Reading this Undertale LP fills you with determination.

nosimpleway

Re: Reading this Undertale LP fills you with determination.

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:54 am

The ACT options for , are Mystify, Hum, Pray, Clean, and Pick On. All options I've seen before, but which ones are effective?

Like the Memoryheads, its dialog is too garbled to be of any use.

As a small mercy, its first turn is harmless to you. Probably less so for the guy getting his face eaten by moths.

Subsequent turns have the moths fly at you, and they hurt like usual.

Alternately, the guy -- sans moths -- throws copies of his head instead. Toby Fox labelled him "Everyman" in a Tweet, but to my knowledge this is the only time he ever appears.

Those moths look awfully familiar. Whimsun and Whimsalot attack with them (inasfar as anything Whimsun does can be called an "attack"). So the ACT command to disable Whimsalot works okay.

And the , body looks a smiiidge like a Final Froggit's, when it pulls its legs up out of the dialog box to attack.

And when it's not spinning its beak around or blinking its eye like a set of jaws (as in the "Hum" screenshot above), its head looks a bit like Astigmatism.

So... it's a combination monster? Three things all fused together? What kind of lab is this?

Once the Reaper Bird is Mystified, Prayed about, and Picked On, it remembers its name and can be let go. Everyman plagues us no more.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 am

One hallway has a thrashing tentacle creature behind a curtain. It moves faster and faster as you approach...!

...but when you open the curtain, nothing is there but the green key.

Whew, a save point. I could really use the HP restooooohhhhh no it grew a face.

Okay! Okay. Okay.

Yaaah! This thing is a lot scarier than Reaper Bird. The options are Hum, Scream, Flex, Unhug, and Cry. And Reaper Bird was dispatched by ACTing out what was effective against its component parts, so what's this thing made of?

Shyren seems a safe bet, given the general shape of this thing's -- Lemon Bread's -- body.

aaaaaahhh just when you think you have something figured out the game still manages to throw a deeply unsettling twist at you.

In addition to the voice of legion pictured above, the entire battle screen transforms into a giant bitey face. You've got less than a second to find the gap in the teeth and get in it.

Its head looks kind of like the top of a Moldbygg, so let's go with that.

yeeeeesh

And... ah, it's Aaron's arm.

Oh god, it's a combination of a monster named after its shyness, a monster that demands its personal space, and a leering winking creep. No wonder it's in its own special hell.

I hope so. I was already beat up when I needed that save point, and Lemon Bread's attacks are hard to avoid.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:18 am

nosimpleway wrote:Image
Whew, a save point. I could really use the HP restooooohhhhh no it grew a face.

triggered

(chrono triggered)
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:35 am

DT... Determination Extraction? Is that what they put... well hell, now that I think about it, the human SOULs Asgore keeps in those jars must have been put through this machine to wring out their innate Determination. And does the shape of that machine look a little familiar to you...?

...yeah, me too.

Entry 15: Seems like this research was a dead end... But at least we got a happy ending out of it...? I sent the SOULS and the vessel back to ASGORE. And I called all of the families and told them everyone's alive. I'll send everyone back tomorrow. :)

I like how the journal-writer who is totally Alphys just kind of glosses over how she's found a way to revive the dead, more or less. Like "well, couldn't break the barrier, so this entire line of research was a bust even though I've got people who were just about dead walking and talking again. Oh well!"

Like, at least celebrate your happy side effect, yes?

Entry 16: no No NO NO NO NO NO

All of the videos you can watch are a blank screen with text boxes printing out in them.

Video 1: Psssst. Gorey, wake up.
Mmm? What is it, dear? ...err, and why do you have that video camera?
Shush! I want to get your reaction. Gorey, dearest. What is my favorite vegetable?
Hmmm... Carrots, right?
No no no! My FAVORITE vegetable is... eda-MOM-e. ...get it???
...go back to bed, dear.
No no!! Not yet! Hee hee hee. Now, if I were a dog, what breed of dog would I be?
Hmmm... I don't know, honey. What kind of dog would you be?
I would be... A MOMERANIAN.
Hohohoho! You sure are excited to have this child. You know, if you keep making jokes like this... One day, you could be... ...a famous MOMedian.
...Well, I am going to bed.
Hey! Come on, Tori! That was funny!
Hahaha, I know. I am just teasing you. Goodnight, dear.
Goodnight, honey.
...Oh dear, perhaps it is too dark in here for the video to come out...

