Reading this Undertale LP fills you with determination.

beatbandito

Re: Reading this Undertale LP fills you with determination.

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:34 pm

This is becoming a way better LP somehow and I have already seen some variables I didn't know of before.

I forgot the true power of an R^2 LP was grinding beyond human capacity.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:19 am

Flowey is still keeping a low profile as you play, despite his threat that he's always lurking and waiting to fuck things up.

Found another one. I don't normally check every background object just in case, so it's not like I've been looking.

Papyrus's battle actions are different if you don't flirt with him at any point during the fight. He uses his Blue Attack as soon as you Mercy him, and from there it's just a matter of waiting until he exhausts himself with his super cool normal attack. You can win without using any option in the ACT menu at all.

I don't intend to do it again, but in dicking around with the game save file I gave myself the Temmie Armor. If you do that before Waterfall, Papyrus will call in with an Easter Egg you're not likely to understand unless you've been following Toby Fox's previous work.

Shyren's CHECK option changes once you start humming at her.

So... now we know which keyword has priority.

Sans is actually getting bored with passing judgment on these partial-murder runs.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:29 am

Flowey's still keeping a low profile for some reason, so Asgore has enough time to realize his dream of settling down with Toriel and the eighth child is just a fantasy. So he has a new job: take his SOUL, travel out of the underground, and find a way to free the rest of monsterkind.

After he suicides...

Flowey pops back up to deny us any closure, as he threatened.

So in this run, I spared Toriel and saved Undyne. And most of the text in this one is the same. Nobody likes the idea of being nice to humans...

Image: because of you, not only was the king gone... but the human souls had gone missing as well... along with the life of undyne, their greatest hero. nobody wanted to see that happen ever again. so the people started a rebellion to overthrow the queen. but, she, uh, pretty much gave up peacefully when she realized. so she went back to the ruins. the underground's basically an uneasy anarchy now. everyone's trying to live life like they always have... but it's not really easy, you know? when all of your hope has pretty much been thrown away... but hey! it's not so bad! she's not so lonely anymore.

Sans goes on to explain that he and Papyrus go and visit Toriel, just as they did when Undyne deposed Toriel herself. So... very little was accomplished!

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:12 am

The best ending is the one where the robot takes over and rules with an iron fist.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 pm

IIRC, there are a couple of choices which permanently alter the game no matter how many times you reset it. The main two are killing Flowey and/or a full-on genocide run. The only way to rescind those actions is to actually manually edit/delete the requisite game file in the game folders AND the Steam cache.

Completing a Genocide Run will also leave you in nightmare ending land forever, no matter how you try to reset it - unless you actually file edit, as mentioned above. So like dirty scum I will just read about it to sate my curiosity. True Hard Mode is too hard for me! Though I really appreciate that True Hard Mode aka Genocide Run is essentially a massive troll job of video game completionists.

But the saddest thing is that you can never save Asriel, barring perhaps some ridiculous hyper-secret the collective power of the internet has yet to figure out. Even the supposed happiest ending is really just sort of good-as-you're-gonna-get while you try to forget the fact that the game's most innocent character is a martyr who was cruelly manipulated by the most evil character in game (no, not flowey... Chara), suffers the most and is condemned to continue to suffer forever. Sure, he turned into a horrible monster, but that's kind the result of a legit affliction and not really his fault - when he does have a soul again for awhile he can't be even remotely bad. And before you say "He can't feel anything as Flowey.", I'll point out that the game definitely shows Flowey is capable of feeling negative emotions - Anger, Sadness, Despair.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 pm

There's actually only one permanent choice in completing a genocide run. Even Flowey's memory is wiped after a true reset once you get the pacifist ending.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Ah that's good. I figure at some point I'll want to play it again (I almost want to do it again right away!), even if it's just Neutral -> True Pacifist as I did this time.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:47 am

beatbandito wrote:I forgot the true power of an R^2 LP was grinding beyond human capacity.

Ha ha, that's funny. So anyway, after you finish your date/hangout with Papyrus, you get his cell number. Nearly every room in the game has some commentary from him about the situation you're in. And then when you call back, he often says something else.

I'm not copying in his facial expressions, because holy god this took long enough to transcribe as it is.

I didn't get every room, I don't think. Oh well.

---

Sans's Station, Snowdin
Papyrus: THIS IS WHERE MY BROTHER IS SUPPOSED TO PATROL... BUT, EVERY TIME I SHOW UP, HE'S SLACKING OFF. IT'S A GOOD THING I SPOTTED YOU FIRST! I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE MADE A WEIRD FIRST IMPRESSION.

Call back
Papyrus: IF HE'S NOT AROUND, HE WON'T COME BACK... THAT'S JUST THE WAY HE FUNCTIONS.

---

Dimensional Box
Papyrus: WHAT??? ARE YOU LOST??? HMMM... YOU SHOULD TRY CALLING SOMEONE FOR HELP!

Call back
Papyrus: HUH??? WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME??

---

Fishing Rod
Papyrus: IT'S TOO COLD TO SWIM IN THE RIVER. UNLESS YOU HAVE A WATERPROOF SWEATER!

Call back
Papyrus: IT'S JUST A RIVER.

---

Papyrus's Station
Papyrus: NYEH HEH HEH!! IMPRESSED!?! NOT ONLY AM I GREAT WITH PUZZLES... BUT I'M ALSO AN ESTEEMED ARCHITECT!!!

Call back
Papyrus: MY BROTHER HELPED ME FIND THE BOX!

---

Doggo's Station
Papyrus: THE STATION OF DOGGO. HE HAS THE AMAZING POWER TO SEE THINGS WHEN THEY MOVE. OKAY, MAYBE IT'S NOT AN AMAZING POWER.

Call back
Papyrus: DOGGO'S NOT HOME.

---

Icy path
Papyrus: CAREFUL! THE ICE IS SLIPPERY. BUT IF YOU SLIDE ON THE ICE, NO ONE WILL ATTACK YOU. NO ONE WANTS TO PRATFALL DURING A COOL TECHNIQUE.

Call back
Papyrus: I'M COLD OUT OF THINGS TO SAY.

---

Snowman
Papyrus: IT MUST BE TOUGH BEING A SNOWMAN. TRY TO BE NICE TO PEOPLE MADE OF STRANGE MATERIALS.

Call back
Papyrus: IS THAT SNOWMAN STILL THERE?

---

Electric Maze room
Papyrus: OH HO! THE ELECTRIC MAZE! THAT SURE WAS FUN! EXCEPT FOR WHEN I GOT SHOCKED.

Call back
Papyrus: DISAPPOINTING, BUT I TURNED OFF THE ELECTRICITY.

---

The Nice Cream Man is gone
Papyrus: THE FAMOUS SNOWDIN SNOWBALL GAME. FASTER COMPLETION GIVES DIFFERENT PRIZES. WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM? THE SNOWBALL TAX, OF COURSE!

Call back
Papyrus: WHAT? YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF A SNOWBALL TAX? THE SURFACE WORLD MUST BE PARADISE...

---

Dogamy and Dogaressa's Station
Papyrus: THE STATION OF THE MARRIED DOGS... HMMM. DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT DOING THAT SOMEDAY? MARRYING A DOG? NAH... THAT'S WEIRD. THERE ARE WAY BETTER ANIMALS TO MARRY.

Call back
Papyrus: LIKE SKELETONS!!!

---

Sans's Puzzle
Papyrus: HMM... CROSSWORD. I GUESS IT'S AN APT NAME. THOSE WORDS MAKE ME CROSS!!!

Call back
Papyrus: ARE YOU STILL LOOKING AT THAT WORD SEARCH?

---

Mid-Snowdin mousehole
Papyrus: AH, THE SPAGHETTI TRAP ROOM... WELL, I GUESS IT'S NOT MUCH OF A TRAP ANYMORE... SINCE YOU ATE THE WHOLE THING, RIGHT!?

Call back
Papyrus: NOTHING LIKE A HOT BUCKET OF SPAGH...

---

The Screen With All The Dogs
Papyrus: THIS ROOM IS NORMALLY BLOCKED BY THOSE SPIKES. BUT WE'RE THINKING OF GETTING RID OF THEM... THE KING RELEASED A MANDATE ON PUZZLES RECENTLY. HE THINKS SPIKES ARE INEFFECTIVE AND HAZARDOUS TO KIDS. BUT I THINK HE'S WRONG. KIDS LOVE DEADLY SPIKES!!!

Call back
Papyrus: IF YOU KNOW ANY KIDS, YOU SHOULD ASK THEM!!!

---

Introduction to Spike Puzzles
Papyrus: HMMM... THE SOLUTION TO THIS ONE...? I ACTUALLY JUST STEPPED OVER THE SPIKES. SO THE SOLUTION IS TO BE VERY TALL AND HANDSOME.

Call back
Papyrus: I'M SOLVING IT AS WE SPEAK...

---

There's a switch on the tree
Papyrus: OH-HO!!! THIS PUZZLE! YOU FIGURED IT OUT SO EASILY!! THAT WAS VERY PAPYRUS OF YOU.

Call back
Papyrus: TALKING ON THE PHONE... HOW PAPYRUS OF YOU.

---

Colored tile maze
Papyrus: OH-HO!!! THE PUZZLE THAT DR. ALPHYS MADE! I HAD TO ASK UNDYNE TO ASK HER TO MAKE ONE. I ONLY FOLLOWER HER ONLINE... I'M NOT REALLY FRIENDS WITH HER... YET!!! SOMEDAY I'LL IMPRESS HER WITH MY HUGE BICEPS...

Call back
Papyrus: THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO MAKE FRIENDS!

---

Lesser Dog's snow sculptures
Papyrus: THE STATION OF LESSERDOG. THIS DOG LOVES TO BE PET. THAT'S ITS DEFINING PERSONALITY TRAIT. WAIT, WHY ARE THEY A ROYAL GUARD AND NOT ME!? I LOVE TO BE PET TOO!!!

Call back
Papyrus: SIGH... IT'S ALL JUST A PUPULARITY CONTEST.

