead of the regular kind like regular americans use and it cost him dearly! so don't discount the wisdom of this article yet
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:44 pm

wait, wait, I'm getting word that "holy shit no shut the fuck up idiot."

back to you in the studio, Tom.

Thanks Friday and now we go to another breaking story: Are videogames training our youth to be merciless voting liberals? We now go live to a 2 second clip of a youth with a backwards cap on playing a videogame on an Xbox but somehow it's making pac-man sounds
ImageImageImage

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Oh god. This is real.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:07 pm

This reminds me that when I was transiting through Minneapolis, I learned ("Today I learned...") that Fox News has retail outlets. Fucking retail outlets. What.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Though I'm aware that any relatively intelligent person understands that 'Murica is not actually completely populated by idiots and every country has it's fair share of both smart people and wal-mart people, I can understand thinking that america is cripplingly retarded more than i can other countries just based on how fucking stupid our media is
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Holy fuck, this story just keeps on giving. NY Mag: The Press Isn’t Asking Enough Questions About Hillary’s Trip to Chipotle

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:34 am

Did the campaign leave a tip?
It did not.

Does this mean anything?
According to Rush Limbaugh, yes. He said on April 14, "I would like to know if she left anything in the tip jar, because that would be an indication that she understands the average, ordinary, everyman that she seeks to represent."

I have nothing to add here

Was she wearing an invisibility cloak for most of the visit?
No one has asked this question.

what the fuck guys even Hildaberry knows that shit ain't do nothing why you think she got dem Boots of Force

EDIT: new way to tell someone's age instead of asking their birthdate or carding: mention cloak of invisibility and see if they make a joke about Harry Potter or Wizards and Warriors

Is there an acrostic that can help me understand the importance of the Chipotle trip?
Clinton

Hillary

Is

Probably

Obama

Trying to

Lure

Everyday Americans.

I have nothing to add here
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:29 am

If ever there was a great example of Poe's Law, it's that article.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat May 02, 2015 12:16 am

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat May 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Well, the word "pattern" is the part that separates the headline from the lede.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 29, 2015 1:04 pm

io9: I Fooled Millions Into Thinking Chocolate Helps Weight Loss

Take a look at the press release I cooked up. It has everything. In reporter lingo: a sexy lede, a clear nut graf, some punchy quotes, and a kicker. And there’s no need to even read the scientific paper because the key details are already boiled down. I took special care to keep it accurate. Rather than tricking journalists, the goal was to lure them with a completely typical press release about a research paper. (Of course, what’s missing is the number of subjects and the minuscule weight differences between the groups.)

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri May 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Taibbi goes off on Judith Miller's book about how all the bullshit she spewed in the runup to the Iraq War was totally not her fault.

Judith Miller wrote:I was the only reporter with [Major Ryan Cutchin's] then-secret brigade, known as the 75th Exploitation Task Force. The XTF, as it was called, would find only traces of the weapons that the CIA and fifteen other American intelligence agencies had concluded Saddam Hussein was hiding, a nightmarish cache that the soldiers searching for them (and I with them) were convinced existed: remnants of some 500 tons of mustard and nerve gas, 25,000 liters of liquid anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 29,984 prohibited munitions capable of delivering chemical agents, several dozen Scud missiles, and 18 mobile biological weapons vans

The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. Probably at the next gas station.

Judith Miller wrote:—not to mention its ambitious nuclear weapons program, according to US estimates based on United Nations reports of what Iraq had made…

Now, Taibbi ends the quote there, so maybe Miller actually tries to give some half-assed justification to that "nuclear weapons program" line. But the way he describes it, it sounds like she doesn't, like she just adds that "not to mention" aside at the end of the list of completely different, not-at-all nuclear weapons that the XTF thought Saddam had.

Matt Taibbi wrote:It's a sweeping, epic non-apology. Every bad thing Miller has ever been accused of turns out to be wrong or taken out of context, according to her. "I had never peddled WMD to advance the case for war," she writes in one place. "I was not the only Times reporter who had written stories based on prewar intelligence that turned out to be wrong," she writes in another, before going on to lovingly list every other ex-colleague who botched an Iraq story.

I really do not like Judith Miller.

Her book and tour are offensive enough in her single-minded "everybody else's fault but mine" attempts to salvage her career and reputation. But, her sizable ego notwithstanding, this has repercussions far beyond Miller herself. It feeds a pernicious narrative that the Iraq War was an honest mistake that anybody would have made given the information they had. That's not merely self-serving, it's incredibly dangerous.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm

<:)

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:02 pm

He does kind of look amphibious though.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:45 am

It could be an oblique reference to amphibious vehicles, which can operate BOTH in and out of water.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:24 am

The hilarity of one dude's plan to make THE MEDIA WEBSITE for MILLENIALS.

The article is pretty funny given how overall clueless this guy seems.

"You’re not going to see any cat pictures on Ozy.”

The further replies mocking him are great too:

Animal Farm: animals have hopes and dreams too.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:33 pm

I feel like if Fox news is going to lie they should just go full bore and mention the 215k jobs were filled ... BY MEXICANS

Is there an acrostic that can help me understand the importance of the Chipotle trip?
Clinton

Hillary

Is

Probably

Obama

Trying to

Lure

Everyday Americans.

I'm re-quoting this because I want it to be easy to find if anyone ever says to you "I believe human beings are actually pretty rational and logical" and you need counter-evidence
ImageImageImage