Video 2: Okay, Rtwo, are you ready? Do your creepy face! AHHHHH!! Hee hee hee! Oh! Wait! I had the lens cap on... What!? You're not gonna do it again...?

Video 3: Howdy, Rtwo! Smile for the camera! Ha, this time I got YOU! I left the cap on... ON PURPOSE! Now you're smiling for noooo reason! Hee hee hee! What? Oh yeah, I remember. When we tried to make butterscotch pie for Dad, right? The recipe asked for cups of butter... But we accidentally put in buttercups instead. Yeah! Those flowers got him really sick. I felt so bad. We made Mom really upset. I should have laughed it off, like you did... Um, anyway, where are you going with this? Huh? Turn off the camera...? OK.

Video 4: I... I don't like this idea, Rtwo. Wh... what? N-no, I'm not... ...big kids don't cry. Yeah, you're right. No! I'd never doubt you, Rtwo... Never! Y... yeah! We'll be strong! We'll free everyone. I'll go get the flowers.

Video 5: Rtwo... Can you hear me? We want you to wake up... Rtwo! You have to stay determined! You can't give up... You are the future of humans and monsters...

While I didn't take screenshots of everything that's printed on the Game Over screen, most of it is combinations of lines from this video. So... that's probably important.

Video 5 continues: ...Psst... Rtwo... Please... wake up... I don't like this plan anymore. I... I... ...no, I said... I said I'd never doubt you. Six, right? We just have to get six... And we'll do it together, right?

Entry 4: I've been researching humans to see if I can find any info about their SOULS. I ended up snooping around the castle... And found these weird tapes. I don't feel like ASGORE's watched them... I don't think he should.

Yeah. That's what, his biological son and adopted human son... plotting to take six human souls? To lure humans into the underground, maybe? And the adopted son is Rtwo? I thought that was me? I swear if this is some dumb amnesia plot...

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:55 am

The next room is dark and full of smoke. Anything could be hiding in here! I can hear the blip of a nearby journal screen coming on, but the room is too dark and smoky to read it.

Ah, a ventilation room. That'll help. And I'm sure those floating particles up there are totally harmless.

Yeah. Saw that one coming, I'm afraid. The shambling amalgamate lurches toward you, and there's nowhere to go...

Yyyeah. The thing's got a shapeless body, weird legs, and a hole for a face. The music for Memoryhead, Reaper Bird, and Lemon Bread were all the same, but the Amalgamate has its own tune, inasfar as a reverberating monstrous pant can be considered a tune.

...G... Greater Dog...?

Is this Greatest Dog?

The game's explored just about every other sort of horror short of an animatronic chicken in a bib popping up and biting at the screen, so the "take something charming and familiar and make it incomprehensibly bizarre" works out pretty well here.

Between each action you're attacked by a smaller, Annoying-Dog-shaped-dog with a hole for a face that it uses to fire darts or stingers or something. Alternately, its legs retract and it rockets around trying to ram into you.

Just as with Greater Dog, playing fetch is one of the steps to calming the six-limbed blob that thinks like a dog.

This... gives me an idea...

Just as with the dogs back in Snowdin, the battle can be won by throwing the Stick. I never actually heard the wheezing background ambiance give way to Dogsong, though, so while I doubt this was an oversight in the game it's apparently not the "right" way to do it. I have since read that eating the Hush Puppy will prevent Endogeny from attacking, but won't immediately allow you to Mercy it like the Stick does.

In the Steam sales page for the game, Toby Fox wrote a running gag into the game-feature bullet points, including "At least 5 dogs", "Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?", "I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog", and finally "If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it."

The reason you can't count the dogs in this game is because several of them melted together into a shambling abomination aaaahhhh

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:05 am

Anyway... with the ventilation system on, the room is clear of smoke.

Entry 11: now that mettaton's made it big, he never talks to me anymore. ...except to ask when i'm going to finish his body. but i'm afraid if i finish his body, he won't need me anymore... then we'll never be friends ever again. ...not to mention, every time i try to work on it, i just get really sweaty...

You know, it occurs to me that Alphys doesn't generally speak in all lowercase. Lots of characters have printed tics, with Papyrus and Mettaton talking in ALL CAPS, for instance. But the only characters who do speak in lowercase -- not even capitalizing the first-person "I" -- are Sans and Napstablook. And it doesn't make any sense for either of them to have written these journals. What's the deal?