---

Snow Sculpture Papyrus and Snow Lump Sans
Papyrus: WE WERE GETTING BORED WAITING FOR YOU... SO I BUILT A SNOW-PAPYRUS! AND SANS... DID HIS THING.

Call back
Papyrus: ACTUALLY, IT'S ONE OF HIS BETTER LUMPS.

---

Sliding Puzzle
Papyrus: I ALWAYS JUMP OVER THE GAP INSTEAD OF SOLVING THE PUZZLE. SANS NEVER SOLVES IT EITHER. HE ALWAYS JUST... UM... GETS ACROSS.

---

Gyftrot's Lair
Papyrus: GIFTROT LIVES NEAR THERE. THEY LIKE GIFTS. DON'T WORRY IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD SOMETHING NICE. IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS. SO IMAGINE YOU HAVE A LOT OF MONEY...

Call back
Papyrus: DID YOU MEET GYFTROT?

---

Outside that door I can't open
Papyrus: MY SIGNAL IS GETTING WEAK. LOOKS LIKE THE PHONE WON'T WORK PAST HERE. SO THERE'S NO REASON TO GO FURTHER.

Sure enough, the room with the sealed door gives a message that there's no response.

---

Snow poff field
Papyrus: THE STATION OF GREATERDOG. HE LOOKS A BIT LIKE A CERTAIN DOG I DON'T LIKE. BUT GREATERDOG DOESN'T COLLECT ANYTHING. HE'S ONLY A KLEPTOMANIAC FOR AFFECTION!

Call back
Papyrus: HE'S AMASSED A LARGE COLLECTION OF HUGS AND PETS.

---

Gauntlet of Deadly Terror
Papyrus: THIS BRIDGE LOOKS DANGEROUS, BUT IT'S VERY STABLE. IN FACT, IT'S JUST A ROCK FORMATION I PAINTED OVER. I THINK IT LOOKS MORE DRAMATIC THAT WAY.

Call back
Papyrus: I ADDED THE ROPE, TOO.

---

Snowdin Town
Papyrus: SNOWDIN... HOME OF PAPYRUS! THAT'S THE SLOGAN, RIGHT???

Call back
Papyrus: I'M PETITIONING TO CHANGE THE SLOGAN.

---

Snowed Inn
Papyrus: THE INN'S A GREAT PLACE TO STAY. THE LADY WHO RUNS IT IS REALLY NICE. SHE ALWAYS GIVES ME A LOLLIPOP AND A PAT ON THE HEAD.

Call back
Papyrus: WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A RESERVATION???

---

Grillby's
Papyrus: GRILLBY'S... IT'S DARK, AND FULL OF GREASE. PURGATORY OF FRIES... HAMBURGER ABYSS... ANYWAY, MY BROTHER PRACTICALLY LIVES HERE.

Call back
Papyrus: I'M NOT COMING TO GRILLBY'S.

---

North Snowdin
Papyrus: THAT FURRY PERSON THROWS ICE ALL DAY. NOBODY KNOWS WHERE IT GOES.

Call back
Papyrus: HYPNOTIZING, ISN'T IT???

---

Riverperson's Dropoff, Snowdin
Papyrus: Hello! Can I speak to G... ...Wait a second. Is this the wrong number?

Given that he's speaking in lowercase and that the text doesn't wrap correctly, and how this didn't have a portrait the first time, I'm willing to believe it's just a glitch, the game getting confused by how much I've been on the phone up to this point.

---

Librarby
Papyrus: I LOVE THE LIBRARY. THE BOOKS ARE ALL ARRANGED BY COLOR. THIS SENSE OF ORDER!!! IT FILLS ME WITH POWER!

Call back
Papyrus: WHAT'S A LIBRARY CARD?

---

Papyrus's and Sans's house
Papyrus: YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE. GOOD CHOICE! THOUGH I GUESS IT'S TECHNICALLY SANS'S HOUSE TOO. BUT I PREFER NOT TO DISCUSS HIS PART OF IT. HIS ROOM IS... IT'S LIKE ANOTHER WORLD! A WORLD WHERE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO VACUUM.

Call back
Papyrus: YOU'RE BEST STAYING AWAY FROM THAT STRANGE PLACE.

---

Papyrus's Bedroom
Papyrus: WHAT? I THOUGHT YOU HAD GOTTEN OUT OF MY ROOM. WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO START OVER FROM SQUARE ONE! FIRST: DO YOU KNOW WHO PAPYRUS IS!?

Call back
Papyrus: DO I KNOW WHO PAPYRUS IS!?

-----

Snowy/Misty/Foggy path
Papyrus: THIS IS WHERE I TRIED TO CAPTURE YOU! WHAT A TERRIBLE MEMORY!

Call back
Papyrus: ...

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:51 am

Waterfall Path
Papyrus: WATERFALL... I BARELY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. BUT I'LL DO MY BEST TO INFORM YOU!!!

Call back
Papyrus: UH, I DON'T HAVE ANY FACTS ABOUT THIS ROOM.

---

Sans's Station, Waterfall
Papyrus: MY BROTHER HAS A STATION HERE. YES, HE MANS TWO STATIONS AT ONCE. AMAZING, ISN'T HE? HE SLACKS OFF TWICE AS MUCH AS NORMAL!!

Call back
Papyrus: NORMAL FOLKS CAN ONLY DREAM OF SUCH SLOTH...

---

Rockslide room
Papyrus: ROCKS? IT MUST BE ONE OF UNDYNE'S INGENIOUS PUZZLES. YOU'D BETTER BE CAREFUL!!!

Call back
Papyrus: BE WARY OF ROCKS.

---

Undyne's Introduction
Papyrus: YOU REALLY DIDN'T SEE IT! I LOVE THAT FACT, AND REPEATING IT!

Call back
Papyrus: YOU REALLY DIDN'T SEE IT!

---

Bridge Blossom introduction
Papyrus: A BRIDGE GROWS IF YOU ALIGN FOUR BRIDGE SEEDS. BUT THAT'S SORT OF LIMITED IN USEFULNESS. WHY DON'T WE HAVE AIRPLANE SEEDS???

Because airplanes in the underground don't allow passengers; they just gripe about how they d-don't LIKE you or anything.

Call back
Papyrus: OR, PHONES THAT CAN TURN INTO JETPACKS???

Now that's a practical and useful idea.

---

Bridge Blossom puzzle
Papyrus: ...HMMM... THIS PUZZLE... I'VE GOT IT!!! TRY TO BUILD A BRIDGE WITH THE BRIDGE SEEDS!!

Call back
Papyrus: I'M HELPING.

---

Abandoned quiche
Papyrus: WHAT'S BETTER THAN A BENCHFUL OF QUICHE?

---

Wishing Room
Papyrus: THE WISHING ROOM. DO YOU HAVE A WISH...? NYEH HEH HEH!! I HAVE ONE!!! I WISH I WAS TALKING TO MY COOL FRIEND!!! LOOK!!! IT'S COMING TRUE!

Call back: WHAT WILL YOU WISH FOR?

---

History Archive
Papyrus: THERE ARE MANY ANCIENT PLAQUES HERE. WATERFALL IS PRACTICALLY A HISTORY MUSEUM. EXCEPT WITH MUSCULAR SEAHORSES.

Call back: HI?

---

Tall grass
Papyrus: WATCH YOUR STEP! UNDYNE REALLY CARES ABOUT THIS GRASS FOR SOME REASON.

Call back: ARE YOU WATCHING?

---

Undyne Threw Spears Here
Papyrus: ANOTHER HARMLESS AND VERY SAFE CORRIDOR... ALL THANKS TO ME!!! NYEH HEH HEH!!

---

Mid-Waterfall mousehole
Papyrus: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TABLES LYING AROUND HERE?

---

Waterfall junction
Papyrus: HUH? MY BROTHER? OF COURSE HE HAS A TELESCOPE. SANS LOVES OUTER SPACEY SCI-FI STUFF. HMM? HE NEVER TOLD YOU?? YEAH, SANS NEVER TELLS ANYBODY ANYTHING!

Did I talk about this room the first time? Sans will let you look through the telescope, like you had to do to find a secret exit from a room before. Only this one's all pink, and after you look through it, Frisk walks around with a red ring around one eye for a while. Ha ha! Classic.

Call back
Papyrus: THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME.

---

Nice Cream Man's grotto
Papyrus: ICE CREAM? THANKS, BUT I LIVE IN SNOWDIN! THERE'S ICE CREAM ALL OVER THE GROUND!!!
Sans: that's called snow.
Papyrus: SANS!!! I DIDN'T ASK YOUR OPINION!!

Call back
Papyrus: I'M FLATTERED HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO GIVE ME ICE CREAM.
Sans: me too.
Papyrus: NO YOU AREN'T!!

The game doesn't call any attention to it, but Sans has somehow shortcut his way from the room you were just in all the way back to Snowdin to meet Papyrus for this phonecall.

---

Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionally Small Gap
Papyrus: A BIRD MONSTER?? TRY TALKING TO IT!!! OR YOU COULD PUT ME ON THE LINE! I'VE GOT SOME PRETTY GOOD TWEETS.
Papyrus: (HORRIBLE BIRD IMITATIONS)

Call back
Papyrus: DID THE BIRD LIKE MY TWEETS???

---

Onionsan's Pool
Papyrus: ONION?

Call back
Papyrus: HUM HUM HUM...

---

Shyren's Crossroads
Papyrus: I'VE HEARD A SHY MONSTER LIVES AROUND HERE. WELL, IF YOU WANT TO GET SOMEONE TO OPEN UP... YOU SHOULD ENGAGE THEM IN COMBAT!!!

Call back
Papyrus: HUM HUM HUM...

---

Statue Room
Papyrus: A MYSTERIOUS STATUE...

Put an umbrella in the statue, and...

Papyrus: WHAT'S THAT MUSIC? AM I ON HOLD???

