Thread for Existential Crisises and Meaningless Problems

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Thread for Existential Crisises and Meaningless Problems

Postby Smiler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Monoprice forgot to put a thing in one of my purchases and I was afraid I was going to have to go through a ton of bullshit to get that other cord I ordered, but support was basically like "Yeah sure dawg we'll send it to you." Luckily it's just a component cable for the wii so I'm not inconvenienced at all.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 am

I'm going to keep using this for meaningless problems, and by meaningless problems I mean my adventures in buying things online.

Last night I decided to order a refurbished 3DS XL from nintendo because I am a cheap bastard, and it turns out Nintendo is still in the dark ages when it comes to online stores. I bought the thing, but they only give out an order number. No emails and no accounts. If I try to check my order number I just get "This order doesn't exist." Now I'm just kind of waiting to see if Nintendo works on saturdays and maybe I can find out if my order actually exists.

Büge

First World Problems

Postby Büge » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:15 pm

The 2014 World Championship Tournament for the Star Wars CCG is going to be here in town this August, but I'm going to be in British Columbia, attending my brother's wedding.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Smiler wrote:it turns out Nintendo is still in the dark ages when it comes to online

You could have stopped right there.

...hey, SOMEBODY was going to say it.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:06 pm

I fixed my problem by calling their support line. Turns out the order just kind of sputtered and died and that's why I didn't get any notification. Guy on the phone placed the order for me and it's all working just fine.

patito

Postby patito » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Some intern lost the Fax with your order before delivering it to the warehouse.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Smiler wrote:I fixed my problem by calling their support line. Turns out the order just kind of sputtered and died and that's why I didn't get any notification. Guy on the phone placed the order for me and it's all working just fine.

Aahhaha nope I just got an email for the order that supposedly didn't exist so now I'm on the phone with a guy who doesn't know how to cancel orders.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 pm

That'll teach you for buying direct, I guess.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 am

So why the hell has Amazon switched to UPS Surepost? I'm not sure why I payed for Amazon Prime anymore if my free two day shipping has turned into regular shipping.

In case you don't know, UPS Surepost is where UPS delivers your package to your local post office, and then a day later you get your package because now it's usps's job to deliver it the extra 20 miles.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm

I wonder what backroom bullshit lead to that deal.

Also, can we please have the filter map "bullshit" to "politics"?

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 pm

"Surepost" is probably the least self-aware name possible.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:20 pm

I preordered Dark Souls 2 and I'm excited to get it 2 days after it releases via Amazon's release day shipping.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Huh. I've actually been getting Amazon packages scary-fast lately -- like, order Friday evening, get by Monday evening fast, which in shipping terms is same-day delivery. I guess it's probably down to how close you are to a warehouse.

I'm pretty deeply ambivalent about it. I like getting my shit quickly but I've heard what those warehouses are like, and my own warehouse-in-Phoenix job had a permanent negative impact on my quality of life.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 am

I've been sick for a few days and today my nose won't stop running. I'm so used to have a stuffy nose when sick, that I forgot how terrible the opposite is.
And all the medicine we have in here are decongestants.

Healy

Postby Healy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Ugh I think all the koi in the pond we have are all dead because the cold weather froze the pond for so goddamn long. And when I tried telling my mom that, she just brushed me off and told me that they were just hibernating. Yeah, they're hibernating on pond's surface. On their sides.

Plus, completely unrelated to all that, I drank too much caffeine today and now I'm a nervous wreck.

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Healy wrote:Ugh I think all the koi in the pond we have are all dead because the cold weather froze the pond for so goddamn long. And when I tried telling my mom that, she just brushed me off and told me that they were just hibernating. Yeah, they're hibernating on pond's surface. On their sides.

Surely some helpful raccoons will give them a good home.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Ironically, a callback to the subject that had too many posts here, but.

I bought an Xbox One controller, figuring I could use it on PC. Because, hey, I use Windows 8.1 and keep everything up to date. And even if I don't, someone has to have drivers for it by now, right?

Nope. There are no drivers. Microsoft has said "Sometime in 2014" which I hope to god means sometime in the next month or two, because this is kind of unacceptable. [softwaredumbass] I mean, come on guys how hard is it to just copy over the 360's xinput? [/softwaredumbass]

I could return it, but it's one of the titanfall ones, and I am a sucker for good art design on a piece of hardware.

Cthulhu-chan

Postby Cthulhu-chan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 am

I'm of the opinion that the titanfall skin on those bone'trollers are gawdawful, but that aside, you dun goofed. General consensus is that it is inferior in every way but the cross button to the 360 controller. Also good luck on ever seeing official drivers, and nobody seems to give enough of a fuck to hack something together like they did for the PS4 xinput wrapper.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 am

Smiler wrote:So why the orange has Amazon switched to UPS Surepost? I'm not sure why I payed for Amazon Prime anymore if my free two day shipping has turned into regular shipping.

In case you don't know, UPS Surepost is where UPS delivers your package to your local post office, and then a day later you get your package because now it's usps's job to deliver it the extra 20 miles.

The best part is when they send you an email saying, "Hey, UPS tried to deliver your package, but you weren't home, so they dropped it off at the post office!"

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm not sure anymore if what I wish for is that I had more friends or if having friends was worth the irritation of dealing with them.