Entry 19: the families keep calling me to ask when everyone is coming home. what am i supposed to say? i don't even answer the phone anymore.

I expect she has messaging turned off on all her social media, too.

Entry 20: ASGORE left me five messages today.
four about everyone being angry
one about this cute teacup he found that looks like me
thanks asgore.

Entry 21: i spend all my time at the garbage dump now
it's my element

This room is full of refrigerators, either empty or full of mysterious samples. One of the refrigerators shakes erratically, but it'd be hard to tell that's what it was doing even if I managed to get a screenshot of it.

The refrigerator that shakes is not the one that transforms into a smiling monolith

Or the lanky xenomorph-looking slime.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 am

Music: So Cold

It looks... kind of like a Snowdrake... but with Vegetoids for eyes, and... some crucifixion-posed humanoid shape over its face instead of a snowflake... It doesn't say much, it just sort of wheezes sadly.

It attacks like Snowdrake does, with little crescents. But it's in such poor health, whatever the poor thing is, that it can only fire two or three at a time. Lemon Head was vicious. Endogeny was confusing. This one isn't a threat at all.

I... er... ah... um...

Her expression shifting is what I'm afraid of. It looks like she'll melt into a puddle any minute now.

...wait. This amalgamate looks like Snowdrake, and remembers who it is when you tell it a bunch of bad puns about snow and ice.

D:

It's SNOWDRAKE'S MOM

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:42 am

...I haven't found the Yellow Key.

There are no random battles in the True Lab. And I handled all of the Amalgamates. It's just a matter of looking around and trying to find the note that a clue was scrawled on. Turns out "Sheets" in this case is bedsheets, not paper.

Anyway, that's all four locks.

Okay, real talk? This is one of the only times the "hopelessly outnumbered by mooks" trick has ever worked on me. Because while the Amalgamates are confused or misunderstood, reaching out to them until they calm down is time-consuming and their attacks -- save for Snowdrake's mom's -- are hard to avoid. Actually having to stare down a large group of them is legit scary.

Alphys? Where the hell have you been?

Anyway, she shoos the Amalgamates off.

Image: They get kind of sassy when they don't get fed on time. I think they smelled the potato chips you had, and... Anyway!

Image: The power went out, and I've been trying to turn it back on! But it seems like you were one step ahead of me. This was probably just a big inconvenience for you...

Yes, a big, creepy, terrible, scary, confusing, sad, horrible inconvenience.

Image: B-but I appreciate that you came here to back me up! As I said, I was afraid I might... not come back... But it's not because of these guys or anything! I was just worried I would be too afraid... To tell the truth... That I might run away, or do something...

Image: Cowardly.

Image: Uh... I... I suppose I owe you an explanation. As you probably know, ASGORE asked me to study the nature of SOULs. During my research, I isolated a power I called "determination". I injected it into dying monsters so their SOULs would last after death. But the experiment failed. You see, unlike humans', monsters' bodies don't have enough physical matter to take those concentrations of "determination". Their bodies started to melt, and lost what physicality they had. Pretty soon, all of the test subjects had melted together into... Those. Seeing them like this, I knew... I couldn't tell their families about it.
I couldn't tell anyone about it. No matter how much everyone was asking me. And I was too afraid to do any more work, knowing everything I'd done so far had been such a horrific failure.

Image: ...but now. Now, I've changed my mind about all this. I'm going to tell everyone what I've done. ...It's going to be hard. Being honest... Believing in myself... I'm sure there will be times where I'll struggle. I'm sure there will be times where I screw up again. But knowing, deep down, that I have friends to fall back on...
I know it'll be a lot easier to stand on my own. Thank you.

Exeunt all.

With the power back on, the monitors show smiling faces instead of static.

Entry 8: I've chosen a candidate. I haven't told ASGORE yet, because I want to surprise him with it... In the center of his garden, there's something special. The first golden flower, that grew before all the others. The flower from the outside world. It appeared just before the queen left. I wonder... What happens when something without a SOUL gains the will to live?

Entry 18: the flower's gone.

Yeah. You might write yourself off as struggling for redemption, but even if we're willing to overlook that Alphys accidentally created the Amalgamates and then hid from everyone except social media (where she yammered on constantly and endlessly), let's not overlook: she also created Flowey, and therefore the entire mess we're in. Boy, I was annoyed when I was getting harassed by Mettaton (back before the reveal that that whole scenario was an ego-boosting ruse, let's not forget that either) because Alphys created him. Ha ha! Tip of the iceberg!