---

Umbrella Stand
Papyrus: ALWAYS CARRY AN UMBRELLA IN CASE IT RAINS! YOU KNOW. JUST KEEP A FEW IN YOUR POCKETS.

Call back
Papyrus: NOTHING LIKE A HOT BUCKET OF 'BRELLAS...

---

Piano
Papyrus: HUH!? ARE YOU SERENADING ME!? OH NO!!! YOU'RE MAKING ME BLUSH!!!

Call back
Papyrus: LET'S WRITE A MUSICAL ABOUT OUR ADVENTURES!!!

---

Ancient Artifact
Papyrus: HMMM... THERE'S SOMETHING ANNOYING ABOUT THIS ROOM. BUT I CAN'T QUITE PLACE MY FINGER ON IT... THEN PLACE MY WHOLE HAND ON IT... THEN PET IT AFFECTIONATELY...

---

Walking With Monster Kid
Papyrus: HMMM? YOU'RE HANGING OUT WITH A FRIEND? THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T TALK TO ME... YOU'LL MAKE THEM JEALOUS!

Call back
Papyrus: CALLING AGAIN...?

---

Walking Further With Monster Kid
Papyrus: WHERE ARE YOU? I HEAR WATER. ARE YOU IN THE TOILET?

Call back
Papyrus: ALSO, WHAT'S A TOILET?

---

Castle Vista
Papyrus: THAT'S THE KING'S CASTLE... SEEMS YOU CAN FINALLY SEE THE END.

---

Umbrella Return
Papyrus: SEEMS LIKE THE PHONE CONNECTION'S GETTING WEAK... BETTER NOT GO PAST THAT POINT.

The next point is the bridge maze where Undyne tries to stab you, eventually catches you on a dead end, and breaks the platform you're on so that you fall into the garbage dump. The menu can't be accessed while Undyne is trying to kill you, so you can't call Papyrus.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:54 am

Garbage Landing Area
Papyrus: FLOWERS...? DO ANY OF THEM TALK!? SAY HI FOR ME!!!

Call back
Papyrus: FLOWERS ARE OUR BEST FRIENDS!!

---

Garbage Save Point
Papyrus: GARBAGE, HUH? BOY, DO I KNOW GARBAGE!! AFTER ALL, I'M HOUSEMATES WITH A LAZY BAG OF TRASH! HIS NAME'S TRASHY. HE LIVES IN THE GARBAGE CAN.

Call back
Papyrus: YOU DIDN'T THINK I DIDN'T NAME MY GARBAGE, DID YOU?

---

Garbage Dump
Papyrus: I KNOW WHY YOU CALLED ME. I ALWAYS MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BETTER... WHEN THEY'RE DOWN IN THE DUMPS!!! ...I'VE SPENT TOO LONG WITH MY BROTHER TODAY.

Call back
Papyrus: FORGET I SAID THAT.

---

Quiet Area
Papyrus: HEY! YOU'RE NEAR UNDYNE'S HOUSE! THAT'S TO THE LEFT-UPWARDS. LUPWARDS. ALL THE OTHER DIRECTIONS GO TO THE WRONG HOUSE. NORTH: GHOST HOUSE. EAST: TURTLE HOUSE. SOUTH: TRASH HOUSE.

Call back
Papyrus: WEST: BIRD HOUSE.

The quiet area is a hub that connects the trash dump, Undyne's house, Napstablook's house and Blook Family Farms, Gerson's shop, and the Bird That Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap. Reading an LP may not make that clear, but it's topical to this phonecall.

---

Undyne's House
Papyrus: THAT'S UNDYNE'S HOUSE. LET'S GO THERE AND HANG OUT SOME DAY!!!

---

Outside Napstablook's House
Papyrus: OH, THAT'S THE HOUSE OF... UM... UNDYNE'S NEIGHBOR. WHAT WAS THEIR NAME AGAIN? SPOOKY BLOO BLOO?

Call back
Papyrus: NAPPER HOG...?

---

Inside Napstablook's House
Papyrus: SO YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH A GHOST... ISN'T THAT KIND OF SPOOKY? I'D THINK YOU'D LIKE YOUR FRIENDS WARM AND CUDDLY... LIKE SKELETONS!!!

Call back
Papyrus: VERY SOFT, AND FULL OF CALCIUM.

---

Inside Napstablook's Cousin's House
Papyrus: THAT HOUSE USED TO BE HAUNTED. BECAUSE A GHOST LIVED THERE. BUT THAT GHOST MOVED AWAY. IT'S AN UN-HAUNTED HOUSE.

Call back
Papyrus: BY THE BY, BREAKING INTO A HOUSE... THAT'S ILLEGAL, RIGHT??? PLEASE STOP COMMITTING GHOST CRIMES.

---

Blook Family Farms
Papyrus: THESE SNAILS ARE JUST LIKE MY BROTHER. ROUND, SLOW... AND CONSTANTLY EMITTING SLIME???

Call back
Papyrus: EMITTING SLIME... THAT'S JUST WHAT BROTHERS DO.

---

Gerson's Shop
Papyrus: IF YOU SEE A SHOP, YOU SHOULD STOP... DROP, AND ROLL... INTO SOME GREAT DEALS!! BECAUSE WE'RE HAVING A FIRE SALE! AT MY IMAGINARY STORE, WHICH SELLS FLAMES.

Call back
Papyrus: YET ANOTHER DREAM OF MINE.

---

Riverperson's Dropoff, Waterfall
Papyrus: IS THE RIVER PERSON THERE TODAY?

Call back
Papyrus: ARE THEY?

---

Echo Flower Field
Papyrus: WHAT'S THAT STRANGE WHISPER? I MIGHT HAVE TO HANG UP.

Call back
Papyrus: PAPYRUS ISN'T HOME RIGHT NOW!!

---

Mushroom-Lit Path
Papyrus: WHAT? MUSHROOMS? CAN YOU EAT THEM? ARE YOU SURE YOU CAN'T EAT THEM?

Call back
Papyrus: I'D TRY EATING THEM.

---

Lantern-Lit Path
Papyrus: LANTERNS? UM, OKAY... CAN YOU EAT THEM? I'M SERIOUSLY OUT OF IDEAS HERE.

Call back
Papyrus: I'D TRY EATING THEM.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 am

Hotland Water Cooler
Papyrus: A WATER COOLER...? IN HOTLAND??? THAT'S WEIRD. SHOULDN'T IT BE A FIRE COOLER INSTEAD?

Call back
Papyrus: WHAT'S A WATER COOLER DO, ANYWAY? MAKE WATER... COOLER? SO IT GIVES IT SPIKES AND MAKES IT GLOW?

---

Outside Alphys's Lab
Papyrus: HMMM... A MYSTERIOUS SCIENCE HOUSE.
Sans: the sign outside says "lab".
Papyrus: LAB?
Sans: like... laboratory.
Papyrus: LABRADOR... Y? DOES THAT MEAN THERE ARE DOGS INSIDE?
Sans: i mean. i wouldn't rule it out.

Sans... do you know about Endogeny somehow?

---

Riverperson Dropoff, Hotland
Papyrus: HEY, YOU SHOULD COME TO SNOWDIN AND VISIT ME! I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A FEW THINGS.

Call back
Papyrus: A FEW SENTENCES TO STAND AROUND AND REPEAT.

---

You can only call from Alphys's lab after the Mettaton quiz show is over.
Papyrus: A LAB??? MY BROTHER WOULD LOVE THAT! HE LOVES SCIENCE FICTION!! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S REAL.

Call back
Papyrus: DID YOU TELL HIM?

---

Alphys's Lab, Upstairs
Papyrus: YOU'RE IN HER ROOM, UNINVITED? WOWIE... THAT'S EXTREMELY CREEPY.

Call back
Papyrus: MAYBE DON'T DO THAT.

---

Post-Alphys's Lab Path
Papyrus: HOTLAND, HUH... I KNOW IT LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND... WHICH, SINCE I'M ALWAYS WEARING GLOVES... I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT!!!

Call back
Papyrus: MY KNOWLEDGE QUANTITY IS STAGNANT.

---

Hotland Conveyor Path
Papyrus: CONVEYOR BELTS EVERYWHERE?? ARE YOU SERIOUS? IMAGINE RIDING ONE TO GET TO WORK OR SCHOOL. RIDICULOUS. NOW ICE AND SPIKES, THERE'S CONVENIENCE!!!

Call back
Papyrus: GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN HOTLAND.

---

Steam Vent Introduction
Papyrus: STEAM VENTS? WOW... THAT SOUNDS AWFUL. WHAT IF YOU'RE WEARING A DRESS?

Call back
Papyrus: GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN HOTLAND!!

---

Laser Introduction
Papyrus: ORANGE AND BLUE LASERS, HUH? JUST KEEP IN MIND WHAT THE COLORS MEAN. BLUE MEANS JUMP... AND ORANGE MEANS YOU'LL... SMELL LIKE ORANGES. THAT'S WHAT I REMEMBER.

Call back
Papyrus: HAVE FUN!!

---

The Puzzle on the Left
Papyrus: IT'S IMPORTANT TO STAY IN SCHOOL. A REAL TEACHER... WOULD NEVER ACCEPT DEADLY LASERS AS AN EXCUSE!!

Call back
Papyrus: GLAD! I DON'T LIVE IN HOTLAND!!

---

The Puzzle on the Right
Papyrus: OH NO! THE PUZZLES REACTIVATING... CAUSED THOSE PEOPLE TO MISS THEIR WORK!?
Sans: yep. that's why i'm missing work, too.
Papyrus: OH MY GOD!!! SANS, GO DO YOUR JOB(S)!!!

Call back
Papyrus: GLAD, I DON'T LIVE IN HOTLAND.
Sans: me too.
Papyrus: THEN WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING WORK!?!

---

Pre-Cooking With A Killer Robot
Papyrus: I HEARD YOU GOT TO MEET METTATON!! HE'S MY FAVORITE SEXY RECTANGLE!!

Call back
Papyrus: I WISH I LIVED IN HOTLAND!!!

