My Life is Awesome and You Can Too

Niku

My Life is Awesome and You Can Too

Postby Niku » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am

Let's good times.

My girlfriend is coming in tomorrow for the weekend, and we decided to do Christmas in January since we couldn't be in the same city last month. She sent her packages ahead of her arriving which prompted me to ask why she didn't just pack them with her stuff when she'd be showing up soon.

Six PDS level packages later, I understand. Including a foot tall Jake from Adventure Time, a five pound bag of gummy bears, Oglaf t-shirts, and enough Disney Infinity swag to choke several children ages 3 and under.

She's a keeper. :allears:

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: My Life is Awesome and You Can Too

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 am

I got a whole pile of toys today, four shipments of minis, including a huge one that I thought I was going to have to pay $35 in customs on, but which sailed on through totally unimpeded. Yay!

Super excited to get painting and gaming.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Met up with an old roommate I haven't seen a long while for, of all things, a Pokemon-themed rave in a town that was like two hours away. I haven't danced that hard, that long, for like two years. It was exhausting and incredibly fun.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 am

I needed all new suits and was planning on going shopping for them next month when my bonus comes in, but I ran into a fire sale today and totally lucked out.

Bought $1300 worth of suits for $417. Not the best suits in the world by any means but nice respectable Italian 100% wool suits with a decent cut and solid stitching. They'll need tailoring, mostly in the pants, but still, yussssss.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:05 am

You can afford a lot of alterations for $883 before you come out in the red.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 am

Well, around here, you gotta be paying like a grand a suit before they throw in free tailoring anyway.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:08 pm

I wouldn't know!

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Man but tailored clothes are fantastic tho. I have consistently maintained that anyone who thinks suits are uncomfortable has just never worn one that fits.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 pm

The coats actually fit REALLY WELL, which is nice and big part of why I snap bought 'em. In fact the only off thing is that the cuffs are maybe a half-inch too long. But I have short arms so I'm used to that, plus that's easy to fix.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:36 am

My ear, which has been mysteriously blocked up for four days (internally, past the eardrum - probably full of fluid), and which was making me think I should go see my doctor tomorrow has just come unplugged again.

I am hoping it stays this way, because it'll sure be nice not to have to go out in -20C + crazywind tomorrow if I don't have to!

Of course, I think I'm coming down with some kind of sinus cold, but this is actually still an improvement over not being able to hear out of one ear and having weird balance issues and freaky shit going on in the sides of my head. It's also a relief because now I know it's probably just something relatively harmless.

Classic

Re: My Life is gnilley and You Can Too

Postby Classic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 am

Don't you have a magical single payer system up there, where your medical bills are reasonable?

Büge

Re: My Life is gnilley and You Can Too

Postby Büge » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 am

Yes we do, but it's still -20 out there.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am

Yeah, I wouldn't have paid a dime, unless you count the bus fare.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Holy crap!

For the first time in four years my insurance renewal was just "Your insurance is renewed at the same price. Thanks." instead of "We are arbitrarily raising your rates 30%+ in spite of your spotless driving record, forcing you to spend weeks looking for a new insurer because fuck this noise".

Cthulhu-chan

Postby Cthulhu-chan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:36 am

I love having USAA. One of the few benefits I got out of my military time.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:27 am

Tonight during D&D a wolf latched on to my characters arm so he (being a big brawler) swung him around in a large circle, killing three of the four wolves surrounding him. The other ran away so he threw a dead wolf sixty feet and hit it in the head, killing it instantly.

He then decided to try this with a group of six kobolds, to similar results.

It was a fun night.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Friday I caught WtNV live and my buddy is one of those people who like leaving right after a live show to beat the crowds (as well as the kind of people who fall asleep during live theatre) so I didn't get a chance to meet and greet the cast or get a poster signed.
We got lost on the way back to the motel so by the time we pulled up, there were very few spots left. My buddy and I parked leaving a spot in between us when who should take the last spot but the voice of Cecil himself, Cecil. The difference between the man on stage and the man off was pretty astounding, let me tell you.
We invited him for beers and pizza and he declined, as it was already his bedtime and he had to be up super early.
Next day I did touristy shit and met up with an old friend from elementary school.

It was a pretty sweet weekend.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Not my own life per se, but some good times.

Three of the dudes from our online MTG group made it into the MODO Championships. Two got pretty solidly knocked out, but the last one (Cory Lack - a solid player but his real strength is in some ace deck brewing) managed to claw his way back from an initial losing steak to make the top four finals today. He made it to the finals before losing.

But he made 17k in prize money for coming in second! Very nice!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 pm

First motorbike ride of sprrrrringinginging.

Or, well, the slight warming that is currently passing for spring.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I spent the last few months feeling like shit.

Grandma died, uncle Robert had an amputation, and to top it all off my work schedule has been non stop since last summer.

Usually we have down time in the fall and spring but not this year. One of the other management members had surgery last fall right after the summer rush, then we went directly into the holidays and now we're running short staffed because another theatre's manager went on maternity leave so we had to give them someone for the spring, all thrown on top of the fact that we've been running one manager short because we cut payroll when we stopped doing film projections at almost the exact same time that we increased our operating hours by about 40 hours a week.

However, I don't post all of this to complain! I can finally see light at the end of that tunnel. We got a new district manager whose first concern is our payroll being too low and us needing a 4 manager team (instead of the 3 we'd been running with).

Robert's recovering well although the fact that he lives 80 miles away means I don't get to see him as much as I'd like.

Lastly, its my birthday tomorrow! I got myself a new cellphone!