I still don't like Alphys.

As I return to the elevator I passed by on the way to the power station -- not the one that crashed on the way in, that one's useless now -- I get another phonecall.

Caller: Rtwo... Are you there? It's been a long time, hasn't it...? But you've done well. Thanks to you, everything has fallen into place. Rtwo... See you soon.

Look man, after the True Lab, it's gonna be hard to creep me out any more.

Somehow I emerge from an elevator whose door is choked with vines. But this elevator leads to New Home, judging from the monotone, so it's where I was headed anyway.

François

Postby François » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:38 pm

When I first read that this game had a pacifist run thing going on, I immediately figured it'd be some sappy stuff all with flowers and unicorns and rainbows.

Well, there are still flowers I guess.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I don't know if I missed a monitor or if I need to do another pacifist run to unlock the room they're in or what, but I realize that journal entries four and seventeen are both missing. :mystery:

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Alphys is a hard to like character because she is a complete fuck up and also the epitome of an annoying, hyperactive nerd.

That said, I appreciate (and like) her anyway. I found her adorable. Even when she was interrupting my puzzles with phone calls. I think she's well written as a person who really feels really strongly about stuff and has trouble communicating with other people. Basically she's the Barclay character from TNG, though I mean she's not as good as Barclay because nobody is as good as Barclay. But she is totally the type of character to make holo-copies of all of her friends and make out with Holo-Undyne because she's too socially crippled to ever talk to the real Undyne.

When I first read that this game had a pacifist run thing going on, I immediately figured it'd be some sappy stuff all with flowers and unicorns and rainbows.

Well, there are still flowers I guess.

Yeah true pacifist has some of the worst shit in it. It does get happy and butterflies, finally, but after two playthroughs and the true lab, you feel like you earned it.

I realize that journal entries four and seventeen are both missing. :mystery:

Don't know about 4, but 17 is addressed.

Hint: Beware the man who speaks in hands.
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Entry #4 was:

ENTRY NUMBER 4: I've been researching humans to see if I can find any info about their SOULS. I ended up snooping around the castle... And found these weird tapes. I don't feel like ASGORE's watched them... I don't think he should.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:53 pm

Oh, so it was. I just missed it when I was compiling the list to make sure I got them all. Ha ha! Irony.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:22 pm

If there are any changes to New Home, other than the monsters not filling you in on the backstory of the royal children, I haven't noticed them.

Only I'm gonna go ahead and post this one anyway, since given monster funeral rites, it's really the Undertale version of "Baby shoes for sale, never worn".

Whew.

Sans isn't hanging around in the final corridor to render moral judgment.

Asgore's speech on the way in remains the same.

But after he tells you it's good to meet you and gets ready to whip out his overcompensation trident and smash the MERCY option out of the menu, he's instead knocked offscreen by a blast of fire.

This all seems very familiar to me somehow.

Music: Fallen Down: Reprise

Image: Do not be afraid, my child. It is I, TORIEL, your friend and guardian. At first, I thought I would let you make your journey alone... But I could not stop worrying about you. Your adventure must have been so treacherous. ...and ultimately, it would burden you with a horrible choice. To leave this place, you would have to take the life of another person. You would have to defeat ASGORE. However... I realized... I cannot allow that. It is not right to sacrifice someone simply to let someone leave here.

Um. That's been royal policy for ages, as I understand things.

Image: Is that not what I have been trying to prevent this whole time?

Is it?

Image: So, for now, let us suspend this battle. As terrible as ASGORE is, he deserves mercy, too.

Image: Do not "Tori" me, Dreemurr! You pathetic whelp. If you really wanted to free our kind... You could have got through the barrier after you got ONE SOUL, taken six SOULs from the humans, then come back and freed everyone peacefully.

Well, if by "peacefully" you mean... uh, what you just said...

Image: But instead, you made everyone live in despair... Because you would rather wait here, meekly hoping another human never comes.

Image: ... ...Tori... You're right... I am a miserable creature... ...but, do you think we can at least be friends again?

Image: (Sigh.) NO, Asgore.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Asgore only makes that face for this scene, when his ex-wife flatly turns down his offer of a continued platonic relationship.