Voracious shippers have paired Papyrus and Mettaton thanks, as far as I can tell, entirely to this one phonecall.

---

Elevator R2
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS R2. BUT WHAT DOES THE R STAND FOR? RIGATONI? THE TUBE-SHAPED PASTA. IN A PINCH, IT CAN BE USED AS A STRAW.

Call back
Papyrus: IF YOU NEED TO DRINK A CUP OF SAUCE.

---

Sans's Hot Dog Stand
Papyrus: WHAT? MY BROTHER'S ACTUALLY AT HIS STATION? BUT SOMEHOW, HE'S SELLING HOTDOGS INSTEAD? SLACKING OFF BY DOING WORK... TRULY MY BROTHER IS A MASTER.

Call back
Papyrus: NO FURTHER COMMENT.

---

Nothing happens on this screen except Alphys and Papyrus arguing over social media
Image: PAPYRUS? WHO IS THAT? THIS IS... COOLSKELETON95. SORRY. CAN'T TALK. I'M BUSY BEING POPULAR ON-LINE.
Papyrus: NYEH HEH HEH! ONLY KIDDING! YOU HAVE BEEN HAD! IT WAS PAPYRUS PLAYING A SIMPLE GENTLEMAN'S RUSE!

Call back
CoolSkeleton95: WINK! YOU CAN SEE ME WINKING, RIGHT.

---

Stained Apron room
Papyrus: AN APRON LYING IN HOTLAND? THAT MAKES SENSE. COOKING IS DEFINITELY FIRE-ELEMENTAL.

Call back
Papyrus: UNLESS YOU COOK A POPSICLE.

---

The room where Alphys calls and interrupts you flipping switches
Papyrus: WHAT? YOU HAVE TO SOLVE A PUZZLE ON THE CONVEYORS? THAT GOES AGAINST PUZZLE DESIGN 101... CONVEYORS ARE AWFUL AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED!!!

Call back
Papyrus: GLAD I DON'T LIVE ON CONVEYOR PLANET!!!

---

A puzzle room I glossed over earlier
Papyrus: SO THE ARROWS FLIP WHEN YOU DO WHAT? I CAN'T VISUALIZE THIS PUZZLE AT ALL. CAN YOU DRAW A PICTURE? THEN HOLD IT UP TO THE RECEIVER??

Call back
Papyrus: DID YOU DRAW IT YET?

---

Bad Opinion Zone
Papyrus: WHERE DID THAT TABLE COME FROM? DOES IT BELONG TO THE MOUSE??

Call back
Papyrus: EH???

---

Encounter with 01 and 02
Papyrus: THE ROYAL GUARD PATROLS THAT AREA. YES, LIKE SNOWDIN, HOTLAND HAS ROYAL GUARD MEMBERS. WATERFALL DOESN'T NEED THEM BECAUSE IT'S GOT UNDYNE!!!

Call back
Papyrus: DID YOU SEE THEM?

---

MTT Newsroom
Papyrus: I LOVE THE NEWS! IT'S SO INFORMATIVE... AND FULL OF CUT-THROAT, EXPLOSIVE ACTION!!!

Call back
Papyrus: KA-WOWIE!

---

Core Vista
Papyrus: THE CORE... YOU'RE GETTING CLOSE, HUH...?

Call back
Image: ...

---

Elevator L1
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS L1. BUT WHAT DOES THE L STAND FOR? LINGUINE? LINGUINE. THE FLAT PASTA. IT CAN ALSO BE USED TO TIE UP PRESENTS. THE FLATNESS MAKES A NICE RIBBON.

---

Elevator L2
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS L2. BUT WHAT DOES THE L STAND FOR? LASAGNA? I HOPE NOT. I DON'T MAKE LASAGNA ANYMORE. THAT GLUTTONOUS DOG ALWAYS EATS IT FIRST!

Call back
Papyrus: FIRST MY BONES, AND NOW THIS... THEN IT RETREATS INTO A SHALLOW BLUE BOX. COVERS ITSELF WITH A BLANKET, AND SLEEPS...

---

Elevator L3
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS L3. BUT WHAT DOES THE L STAND FOR? LUMACONI? THAT'S THE SNAIL-SHAPED PASTA! SANS BOUGHT SOME RECENTLY. HE'LL PROBABLY FILL THEM WITH HOTDOGS AND SLIME.

Filling pasta with slime... it's just what brothers do.

Call back
Papyrus: HEY!! MAYBE HE'LL SHARE SOME WITH YOU!

---

Spider Bake Sale
Papyrus: IT MIGHT SOUND WEIRD THAT SPIDERS NEED DONATIONS. BUT THINK ABOUT IT, THEY HAVE EIGHT FEET. THAT'S FOUR PAIRS OF SHOES. A SPIDER WEARING FOUR PAIRS OF PINK BOOTIES. MEDITATE ON THIS IMAGE.

Call back
Papyrus: OM...

---

Steam Vent Maze
Papyrus: THE ENTIRE ROOM IS COVERED IN STEAM THINGIES? OH MY GOD, CAN'T YOU JUST TAKE A BUS!?!? HOTLAND STINKS...

Call back
Papyrus: DON'T TELL ME MORE OF THIS GARBAGE.

---

Puzzle on the bottom
Papyrus: LASERS ON CONVEYORS? NO THANKS.

Call back
Papyrus: SOUNDS LIKE MY LEAST FAVORITE NIGHTMARE.

---

Outside Muffet's Lair
Papyrus: DO SPIDERS HAVE WEBBED FEET? WAIT. SPIDERS DON'T HAVE FEET. DO SPIDERS HAVE WEBBED FINGERS?

Call back
Papyrus: JUST CURIOUS.

---

Spider's Parlor
Papyrus: I'VE HEARD THERE ARE TWO GROUPS OF SPIDERS. ONE IN HOTLAND, AND ONE IN THE RUINS. SINCE THE SPIDERS CAN'T CROSS THE COLD OF SNOWDIN, THEY NEED SOME KIND OF TRANSPORT. LIKE A TANDEM MOTORCYCLE WITH EIGHT WHEELS.

Call back
Papyrus: OR A UNICYCLE WITH EIGHT WHEELS!

This is explained in the Muffet battle, but you can't spoil it with the phonecall beforehand. If you haven't fought Muffet yet, the cell signal is "clogged with cobwebs" and won't connect.

---

Opera Prelude
Papyrus: A POSTER FOR METTATON'S SHOW? THAT'S NEATO. I WANT A POSTER FOR MY PUZZLES! AND MAYBE A FEW OPENING BANDS. THEY COULD PLAY MY THEME SONG!

Call back
Papyrus: I JUST NEED TO GET A THEME SONG.

---

Opera Stage
Papyrus: WOW!!! THAT CHOREOGRAPHY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FRIENDS... WITH A BONE-A-FIDE OPERA STAR!!!

Call back
Papyrus: WOWIE!

---

Basement Tile Maze
Papyrus: WOW! I SAW IT! THE MULTICOLOR TILE PUZZLE! SEEMS LIKE YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO COMPLETE IT. YOU'VE GOT TO BE PREPARED NEXT TIME! I'LL HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT ALL AGAIN! YOU SEE, RED TILES ARE IMPASSIBLE. PINK TILES DON'T DO ANYTHING. GREEN TILES ARE...

Call back
Papyrus: PLAID TILES ARE...

---

Where 01 and 02 go to hang out and eat ice cream
Papyrus: WHAT? I? SCREAM? SURE! I'll TRY. A. A. A. A. A. I'M SCREAMING VERY SLOWLY.

Call back
Papyrus: A.

---

Elevator R3
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS R3. BUT WHAT DOES THE R STAND FOR? ROTINI? THE SCREW-SHAPED PASTA. I USED IT TO HOLD MY SENTRY STATION TOGETHER.

Call back
Papyrus: MY WHOLE STATION IS MADE OUT OF CARDBOARDHYDRATES!

---

MTT Resort Lobby
Papyrus: A HOT-L... THAT'S SHORT FOR HOTLAND, RIGHT?

Call back
Papyrus: WOWIE!

---

MTT Resort Dining Room
Papyrus: A FANCY SCHMANCY RESTAURANT!?!? AFTER TASTING MY COOKING, THAT SEEMS POINTLESS, RIGHT?

Call back
Papyrus: I BET THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE SPAGHETTI!

---

Staying Overnight at MTT
Papyrus: ...WHY? MY GARAGE IS ALWAYS OPEN TO YOU!!

Call back
Papyrus: THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!

I didn't stay in the room until I went in to get this phonecall, so there's a screenshot of it.

---

To the CORE
Papyrus: HEADING INTO THE CORE...? HMMM... YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO CALL PAST THERE. I KNOW! IT SOUNDS AWFUL! HOW WILL YOU GET BY WITHOUT ME? WELL, I HAVE CONFIDENCE YOU WILL FIND A WAY!

Call back
Papyrus: I WILL TALK TO YOU AGAIN, SO DO NOT WORRY!

---

And sure enough, inside the CORE and New Home, the cellphone doesn't work at all. Which saves me some effort, except...

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:03 am

Of course, you can date Undyne too, at which point she joins Papyrus in each phone call. Sometimes the game will try to preserve dramatic tension by cutting off phonecalls to Papyrus alone as you proceed through the game, like in any room in Waterfall where Undyne is trying to kill you. Backtracking through every room with Undyne on the line allows for more calls. But Undyne has no comments whatsoever on Snowdin! It's kind of a wash.

Sometimes I miss the call back or skip a room. Oh well.

---

Snowy/Misty/Foggy path

Undyne: Yeah!! This is the best room for snow-wrestling!!
Papyrus: SNOW WRESTLING IS WHEN SHE SNEAKS UP ON YOU FROM BEHIND, THEN TACKLES YOU AND YELLS "SNOW-WRESTLING!" IT'S... NOT THE BEST GAME.
Undyne: Well, you know what I think??[/i]
Papyrus: WHAT?
Undyne: Snow-wrestling!!
Papyrus: NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Call back
Undyne: We'll have to play sometime!

