Our Boys In Blue

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:52 am

Not strictly a police thing, but directly related to one of the more famous recent shootings, so I'm putting this here.

Gawker (yes, yes, I know): Cleveland EMS is going to court to attempt to recover the $500 they're owed for Tamir Rice's ambulance ride.

This does not seem like a good idea.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:40 pm

In slightly lighter news:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-beware- ... s/38524764

BOSTON —Police in central Massachusetts are warning residents to be on the lookout for men who may be challenging passersby to a rap battle.

Charlton police said a black SUV with two or three men in their late teens or early 20s inside, pulled up to three young teenage boys on Dresser Hill Road at about 3 p.m. on Saturday.

One of the men -- described as having brown hair and a pale complexion, wearing a gray T-shirt, gray pants and open-toed sandals -- got out of the vehicle and started rapping while the other men asked the boys if they wanted to "spit some bars" with them.

When the boys declined, the SUV drove off.

"Although this was suspicious behavior and frightening to the boys, nothing made this appear to be an attempted abduction," Charlton police posted on Facebook.

Anyone with credible information about the incident is asked to call 508-248-2250.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon May 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Second officer in Freddie Gray case just got acquitted on all changes - every one of them.

Stand by for action...

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Also, we are now 0 for 3 on Freddie Gray and that was the most serious charge of the lot.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Mongrel wrote:Also, we are now 0 for 3 on Freddie Gray and that was the most serious charge of the lot.

Guess we can cross that last one off the list:

As for how the hell he died?

*shrug*

Everything's fine, everything has always been fine, and everything will be fine.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:16 pm

And now Barrel Roll Cop gets to walk, too.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. After what happened with Tamir Rice, I doubt anything short of a cop ramming a special ed bus with a police MRAP would get an indictment these days.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:00 pm

So you know how you'd read an article about someone frustrated at the lack of action by the police to do things about online threats and harassment? And there'd usually be a police spokesperson wringing their hands about how they don't have the tools to confront the issue?

Turns out they do, but only if it's a cop that's threatened.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Some of those could well be considered a threat or incitement to violence. Saying you agree with the shooters is definitely not. Anyone who says that is a living shit, but that's not actually an arrestable offence.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:08 pm

Not that that's stopping the cops from making said arrests!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Another attack on police, this time in Baton Rouge. No details yet but three policemen are dead.

Rico

Postby Rico » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Cop shoots prone, hands-raised, unarmed caregiver helping unarmed autistic man.

Administrative leave, isolated incident, thought toy truck was gun, etc.

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 pm

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:58 pm

We got a company-wide "what to do if a mass shooting happens here" email today, which is apparently a thing that we need now.

There were the cursory "run, hide and call 911" instructions to get away from the actual attacker... and then the bulk of the memo was specific instructions about what to do when the police show up, so that THEY don't shoot you.

As it stands right now, if it's just a lone psychopath I think I'd rather take my chances charging in with a bowling trophy than trying to call down a twitchy militia on my location.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Kind of feels like calling the cops for anything less than general fucking Zod showing up is like burning your house down and then shooting yourself because you saw a spider.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Brentai wrote:We got a company-wide "what to do if a mass shooting happens here" email today, which is apparently a thing that we need now.

There were the cursory "run, hide and call 911" instructions to get away from the actual attacker... and then the bulk of the memo was specific instructions about what to do when the police show up, so that THEY don't shoot you.

As it stands right now, if it's just a lone psychopath I think I'd rather take my chances charging in with a bowling trophy than trying to call down a twitchy militia on my location.

So, Lieutenant Gordon facepalming whenever he hears Commissioner Leob's called in Branden.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Considering I work at a university in Colorado I've gotten surprisingly few instructions for what to do if there's an active shooter on campus or in the dining room. I mean, it's really only a matter of time, given the circumstances. I guess all there is to do is duck out the back and leg it.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:21 am

Brentai wrote:We got a company-wide "what to do if a mass shooting happens here" email today, which is apparently a thing that we need now.

It's simple: All you have to do is be lying on the ground, with your hands up, calmly informing the police that there is no threat in your immediate area, AND you have to not be near an autistic man playing with a toy truck.