Image: Nobody fight each other!!! Everyone's gonna make friends, or else I'll...!! I'll... ...

Image: Hello. I am TORIEL. Are you the human's friend? It is nice to meet you.

Image: Uh, yeah...? Nice to meet you!

Image: Hey ASGORE, is that your ex? Jeez. That's rough, buddy.

So Toriel left Asgore before Undyne ever showed up. Undyne has heard of her, but never met her. The timeline of events is always left somewhat nebulous, but that's... a detail. That exists.

Image: Nobody hurt each other! ... ...

Image: Oh! Are you another friend? I am TORIEL. Hello!

Image: Uh, h-h-hi!

Image: (THERE'S TWO OF THEM???)

Image: IF ANYONE FIGHTS ANYONE...! THEN I'LL!!! BE FORCED!!! TO ASK UNDYNE FOR HELP!!!

Image: Hello!

Image: OH! HELLO, YOUR MAJESTY!

Image: PSST! HEY, HUMAN... DID ASGORE SHAVE...? AND... CLONE HIMSELF????

Everyone else storms in demanding that I stop battling Asgore immediately. Sans, of course, wanders in with a shrug and "Hey guys what's up in this thread"

Image: That voice...!!

Image: Hello. I think we may know each other?

Image: oh hey... i recognize your voice, too.

Image: I am TORIEL. So nice to meet you.

Image: the name's sans. and, uh, same.

Image: Oh! Wait, then...! This must be your brother, Papyrus! Greetings, Papyrus! It is so nice to finally meet you! Your brother has told me so much about you.

Image: WOWIE... I CAN'T BELIEVE ASGORE'S CLONE KNOWS WHO I AM!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

Image: Hey, Papyrus... What does a skeleton tile his roof with?

Image: HMMM... SNOW-PROOF ROOF TILES???

Image: No, silly! A skeleton tiles his roof with... SHIN-gles!!!

Image: I CHANGED MY MIND!!! THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

Sans and Toriel simply share a satisfied look.

Image: Come on, ASGORE! It's gonna be OK! There are plenty of fish in the sea...

Image: Y-yeah, ASGORE!! Undyne's totally right about that fish thing! S-sometimes you've just got to, uh... S-stop going after furry boss monsters and, uh... J-just get to know a really cute fish...?

Image: ...It's a metaphor.

Image: Well. I think it's a good analogy.

Image: WILL YOU TWO JUST SMOOCH ALREADY!? THE AUDIENCE IS DYING FOR SOME ROMANTIC ACTION!!!

Image: HEY, SHUT UP!!! Man, the nerve of that guy! Right, Alphys!?? ... Uh, Alphys?

Image: ... No. He's right. LET'S DO IT.

Image: ?????????????? Well??? Uh??? I guess??? If you want to??? Then?????

Image: Don't hold anything back!!!

The only hetero romantic relationship in the game is defunct and dysfunctional. The blossoming relationship is between a gay fish and a gay dinosaur. Those damned Ess Jay Doubleyews are ruining videogames!

Image: Not in front of the human!

Whoops. Clam-jammed by goat mom.

nosimpleway wrote:Image
waamp waaamp waaaahhhhhh

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Everyone slides around without walking animations. After Toriel, each character is introduced by sliding into the bottom-right corner, then they slide up toward Asgore to make room for the next addition. The exception is Sans, who came in on the bottom-left instead, since Papyrus was still bottom-right at the time.

By the time Toriel breaks up Undyne and Alphys smooching, almost everyone is in position for the group shot. Papyrus slides from the bottom-right corner where he'd been standing, but Sans... Sans slides off the left side of the screen, then floats down from the top to take his place between Toriel and Alphys.

Even when he's only going a couple of feet, he takes a shortcut.

Image: But looking at all the great friends you have made... I think... I think you will be happy here.

Image: H-hey, that reminds me. Papyrus... YOU called everyone here, right? Well, besides, uh, her. Uh, anyway, if I got here before you, how did you know how to call everybody?

Image: LET'S JUST SAY... A TINY FLOWER HELPED ME.

Image: A tiny... flower?

Music: You Idiot

Image: While you guys were having your little pow-wow... I took the human SOULs! And now, not only are THOSE under my power... But all of your FRIENDS' SOULS are gonna be mine, too!