---

Waterfall Path

Undyne: If you're going to Snowdin, I won't have much to say.
Papyrus: BUT I WILL!!
Undyne: There's the rub, right?
Papyrus: WHAT!? THERE'S A RUB? WHERE!?!?
Undyne: In Snowdin, duh!!!
Papyrus: I'LL DO MY BEST TO FIND THE RUB.

Call back
Undyne: Hey, I think I found something!
Papyrus: OOH, WHERE? AND WHAT'S THIS HORRIBLE NOOGIE?
Undyne: It's the rub!!!

---

Sans's Station, Waterfall

Undyne: This is Papyrus's brother's station. I'm always catching him slacking off, or sleeping... But his results are JUST good enough not to fire him. Well, except today. He didn't tell me ANYTHING about you.

Call back
Undyne: JUST scraping by the bare minimum every time... I guess it's kind of impressive...?

It's weird that Sans is in the Royal Guard and Papyrus isn't. I mean... isn't it? Yet Papyrus still has a self-constructed guard station back in Snowdin.

---

Rockslide room

Undyne: GOd, I was supposed to build a puzzle for this room... But I HATE puzzles. So I just put a huge pile of rocks upstream.

Call back
Undyne: What??? Don't judge me!!! My lack of creativity's making your life easier!

---

Old Tutu room

Undyne: So you found the room behind the waterfall... When I feel like relaxing, I always take a break there. That means NEVER!! I HATE RELAXING!!

Call back
Undyne: I love being ANGRY and STRESSED OUT!!! Nah, I'm joking.

---

Undyne's Introduction

Undyne: This is the room where I first spotted you. You have NO idea how many spears I wanted to throw!!! But, um, that sea-grass is under scientific protection.

Call back
Undyne: What!!!!! That's a real thing!

Remember, during Alphys's date, one of her confessions is that seaweed isn't actually of any scientific importance. She just uses it to make ice cream. So Alphys being a lying disgusting otaku slob actually saved me a bit of trouble this time.

---

Bridge Blossom introduction

Undyne: Wait, did you actually DO the puzzle!? You can't just jump across!? You can't do the jimpity jumpity joodle!?

Call back:
Undyne: The limpity loppity leap!?

---

Bridge Blossom puzzle

Undyne: Alphys helped measure out the mud tiles for this puzzle. It was a lot of work, but we got to make sand castles after. We're a good team. She's great at building them... And I'm great at wrecking them!!

Call back
Undyne: There's barely even a trace of 'em now...

---

Abandoned quiche

Undyne: What's better than a benchful of quiche?

---

Wishing Room

Undyne: Every day, people come here and wish to the stars... I won't let them down!! I'll make everyone's wishes come true!!
Papyrus: I WISH I HAD EIGHT LEGS... SO I COULD WEAR FOUR PAIRS OF HOTPANTS.
Undyne: I'll make most people's wishes come true!!!

Call back
Undyne: What, you have a wish??? Add it to the pile, punk.

---

History Archive

Undyne: Along these walls lies our tragic history... Tragically BORING! Why can't our history be COOL ANIMATIONS like the humans'!? Someone at LEAST engrave a plaque with swords and kissing!!!

Call back
Undyne: Come on, don't act like your history's not COOL!!

---

Tall grass

Undyne: If it wasn't for that grass, I'd have kicked your... Uh, if not for that grooty, I'd have kicked your booty.

Call back
Undyne: Don't ask me what a grooty is!!!

---

Undyne Threw Spears Here

Undyne: This is where I threw all those spears at you... That was fun!!! Let's do that again sometime!!

Call back
Undyne: Come on! Don't fear the spear!

---

Mid-Waterfall mousehole

Undyne: Where are all these tables coming from?

---

Waterfall junction

Undyne: Hey, here's a neat party trick. Try talking to the southern wall! First you have to throw a party though... Hey, you should make it a costume party! Then Papyrus can have someplace he seems normal!!!

Call back
Undyne: Oh! I should invite Alphys, too!

Incidentally:

---

Nice Cream Man's grotto

Undyne: Ugh, ice cream!? Sugary... COLD... Talk about GROSS. Now this chilly pink stuff that Alphys makes me... THAT rules!!!

Call back
Undyne: I'll also drink it if it's heated up.

Remember, Alphys has a strange machine in her room that makes a pink goop. Now we know where the seaweed goes, and where her ice cream comes from.

---

Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionally Small Gap

Undyne: That bird will carry anyone past the gap. It NEVER says no. When I was younger, it gave me a lift. It took an hour... But this bird NEVER once thought of giving up!!!

Call back
Undyne: Cherish this bird.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:08 am

Garbage Landing Area
Undyne: Those flowers... One day, they just started to grow there. I swear, it's like they have a mind of their own.

Call back
Undyne: That's ridiculous though!

---

Garbage Save Point
Undyne: That's where I met Alphys for the first time!! I was looking for cool swords, when I saw her... Uh, standing there, staring into the abyss. She looked pretty... um... ...contemplative. So I asked her where she thought the abyss led to! She looked at me, shocked, and went red in the face. But I'm scary, so I'm used to that kinda stuff! Then she kept explaining all her different theories. She went on for hours! I was so captivated! After that, I kept running into her here. And now we're friends! Yeeee hawww!!!

Call back
Undyne: Oh my GOD! Don't make me tell this story AGAIN!!!

---

Garbage Dump
Undyne: The garbage dump!! So many great things come from there!! The only reason we have modern technology... is 'cause of all the human junk that flows from the surface!

Call back
Undyne: Plus, it's a GREAT place to meet girls.

---

Quiet Area
Papyrus: SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE NEAR UNDYNE'S HOUSE. HEY! WE SHOULD GO VISIT UNDYNE!
Undyne: I'm right here!
Papyrus: I LOVE WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER! NYEH HEH HEH!!!

Call back
Undyne: Well, I think we should hang out with Papyrus.
Papyrus: REALLY??? CAN WE???

---

Undyne's House
Undyne: That's my house. Or, it WAS my house, until we set it on fire. But hey, can't say I've never done that before!!

---

Outside Napstablook's House
Undyne: That's Napstablook's house. They kind of keep to theirself, but... That's a good ghost. I try to be a good neighbor, but I think they're scared of me. C'mon, what's scary about a good-nature invite to wrestle?

Call back
Undyne: They're incorporeal anyway!!!

---

Inside Napstablook's House
Undyne: Oh, you're hanging out with Napstablook!? That's great!!! I haven't seen them hanging out with anyone since... Well, their cousin. They would both watch TV at all hours of the day... Then they would practice these weird performances. Where'd they go...?

Call back
Undyne: Don't feel like you have to live up to their cousin! Just be your loveable old garbage self!

---

Inside Napstablook's Cousin's House
Undyne: WHAT? You broke into Napstablook's cousin's house!? That's... That's...! Hey, what was their name, anyway!?
Papyrus: HAPPSTABLOOK, THE HAPPY GHOST.
Undyne: Okay, that's DEFINITELY wrong.
Papyrus: IT'S NOT WRONG. IT'S JUST MY HEADCANON.

Call back
Undyne: Seriously, though, stop committing ghost crimes.

---

Blook Family Farms
Undyne: Napstablook's family used to run this farm, but... They've all... Passed on... ...to different jobs, since there's not much business here. Them and their cousin stayed behind to run the family farm. But no one's seen their cousin for a long time. Now Napstablook's all alone...

Call back
Undyne: Be nice to them, okay?

---

Gerson's Shop
Undyne: Hey! That's the store of Gerson, the Hammer of Justice! The toughest monster that ever lived...! He fought in the war between humans and monsters... And he survived! He's a real hero!

Call back
Undyne: Are you gonna buy something?

---

Riverperson's Dropoff, Waterfall
Undyne: That river connects to Snowdin and Hotland. If you need to get from one place to another, jump in! Look, that's all we got for public transport, OK!?

Undyne: So what?

---

Echo Flower Field
Undyne: A field of echo flowers... They babble back and forth to each other... ...until their words become meaningless noise. Creepy, huh?

Call back
Undyne: Stop calling me from that creepy room!!

---

Mushroom-Lit Path
Undyne: Once you get familiar with this room... You don't even need to light up the mushrooms! I mean, the path to Temmie Village is never lit up here.

Call back
Undyne: But why would you wanna go there!?

---

Lantern-Lit Path
Undyne: Once you get familiar with this room... You don't even need to light up the lanterns! ...yeah.

Call back
Undyne: Whatever.

---

b e h i n d y o u Flower Room
Undyne: That's where I first talked to you! Weren't you SUPER terrified? I practice that monologue ALL the time in the mirror!
Papyrus: UNDYNE???
Undyne: I mean!!! Uh!!! No I didn't!!!
Papyrus: Oh. I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK. DO YOU WANT TO PRACTICE MONOLOGUES TOGETHER...?!!
Undyne: UH!!! NO!!! I DON'T!!!!

Call back
Papyrus: ATTENTION EVERYONE! I AM GOING TO OPEN THE FRIDGE!
Undyne: Do you have a monologue for EVERYTHING?

---

Expositionary Flower Room
Undyne: Fields of flowers, whispering everybody's hopes and dreams... NGAHHHH!!! IT FILLS ME WITH POWER!!!

Call back
Undyne: NGAHHHH!!!

Seriously, that's it. "Hello?" "Hi this is Frisk, I'm still in that room with the flo--" "NGAHHHH!!" *click*

---

Monster Kid Bridge
Undyne: This room...! That sure was a tense scenario. I just wanted to help that poor kid, but... I thought if I tried, you'd attack me! Thankfully, you ended up saving them.

I assume this one changes depending on what you do during that scene.

