Game of Thrones: The TV Show

Destynova

Re: Game of Thrones: The TV Show

Postby Destynova » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 am

Too trite methinks, but since this is the cut down version no doubt that is how it will end up.

Plus there is the whole Dorne issue. Jamie and Cersei will both need to die before Dorne joins the clubhouse and Tyrion no doubt will be pissed that Myrcella was poisoned.

Destynova

Postby Destynova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:53 am

Welp.

This brings a whole new meaning to the words 'King's Landing'.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:11 am

what, did tommen get defenestrated or something

(I don't watch the TV show)
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Killed himself, yeah.
ImageImageImage

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:49 pm

well, there goes everyone exploding

Grath

Postby Grath » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

RIP natalie dormer's boobs. Also some other people died. Arya is back in Westeros killing people like a badass. Things come to karmic full circles: Walder Frey's throat being slit mirrors Catelyn Stark's throat slitting, the last Lannister child dies by falling out of a window... Also, Jon Snow was born under a bleeding star: the sword Dawn was literally forged from a fallen star and was leaned up, covered in blood, against the foot of the bed. So R+L=J who is The Prince The Was Promised/Azor Ahai. He was reborn from smoke (Melisandre and her demon smoke baby) and salt (Ser Davos). Only thing missing is waking dragons from stone, so there may be something like Dany and Jon together are Azor Ahai and they end up getting married and having incest babies, which would be fitting since they're both Targaryens anyways.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:50 pm

ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:57 pm

I hope Sharkey wasn't triggered by that brutal depiction of a razor baby attack.

Destynova

Postby Destynova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Too bad Marg's full plan wasn't revealed, but much like the Red Wedding, death cuts everything short.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:30 am

It's not really that hard to imagine her plan, but it'd have been nice to see her get the best of the High Sparrow, yeah.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:49 am

Grath wrote:RIP natalie dormer's boobs. Also some other people died. Arya is back in Westeros killing people like a badass. Things come to karmic full circles: Walder Frey's throat being slit mirrors Catelyn Stark's throat slitting, the last Lannister child dies by falling out of a window... Also, Jon Snow was born under a bleeding star: the sword Dawn was literally forged from a fallen star and was leaned up, covered in blood, against the foot of the bed. So R+L=J who is The Prince The Was Promised/Azor Ahai. He was reborn from smoke (Melisandre and her demon smoke baby) and salt (Ser Davos). Only thing missing is waking dragons from stone, so there may be something like Dany and Jon together are Azor Ahai and they end up getting married and having incest babies, which would be fitting since they're both Targaryens anyways.

And Jaime is put in the position of serving a monarch who did the exact thing he killed the Mad King for threatening to do.

Cersei is fucked. The tables are turned; the Lannisters in King's Landing are no longer the overwhelming force set to repel all invaders and pretenders. Her alliances are in tatters, she's got at least three of the Seven Kingdoms coming after her and two that might want to join in, and the show's had some pretty pointed things to say about the efficacy of leading by fear alone. The only thing she has to bargain with is the threat of taking the entire fucking capitol down with her when she goes -- and I get the impression Jaime's not going to let that happen.

Course, the popular fan theory is that Dany's foretold "betrayal for love" will be by Tyrion to protect Jaime. Jaime betraying Cersei and Tyrion betraying Dany to protect Jaime aren't exactly mutually exclusive, but I'm not quite sure how both of them can happen and in what order. Looking forward to finding out.

But it's going to be very, very interesting seeing Cersei, at long last, backed into a corner with nothing left to lose.

Rumor is there are two shortened seasons left. Presumably season 7 at last wraps up the Game of Thrones and unites Westeros under Daenerys, clearing the table for season 8 to at last get down to the business of invading zombie hordes.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 pm

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:40 pm

oh my god

RICKON'S DIREWOLF WAS CALLED SHAGGYDOG

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Yeah, didn't he name it when he was like, 5? I think I named my rabbits "Treelicker" and "Bunnyhopper."

EDIT: no, wait, it was "Treekicker."
ImageImageImage

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:03 pm

No, I mean, Rickon Stark's LIFE is a shaggy dog story.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:44 pm

oh, yeah, that too.

I have been known to kick trees and hop like a bunny, I guess.
ImageImageImage

Destynova

Postby Destynova » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:52 am

Thad wrote:And Jaime is put in the position of serving a monarch who did the exact thing he killed the Mad King for threatening to do.

Cersei is fucked. The tables are turned; the Lannisters in King's Landing are no longer the overwhelming force set to repel all invaders and pretenders. Her alliances are in tatters, she's got at least three of the Seven Kingdoms coming after her and two that might want to join in, and the show's had some pretty pointed things to say about the efficacy of leading by fear alone. The only thing she has to bargain with is the threat of taking the entire fucking capitol down with her when she goes -- and I get the impression Jaime's not going to let that happen.

Course, the popular fan theory is that Dany's foretold "betrayal for love" will be by Tyrion to protect Jaime. Jaime betraying Cersei and Tyrion betraying Dany to protect Jaime aren't exactly mutually exclusive, but I'm not quite sure how both of them can happen and in what order. Looking forward to finding out.

But it's going to be very, very interesting seeing Cersei, at long last, backed into a corner with nothing left to lose.

Rumor is there are two shortened seasons left. Presumably season 7 at last wraps up the Game of Thrones and unites Westeros under Daenerys, clearing the table for season 8 to at last get down to the business of invading zombie hordes.

Cersei's sanity has gone so far away that she should be dropping 'Fthgn'. She didn't bat an eye at Tommen's death and just ordered him burned, In fact, instead of swooping in to do a quick clean-up consolidation of power or make sure her son was secure, she headed down to give Shame Nun a waterboarding.

Even worse for Shame Nun since Gregor at least would get bored and finish her off. FrankenGregor has nothing but lots of time.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:59 am

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:12 pm

(From an SNL sketch apparently)

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:34 pm

(EDIT: I have no idea what this is doing in this thread but I suspect I hit Ctrl-F and typed "TV".)

And we haven't even gotten to Gillian Anderson as Lucille Ball asking Shadow if he wants to see her tits.