Whoops. Turns out Alphys's plan as we read about in the True Lab has a downside. By making a nonhuman, nonmonster vessel to absorb souls, it turns out that it can absorb the souls of both humans and monsters. Only that's not a downside, that's the entire stated purpose.

Alphys is to blame for everything.

Image: Hee hee hee. And you know what the best part is? It's all your fault.

No, it's Alphys's fault. I just said.

Image: It's all because you MADE THEM love you.
All the time you spent listening to them... Encouraging them... Caring about them... Without that, they wouldn't have come here. And now, with their souls and the humans' together... I will achieve my REAL FORM.

Well, I'm kind of glad Photoshop Flowey isn't your true form. Shit was creepy as hell.

Image: Hee hee hee. Huh? WHY am I still doing this? Don't you get it? This is all just a GAME. If you leave the underground satisfied, you'll "win" the game. If you "win", you won't want to "play" with me anymore. And what would I do then?

Flowey and the fourth wall have never been friends. Man, what if all video game characters just sit around, lonely and bored, when you stop the game they're in? There's still a little kid running from his homicidal mom, trapped in his basement. There's still an explorer, who's died hundreds of times already, who will never escape Olmec's ruin complex. Poor Stanley, snared in corporate office hell with a narrator who hates him. And that's just my Steam library, not the three decades of games I've been playing in my life.

Hell, I like city- and nation-building games. Thousands, millions, billions of tiny metanarratives, all trapped in limbo, because their game ended.

And I document them, in threads like this one. Truly, I am a monster.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:47 pm

The only way to win....is not to play.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:57 am

nosimpleway wrote:Image: Hey ASGORE, is that your ex? Jeez. That's rough, buddy.

Well, my girlfriend turned into the moon.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Image: But this game between us will NEVER end. I'll hold victory in front of you, just within your reach... And then tear it away just before you grasp it. Over, and over, and over... Hee hee hee.

I dunno man, there are plenty of games out there that I've never finished because I can't make any more progress. Eventually I'd just stop playing this one too. The flaw in your plan is that I eventually get bored with stuff.

Image: Listen. If you DO defeat me, I'll give you your "happy ending".

...you'll what now?

Oh. Sorry. Maybe that's a poor choice of words.

Image: I'll bring your friends back. I'll destroy the barrier. Everyone will finally be satisfied.

Image: But that WON'T happen. You...! I'll keep you here no matter what!

Flowey starts his favorite trick, the Inescapable Ring of friendship pellets bullets. Only the SOUL is trapped in a box almost too small for it, so it's mostly a formality of habit.

While everyone else (but Sans) slides around to get where they need to be, Flowey dives into the ground and pops back up.

I'm pelted down to 1 HP, and the last ring of bullets close in...

Only to be deflected by a ring of flames. Honestly, you'd think Flowey would have learned by now.

Image: What?

Image: Do not be afraid, my child... No matter what happens, we will always be there to protect you!

Music: Don't Give Up

The next storm of bullets are deflected by a bone and a spear.

Image: THAT'S RIGHT, HUMAN! YOU CAN WIN!! JUST DO WHAT I WOULD DO... BELIEVE IN YOU!!

Image: Hey! Human! If you got past ME, you can do ANYTHING! So don't worry! We're with you all the way!

Image: huh? you haven't beaten this guy yet? come on, this weirdo's got nothin' on you.

Flames again, then... lightning bolts?

Image: Technically, it's impossible for you to beat him... B-but... Somehow, I know you can do it!

Image: Human, for the future of humans and monsters...! You have to stay determined...!

Oh, yeah, it's easy to forget that Alphys has the usual monster-innate magic, too, since this is the first time she's ever used it. And this is the first time Asgore has said or done anything since Toriel shot him down, so it was easy to forget about him, too.

Snowdrake, Shyren, Vulkin, Monster Kid -- in a not-yet-seen in-battle sprite -- Muffet, Royal Guard 01, Froggit, and Greater Dog all crowd in to show their support.

Image: Urrrgh... NO! Unbelievable! This can't be happening! You... YOU...!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:42 pm

The screen goes white as everyone is thrashed around by Flowey. It gets louder and louder and brighter and brighter, until...

The monster moves its head, then experimentally flexes its fingers.

Image: I was so tired of being a flower.

Image: Howdy! Rtwo, are you there? It's me, your best friend.

...would this be a bad time to point out that "ASRIEL DREEMURR" is an anagram for "SERIAL MURDERER"?