---

The room with the grumpy Goomba-looking guy
Papyrus: THIS IS WHERE ELDER PUZZLER LIKES TO STAND. IT'S IMPORTANT TO RESPECT OUR PUZZLING ROOTS.
Undyne: Yeah, someone else has to care so I don't have to!
Papyrus: BUT UNDYNE, DON'T YOU LIKE TRADITION?
Undyne: I worked in an office pushing blocks for a month! My respect for block puzzles was depleted by corporate life.
Papyrus: WHAT!? YOU THREW AWAY MY DREAM LIFE!!! THE LIFE OF A SIMPLE SALARYMAN... COMMUTING EVERY DAY ON A TRAIN FULL OF SPIKES...
Undyne: (I won't tell him that's not how it works...)

Call back
Papyrus: UNDYNE, DID YOU REALLY HAVE AN OFFICE JOB?
Undyne: Well, it was more of a, uh, community service thing.
Papyrus: THAT'S UNDYNE!! ALWAYS HELPING OUT THE COMMUNITY!
Undyne: Uh, yep! Totally of my own volition there!

---

Undyne Battle
Undyne: Oh my GOD!!! Wasn't this room the BEST!? Like when I decided to NOT do that BORING monologue... And then went TOTALLY off-the-cuff!? Or when I almost killed you with spears??? Or when I almost killed you with MORE spears??? Aw man. I should have taken photos. Think about how cute a little scrapbook would be...
Papyrus: NOW I WANT A SCRAPBOOK OF MY FIGHT TOO!!!
Undyne: Let's start a photo company for boss fights!
Papyrus: ONE WEEK LATER, SAMPLE GLOSSIES IN THE MAIL.
Undyne: Relive the memories...

Don't worry, guys. I got the photos of your boss fights covered.

Call back
Undyne: Going off-the-cuff... It helped that I... Uh. Completely forgot the words to my monologue, anyway...

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 am

WELCOME TO HOTLAND
Undyne: This is where I was chasing you... But you got a phone call, so I had to wait.
Papyrus: OH! THAT WAS ME!
Undyne: What!? What were you even calling about!?
Papyrus: I WAS JUST SAYING WE SHOULD ALL HANG OUT.
Undyne: As I was trying to kill them!?
Papyrus: WELL!! NOBODY STARTS AS GREAT FRIENDS!

Call back
Undyne: Nobody starts as great friends, huh?
Papyrus: THAT'S THE RULE.
Undyne: Well, you're gonna END as my great friend!!
Papyrus: N... NO!! NOT THE FLATTERY SUPLEX!!!

---

Bridge into Hotland
Undyne: I can't believe Papyrus's brother was sleeping!! I was counting on him to stop you!! UrrrrgHHHH!!
Papyrus: HE'S GOTTEN REALLY OUT OF SHAPE. HE TIRES EASILY. LATELY HE'S BEEN NAPPING OVER 7 HOURS A NIGHT... HE'S NAPPING HIMSELF INTO AN EARLY GRAVE!!
Undyne: I agree!! Your brother needs to...! ...wait, isn't that just called sleeping?
Papyrus: UNDYNE!! NO!!! NOT YOU TOO!!!

Call back
Undyne: Wait. Papyrus... When do YOU sleep?
Papyrus: I'M USUALLY TOO BUSY TO SLEEP. WHY???
Undyne: Well, I was just thinking... If you're not using that cool car bed, can I have it!?

---

Hotland Water Cooler
Undyne: Thank god for that water cooler, huh? Actually, you can thank Alphys... She put it there just for me. Now I can take a drink on the way to her lab. Though, usually I'm not wearing 100 pounds of armor...!

Call back
Undyne: Thanks for giving me that water, I guess.

---

Outside Alphy's Lab
Undyne: That's Alphys's house. Hey, why don't we all go over and watch anime?
Papyrus: ISN'T THAT A KIND OF CARTOON FOR SMALL CHILDREN?
Undyne: Oh my GOD!!! Anime isn't just for kids! It's deep! It's EMOTIONAL!!!
Papyrus: IS (THE SOUND A BABY MAKES) AN EMOTION?
Undyne: YEah CAUSE It'S HoW I'M FEElinG RIGHT NOW!!!

Call back
Papyrus: WAIT... UNDYNE, DO YOU LIKE ANIME?
Undyne: ...
Papyrus: UH OH!!! I MEAN, I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY. MAYBE I ACTUALLY DO LIKE ANIME!
Undyne: You don't have to say that, Papyrus.
Papyrus: MAYBE I'M A BABY WHO LOVES CARTOONS FOR CHILDREN!
Undyne: YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY THAT, PAPYRUS!!

---

Riverperson Dropoff, Hotland
Papyrus: HEY, YOU SHOULD COME TO SNOWDIN AND VISIT ME!
Undyne: No WAY!!! Come to Snowdin and visit ME!!!
Papyrus: WHAT??? WE'RE IN THE SAME LOCATION!!
Undyne: Wrong! I'm standing slightly to the right!!

Call back:
Undyne: Come on!!! Make your choice!!!

---

Alphys's Lab
Undyne: You're at Alphys's lab? Is she there...? Hey, tell her I said hi, okay!? And, tell me how she's doing! And tell me if she needs anything, and... Wait! No! Don't ask any of that!!!

Call back
Undyne: But she's fine, right!?

I wonder if calling back after Alphys's date, where Undyne and Alphys confess their feelings to one another and Alphys has gone down into the True Lab, changes this conversation any. Hmm.

---

Alphys's Lab, Upstairs
Undyne: What!? You're in her room!? Get out of there! Unless, um, she invited you... No wayyyy!!! That did NOT happen!

Call back
Undyne: Stop that!

Alphys's upstairs is the only place in the game where you can leave a phonecall behind by stepping onto a conveyor belt.

---

Post-Alphys's Lab Path
Papyrus: NEITHER OF US KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOTLAND.
Undyne: So we'll just have to COMBINE OUR POWER!!!
Papyrus: ZERO PLUS ZERO IS STILL ZERO.
Undyne: Yeah, but it's a BIG zero!!!

Call back
Undyne: THE BIGGEST ZERO!

---

Hotland Conveyor Path
Undyne: I rode on a conveyor belt once. I learned pretty fast that they make me sick.
Papyrus: DID YOU HURL??
Undyne: Yeah, like 9000 times!! It was awesome!!

Call back
Papyrus: STOP CALLING AND MAKING HER SAY GROSS THINGS.

---

Steam Vent Introduction
Undyne: Steam vents? I think Alphys told me about those. The CORE cools off by releasing steam through those... And at the same time, it doubles as transport! Pretty cool, if you aren't wearing a dress!

Call back
Undyne: Huh!? Did you put on a dress?

---

Laser Introduction
Undyne: What!? Why'd I call Alphys about the weather? Who CARES!?!? Isn't it natural to love meteorology!?
Papyrus: ZOINKS!!! I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST AN EXCUSE TO TALK TO HER. I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS WEATHER DOWN HERE!!!
Undyne: YEAH!?!! THERE IS?!!?! And I'm forecasting an incoming front of SHUT UP!!!
Papyrus: WOWIE!!! WILL I NEED AN UMBRELLA?

Call back
Undyne: Oh, Papyrus. I can't stay mad at you.
Papyrus: IT'S OKAY, I FORGIVE YOU! (PSST, WHEN WAS SHE MAD AT ME?)

I love that these guys are arguing about whether there is any weather in the Underground while standing ankle-deep in fresh snow.

---

The Puzzle on the Left
Undyne: Huh? Those kids are skipping school? ... ...well, I can't blame them, school sucks! We need to find some way to make it cooler... Hey, what if I visited their school!? Then I could beat up ALL the teachers!

Call back
Undyne: Okay, maybe I wouldn't beat up a teacher...

---

Pre-Cooking With A Killer Robot
Papyrus: I HEARD YOU GOT TO MEET METTATON!!
Undyne: Really? Careful, that dude gives me bad vibes.
Papyrus: WH-WHAT? BUT HE'S SO POPULAR...
Undyne: I don't care about people just because they're popular.
Papyrus: WELL, YOU CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE POPULAR.
Undyne: Pssshhht, what!? Popular with WHO?
Papyrus: YOU'RE POPULAR WITH ME!!!

And Monster Kid.

Call back
Undyne: Awww... Papyrus, you're popular with me, too.
Papyrus: AWW, WOWIE!! WAIT... DOES THAT MEAN YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME...?
Undyne: Let's not discuss this anymore.

---

Elevator R1
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS R1. BUT WHAT DOES THE R STAND FOR?
Undyne: C'mon Papyrus. Think about it.
Papyrus: HMM.
Undyne: It stands for RED, 'cause that's the color of the lights!

Call back
Papyrus: I GUESS THAT MAKES SENSE!

---

Elevator R2
Papyrus: WAIT, UNDYNE. IF THE R STANDS FOR RED... WHAT COLOR DOES THE L STAND FOR?
Undyne: Uhhh... Light green.
Papyrus: OH! OF COURSE! WAIT, ISN'T THAT TWO WORDS?
Sans: light sea green.
Papyrus: THREE DOESN'T FIX THE ISSUE!
Sans: light sea foam green.

Call back
Papyrus: AREN'T YOU WORKING IN THE VERY NEXT ROOM!?

---

Sans's Hot Dog Stand
Papyrus: MY BROTHER ISN'T EVEN THERE??? WASN'T HE SLACKING OFF BY SELLING HOTDOGS? NOW HE'S SLACKING OFF FROM SLACKING OFF... TRULY MY BROTHER IS A MASTER.

Call back
Papyrus: NO FURTHER COMMENT.

---

Nothing happens on this screen except Alphys and Papyrus arguing over social media
Undyne: Papyrus... Why are you wearing those?
CoolSkeleton95: PAPYRUS? EXCUSE ME? I AM THE VERY COOL ONLINE GUY, COOLSKELETON95.
Undyne: What? No! You're Papyrus!
CoolSkeleton95: (UNDYNE!!! SHHH!!!) (YOU'RE GOING TO REVEAL MY SECRET ONLINE PERSONA!)
Undyne: FINE then! I'm not Undyne! The name's... StrongFish91!
CoolSkeleton95: WHAT!? REALLY!? OH NO!!!

Call back
CoolSkeleton95: STRONGFISH!! PLEASE BRING BACK MY FRIEND UNDYNE!
StrongFish91: Uh, OK.

---

Stained Apron room
Papyrus: AN APRON LYING IN HOTLAND? THAT MAKES SENSE.
Undyne: Yeah, cooking is definitely fire-elemental!
Papyrus: UNLESS YOU COOK A POPSICLE.
Undyne: Would you really call it "cooking" a popsicle...?
Papyrus: THAT'S WHAT YOU CALLED IT LAST TIME WE, UH...
Undyne: Oh MAN, I almost forgot about that! What a mess!

Call back
Undyne: It took forever to hose everything off.

At least she didn't set her house on fire.

---

The room where Alphys calls and interrupts you flipping switches
Papyrus: WHAT? YOU HAVE TO SOLVE A PUZZLE ON THE CONVEYORS?
Undyne: Oh MAN, did I ever tell you MY conveyor puzzle idea?
Papyrus: WHAT... IS IT?
Undyne: Imagine four basketball hoops on the sides of a conveyor loop. The conveyor keeps speeding up, until you get sick... Then you have to puke in all four hoops in a row!!!
Papyrus: I HATE THIS.
Undyne: You have to time the pukes!!!

Call back
Undyne: Oh man!!! You wanna hear more of my great idea!?
Papyrus: I'M GONNA HANG UP NOW!!!

---

A puzzle room I glossed over earlier
Papyrus: WHAT? HOW'S THIS PUZZLE WORK? UMMM... WHOOPS, I THINK IT'S UNDYNE'S TURN TO TALK!!!
Undyne: What!? No, I HATE puzzles! Papyrus, YOU do it!
Papyrus: WELL, ALPHYS MADE THE PUZZLE, RIGHT? YOU SHOULD JUST CALL HER UP... AND SAY IN A HOT VOICE... ALPHYS... I NEED HELP WITH A...
Papyrus: (AUDIBLE WINK)
Papyrus: PUZZLE...
Undyne: Oh my GOD! NO! Shut up!!!
Papyrus: FINE!!! GIVE ME HER NUMBER!!! I'LL DO THE HOT VOICE!!!
Undyne: NO!!!! THAT'S EVEN WORSE!!!

Undyne, you can't start talking in all caps with multiple exclamation points. It'll get hard to tell whose text is whose.

Call back
Papyrus: (AUDIBLE WINK) ...
Papyrus: WAIT, WHOSE NUMBER IS THIS???

---

Bad Opinion Zone
Undyne: Where are all these tables coming from?
Papyrus: MAYBE THEY BELONG TO THE MOUSE.
Undyne: What would a mouse need a table for?
Papyrus: TO PUT THE CHEESE ON.
Undyne: But where's the cheese come from!?
Sans: doesn't it come from milk?
Papyrus: OH MY GOD!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!!

You know, come to think of it... why are there chunks of cheese on tables all over the place, each one tantalizingly close to a mousehole and somehow sealed away from the mouse? The pacifist ending narrates that the mouse gets the cheese out of each one, but never explains what they're doing there in the first place. Anyway...

Call back
Papyrus: WAIT, DOES IT COME FROM MILK??

---

Encounter with 01 and 02
Undyne: Careful, the Royal Guard patrols that area. I think it's RG01 and RG02 today... It's funny, the bunny actually requested to be with the dragon guy.

Call back
Undyne: It's nice when people are platonic friends like that!

---

MTT Newsroom
Undyne: Yeah! You totally kicked his butt on the news!!! And I bet Alphys was helping you, wasn't she? Oh my god!!! You guys becoming friends... It's kinda cute... I mean, uh... I'm tough!!! I love to eat rocks!!

Call back
Undyne: What!?!?

---

Core Vista
Papyrus: THE CORE... YOU'RE GETTING CLOSE, HUH...?
Undyne: What!? No, we just became friends!! You can't already be that close...

Call back
Undyne: What?

---

Elevator L2
Undyne: OK, OK. I've got it. The L stands for the color "Lime".
Papyrus: REALLY!? I HATE LIMES.
Undyne: What!? Limes rule!! I eat them whole all the time!!
Papyrus: WELL, ONE TIME I WAS GIVING MYSELF A SPA TREATMENT. I PUT THE LIME SLICES IN MY EYES, LIKE ON TV. BUT IT STINGS!! HOW DO THEY DO IT!?
Undyne: Oh my god! Those aren't LIMES! Those are CUCUMBERS!

Call back
Papyrus: I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REJUVENATING. BUT IT WASN'T WORKING! SO I JUST STUCK MORE LIMES INTO MY EYES.
Undyne: Gross!! Why did you even do that!?
Papyrus: I JUST WANT TO HAVE HANDSOME, BISHOUNEN EYES. LIKE METTATON... SIGH...
Undyne: (He doesn't even HAVE eyes!!!)

---

Elevator L1
Papyrus: THE ELEVATOR SAYS L1. BUT WHAT DOES THE L STAND FOR?
Undyne: C'mon, Papyrus. Think about it.
Papyrus: HMMM...
Undyne: It stands for L-evator, duh!!!

Call back
Papyrus: IS ELEVATOR REALLY SPELLED THAT WAY?
Undyne: Probably?

---

Elevator L3
Papyrus: MAYBE WE NEED TO THINK MORE ABSTRACTLY. MAYBE THE L STANDS FOR... LOVE.
Undyne: But isn't love supposed to be FIERY RED!? Like a cartoony human-heart?
Papyrus: BUT UNDYNE, DON'T YOU TURN PEOPLE'S HEARTS GREEN?
Undyne: You make it sound like I give people nausea.
Papyrus: WELL, IT WOULD BE AN AFFECTIONATE NAUSEA.
Undyne: Okay, yeah! That's me!

Call back
Papyrus: IT'S DECIDED!! L STANDS FOR!! A HEART THAT UNDYNE HAS MADE NAUSEOUS?

---

Spider Bake Sale
This one is the same as calling Papyrus alone. Undyne has no comments on spider fundraisers.

---

Steam Vent Maze
Papyrus: A WHOLE ROOM COVERED IN VENTS? OH NO...
Undyne: Hey, did I ever tell you about my puzzle idea? It's a maze full of steam vents... But the steam vents are on conveyor belts, and...
Papyrus: OH MY GOD!!! I HATE THIS!?!?

Call back
Papyrus: ITS BEST IF YOU DON'T ENCOURAGE HER.

Lack of apostrophe his.

---

Puzzle on the bottom
Papyrus: LASERS ON CONVEYORS? ARE YOU SERIOUS???
Undyne: Hey, this reminds me of a puzzle idea.
Papyrus: OH MY GOD??? NO??? WHY??? I THOUGHT YOU HATED MAKING UP PUZZLES!!
Undyne: Yeah, but I love driving you crazy!

Call back
Papyrus: PLEASE STOP ENCOURAGING HER.

---

Outside Muffet's Lair
Papyrus: HEY, UNDYNE. DO SPIDERS HAVE WEBBED FEET?
Undyne: No, ducks have webbed feet.
Papyrus: DUCKS CAN SPIN WEBS!?
Undyne: Yeah, haven't you seen a duck wrap up a loaf of bread? Then suck all of its guts out with its fangs?
Papyrus: BREAD HAS GUTS?
Undyne: Yeah. They just take 'em all out before they sell it.
Papyrus: WOW!! YOU'RE REALLY SMART, UNDYNE!
Undyne: (I thought he knew I was joking...)

Call back
Undyne: Papyrus, wait, you know I'm joking, right?
Papyrus: OF COURSE! EVERYONE KNOWS SPIDERS HAVE WEBBED FEET.

---

Spider's Parlor
Papyrus: I WONDER IF ANY OF MY ONLINE FANS ARE SPIDERS.
Undyne: Do spiders even use the internet?
Sans: are you kidding? spiders love to surf the web.
Papyrus: SANS! YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING.

Call back
Papyrus: FANGS FOR VISITING MY WEB-SITE. THAT'S WHAT SPIDERS LIKE TO POST.

---

Opera Prelude
Papyrus: A POSTER FOR METTATON'S SHOW? THAT'S NEATO. I WANT A POSTER FOR MY PUZZLES!
Undyne: Oh! And I want a poster for all of my big fights!
Papyrus: A REAL EVENT! WE COULD HAVE A LIVE BAND!
Undyne: And a barbeque!
Papyrus: AND FIREWORKS!
Undyne: And a second barbeque!
Papyrus: WON'T YOU JUST EAT BBQ INSTEAD OF FIGHTING?
Undyne: Let's do it!

Call back
Undyne: We could use the spears as kabob skewers!
Papyrus: AND BONES AS KABONE SKEWERS!
Undyne: What's a kabone?
Papyrus: LIKE A KABOB BUT WITH ONLY BONES.

---

Opera Stage
Papyrus: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT TO DANCE WITH METTATON!
Undyne: Big deal... Earlier, the human and I danced with DEATH!!!
Papyrus: WOW!!! IS DEATH COOL?
Undyne: Yeah, she's like super hot.

Call back
Papyrus: I WANT TO MEET DEATH...

---

Basement Tile Maze
Undyne has no comments on this either, so Papyrus just goes over the rules again, again.

---

Where 01 and 02 go to hang out and eat ice cream
Undyne: WHAT!? RG01 and RG02 are slacking off?! Come ON! They should be KILLING you right now! Not that I want them to, I mean. But they could at least TRY, y'know!?

Call back
Papyrus: I ALMOST CAPTURED YOU... WHERE'S MY ICE CREAM.

---

Elevator R3
Papyrus: WAIT. WHAT IF R AND L. STAND FOR RIGHT AND LEFT???
Undyne: No WAY! That makes NO sense. Cause if you face the opposite way, they'd be wrong!

Call back
Papyrus: BUT IF YOU FACE THE OTHER WAY... HOW CAN YOU KNOW THEY ARE REALLY STILL WRONG?
Undyne: Let's not get philosophical over the alphabet.

---

MTT Resort Lobby
Undyne: A hotel?? Cool!! I've never stayed at a fancy hotel!
Papyrus: REALLY?? ME NEITHER.
Undyne: Papyrus, we should go on vacation sometime!
Papyrus: YEAH! LET'S VACATION TO A HOTEL!!!

---

MTT Resort Dining Room
Undyne: Woah!! A fancy restaurant!?
Papyrus: PSHHHHHHT. WHO NEEDS THAT! YOUR FRIENDS ARE GREAT CHEFS!
Undyne: Well, maybe our cooking abilities aren't exactly perfect. Nah!!! They totally are!! Eat up, punk!!
(You hear spaghetti thwap against the receiver.)

Call back
Papyrus: ISN'T FRIENDSHIP DELICIOUS?

---

To the CORE
Papyrus: HEADING INTO THE CORE...? HMMM.
Undyne: The CORE is a huge tower of electric energy. So I don't think your phone will work through it...
Papyrus: OH NO! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT US...?
Undyne: You have something you have to do, right...? Well... Even without words, we'll be with you in spirit, OK!?
Papyrus: YEAH! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF US!
Undyne: We're counting on you, so don't mess it up!

Call back
Undyne: We're not going to say goodbye to you just yet!

---

Holy balls that took a lot of typing.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Other things that happened while I collected phonecalls:

As stated before, when you date Papyrus without having ever used the Flirt command, your "date" becomes a "hang-out", and your "Dating Power" meter is replaced by "Friendship". Script change? A little.

Image: YOU ARE A VERY NICE PERSON. I'M GLAD WE ARE FRIENDS.

Image: BUT, I THINK YOU CAN REACH YOUR MAX POTENTIAL... IF YOU LIVE MORE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, RATHER THAN JUST FOR MINE. HMMM...

Image: HEY, I KNOW THE SOLUTION!!! YOU SHOULD HANG OUT WITH MY BOSS, UNDYNE!!! I THINK IF YOU SPREAD YOUR FRIEND-ENERGY OUT MORE... YOU'LL HAVE A MORE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. YEAH!!! LET'S BE FRIENDS WITH UNDYNE!!! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!

At this point you probably haven't met Undyne. What follows may well be an entire dungeonful of spear-dodging as she tries to kill you.

Toriel gives you her cell number early on. But once you leave the RUINS, you can't call her. She never picks up. And here's why: if you're in the room with the Artifact, and try to call Toriel, the ringing sound comes from inside your inventory, where the Annoying Dog has been placed. The dog stole Toriel's phone again, and she never gets it back.

It's possible to use the screen transitions to get around Undyne during the chase scene, and have her chase you back into Waterfall.

If you do that you can go back to Undyne's house, where Papyrus reports that he's incredibly happy you're so eager to hang out with her! Except she's not back home yet for some reason.

Reason being she's still trying to kill you.

You can call Papyrus on the phone when he's standing right in front of you, too.

I always ran into Temmie before entering Temmie Village, so I've never actually had Temmie Flakes in my inventory during the fight. But this time, for whatever reason, I happened to bump into a Temmie after I'd bought some. Naturally, you can let Temmie go after giving her some "F00B!!!"

Temmie Flakes are described as being little torn-up bits of brightly-colored construction paper. Have I mentioned that?

The water cooler has a limited amount of water in it. You can take it out and just dump it on the ground, if you want. I'm not sure why you would, unless you wanted to be particularly cruel to Undyne.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

In collecting all of the phonecall scripts I forgot to go on the date with Alphys. I didn't realize that until I got to New Home and the Froggits and Whimsuns started telling me the story of the first child and Asriel. But I figured what the hell, might as well go through now. It's probably pretty close to the Best Possible Not True Pacifist ending, although I suppose you could befriend Alphys and then just not do the True Lab bit. Whether befriending Alphys makes your life any better is not something I really care to explore.

So:

Image: heya. is anyone there...? well, i'll just leave a message...

Standard opening.

Image: so... it's been a while. the queen returned, and is now ruling over the underground. she's enstated a new policy... all the humans who fall here will be treated not as enemies... but as friends.

Sounds familiar so far.

Image: it's probably for the best, anyway. the human souls that the king had gathered... seem to have disappeared. so, uh, that plan ain't happening any time soon. but even though people are heartbroken over the king... ...and things are looking grim for our freedom... the queen's trying her best not to let us give up hope. so, uh, hey... if we're not giving up down here... don't give up wherever you are, ok? who knows how long it will take... but we will get out of here.

Image: SANS!!! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO???

Image: oh, nobody.

Image: WHAT!? NOBODY!? CAN I TALK TO THEM TOO???

Image: here, knock yourself out.

Image: WAIT A SECOND... I RECOGNIZE THIS NUMBER!!! ATTENTION, HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS... AM NOW CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD! IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DREAMED OF... EXCEPT, INSTEAD OF FIGHTING, WE JUST WATER FLOWERS. SO THAT'S EVER-SO-SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT.

Image: AND, WE'RE HELPING DR. ALPHYS WITH HER RESEARCH! SHE'S GONNA FIND A WAY TO GET US OUT OF HERE.

Yeah, I bet if you take little bits of determination extracted from humans, and inject it into monsters... no, no. What you need is a vessel that's neither human nor monster, to hold all that soul power... Ah, I'm sure she'll work it out.

Image: UNDYNE IS HELPING HER TOO! THOUGH, TO BE HONEST, HER METHOD OF HELPING... SEEMS KIND OF... EXPLOSION-INDUCING. BUT I THINK ALPHYS LIKES HAVING HER AROUND.

I promise you that any explosive interruption to Alphys's work is for the best.

Image: UH OH!!!

Image: Hey! What are you up to, punk!? Ngaaahhh!!!

Image: PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE PHONE.

Image: Hey! Who's in charge here!? Oh... yeah, that's right! I quit my job as leader of the Royal Guard. Actually, since we won't be fighting anymore... The Royal Guard totally disbanded. There's, uh, only one member now.

Image: BUT HE'S EXTREMELY GOOD.

Image: Yeah!! He is!!! C'mere!!

Image: PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE SKELETON.

Image: Anyways, now I'm working as Alphy's lab assistant...

...Alphy?

Image: We're gonna find a way out of this dump once and for all!! Oh, yeah, and I'm a gym teacher at the queen's new school. Did you know I can bench-press seven children!? Awesome, right??

Image: ...hey. I'm sorry about what happened with ASGORE. You were just doing what you had to. It's not your fault he...

Was getting ready to suicide and give me his soul, before being killed by Flowey. Which is what happens when Flowey is still playing at being incognito, remember?

Image: Ah, darn it. I miss the big guy. ...

Image: Come on, Undyne! Snap out of it! Uh, I guess I'll tell you how Alphys is doing. Well, she's the same as ever. Maybe a little more reclusive than normal. Seems like something is really bothering her... But she can get through it! I'm there supporting her!! That's what friends are for, right?

Just gals being pals. Without going on Alphys's date, Undyne has no idea how Alphys feels, and Alphys has no idea that Undyne feels the same way.

Image: Hey, where-ever you are... I hope it's better than here. It took a lot of sacrifice for you to get there... So where-ever you are... You have to try to be happy, okay? For our sakes! We'll feel better knowing our trouble was worth it. We're all with you! Everyone is! Even the queen!

Image: HEYYY! WAIT a second! TORIEL! TORIEL! Do you wanna...? ...heh, she says she's busy.

Image: BUT IF SHE KNEW WHO WE WERE TALKING TO...

Image: we wouldn't get the phone back for at least a few hours.

Image: WE HAVE THE MERCY TO SPARE YOU FROM HER!!

Image: But call back any time, ok?! She'd love to talk!

Image: oh, whoops. this thing's almost outta batteries. so, hate to cut this short, but...

Image: be seeing you, ok, buddy?

Image: BYE BYE FOR NOW!

Image: See ya, punk!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:53 pm

So reload from save, go back, date Alphys, hit up the True Lab...

Cherries do not fall up!

Groping around in the dark/smoky room in the True Lab reveals figures or objects, it's hard to tell which. One feels like it's breathing, one is in the shape of a man, one is warm and moist. Once you clear the air and light the room, it's a row of refrigerators. So that's weird and eerie.

You can in fact release the Endogeny by eating the Hush Puppy. Or you can go ahead and do the rest of the beckon/pet/play/pet routine, and...

All of the negative-space dogs under the bulk of Endogeny's quivering, slimy body are contented.

The rest of the True Lab and battle with Asriel play out as before.

Image: Well, we're all gonna be free, so I'll never see them again, at least!

I skipped playing mediator between Burgerpants and the alley girls, so he still resents them and they barely remember he exists.

I rescued Monster Kid specifically to find out what they say here.

Monster Kid: Maybe Undyne... Isn't actually as cool as I thought. She's just kinda... mean. But YO!!! I just found out about someone WAYYY cooler!!! Nyeh heh heh!!!

Telling Toriel you want to go with her.

Image: Frisk... You really are a funny child. If you had said that earlier, none of this would have happened. It is a good thing you took so long to change your mind. Hee hee hee. Well... I suppose. If you really do not have any other place to go... I will do my best to take care of you, for as long as you need. All right? Now come along. Everyone is waiting for us!

And away you go.

I'm still really bad at dodging credits. See anyone you recognize? Because I don't.

Instead of a group photo on the THE END screen, you're treated to Toriel leaving Frisk a slice of pie on the floor while they sleep in their new house. The layout of the room makes me think of Ness's bedroom from Earthbound. Cabinet, lamp, window, bed on the far right, door on the left... is Undertale 2 going to start with a fallen meteor in the hills nearby?

Probably not!

Healy

Postby Healy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Cool game. So what are you doing next?
*cough* GENOCIDE ROUTE *cough, cough*

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Healy wrote:Cool game. So what are you doing next?
*cough* GENOCIDE ROUTE *cough, cough*

beatbandito wrote:I forgot the true power of an R^2 LP was grinding beyond human capacity.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:32 am

wow, that cell phone to Toriel call while shitty dog is in your inventory. This game.
ImageImageImage