GOP Will Shit Itself

Blossom

Re: GOP Will Shit Itself

Postby Blossom » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Yes it did.

Also, the speechwriter who took the fall for the plagiarized speech? Might not exist.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:39 pm

TA wrote:Also, the speechwriter who took the fall for the plagiarized speech? Might not exist.

As good as the story sounds, it don't wash.

Buzzfeed of all places has a pretty exhaustive article confirming she's real, employed by Trump as a writer, etc. and if Buzzfeed rubs you the wrong way, well, NYT confirmed her as real as well.

That said, that just makes this a different story. Why or who is going around setting up fake Facebook pages for this writer in an effort to make her seem like an imaginary scapegoat? Journalists looking to "create" the next big story (best guess, I suppose)? Overeager Trump staff (which seems to make no sense, but since when has that stopped Trump or his staff? OMGDEMOCRAT CONSPIRACYYYY (lol)?

The whole thing is a fascinating look at how weird the journalistic arms race has become.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:05 pm

While I doubt she's not a real person, she certainly does seem to be someone who's name and image is used as a professional scapegoat for any factual issues with his books.

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 am

the ingraham thing feels like a reach

(ho ho)

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:00 pm

The best part is the moment where she realizes what she's doing and tries to play it off.

Meanwhile, all this talk of Cruz risking his political future assumes that he had a political future to risk. Cruz's popularity is the second most unlikely thing to have happened in this race, and I think he's as likely to get the nomination next time as the last second-place finisher was to get it this time. (I think it was Santorum but it might have been Paul. Doesn't matter; my point works either way.)

I don't think Cruz will have much trouble getting reelected in 2018. And if he decides to leave the Senate to run for Governor of Texas, he could pull that off too. But I don't think he's even remotely got a shot at the presidency.

Course, I was dead-nuts wrong about Trump, so I could be about Cruz too. But Cruz doesn't have that brash, school-bully charisma that Trump does. He's a smug prick with no friends and a weird face, who only got any endorsements because he was the last man standing against Trump. (Lindsey Graham compared it to voting to be poisoned instead of shot, because at least if you're poisoned you might have time to find an antidote.) If 2020's anywhere close to as weird as 2016 has been, then I can't rule anything out (hey guys, I'll be old enough to run myself), but I think Cruz has hit a ceiling and doesn't know it.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Thad 4 Prez

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 pm

As the friend who sent this commented:

I always love when a Republican accidentally outright says the thing they are constantly implying, and then has to walk it back.

Afterwards he probably looked at his handlers like "Wait, was.... was I not supposed to say that? we say that kind of shit all the time, I don't get it?"

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:55 pm

"If elected, I will steal your money and give it to my rich white friends and myself."

"You mean, uh, you'll lower taxes on the super rich and increase them on the middle class and poor?"

"No no, I will personally break into your house and rob you. I also despise minorities, and will kill any I encounter."

EDIT: "Wow, this guy really speaks his mind!"
ImageImageImage

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Finally a man brave enough to make sweeping statements about an entire race without being afraid of being labeled an *AIR QUOTES* "racist" *AIR QUOTES*

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Some REAL choice cuts of crazy coming out of the right now that the hurricane's hit.

Rush Limbaugh wrote:It’s in the interest of the left to have destructive hurricanes because then they can blame it on climate change.”

(souce)

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:30 am

The greatest part of it is that FEMA is pulling its hair out because these guys seem to have actually convinced the deplorables to staunchly refuse to evacuate or prepare for the hurricane in any way.

I hate claiming Darwinism when stuff like this happens but... but... you know...

*exaggeratedly gestures*
*exaggeratedly shrugs*

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:57 am

Rush Limbaugh wrote:It’s in the interest of the left to have destructive hurricanes because then they can blame it on climate change.”

Wow, that's...pretty close to Colbert's "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

François

Postby François » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 am

To promote ignorance is to fight against reality, and every so often to provoke it to fight back.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:06 am

Yeah that's another thing. Remember when Pat Robertson blamed Katrina on abortion? How come when natural disasters happen when, say, Donald Trump is running for President, it's never God's punishment for that?

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:36 am

Brentai wrote:The greatest part of it is that FEMA is pulling its hair out because these guys seem to have actually convinced the deplorables to staunchly refuse to evacuate or prepare for the hurricane in any way.

I hate claiming Darwinism when stuff like this happens but... but... you know...

*exaggeratedly gestures*
*exaggeratedly shrugs*

Makes you wonder about the electoral impact of this hurricane, what with Florida being a battleground state.

If only because it's something else to think about.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:48 am

Didn't Rove make some excuses about how Romney would have won if not for Sandy?

As far as impact on the election, well, it's tight but Clinton's been pretty consistently ahead. If she pulls out a win, I don't think we can attribute it to Matthew. If she loses, well, I guess it's possible Matthew could be one factor, but it's probably going to be pretty hard to prove a statistically significant relationship.

It's tough. I've got family in Florida. I wasn't there but I heard a story about a family gathering where somebody said something dismissive after Katrina about "Why didn't they get out of there when they were told?" and my great-grandmother (who was living in Alabama by then but lived in Florida most of her life) responded that evacuation warnings are frequent, you never know for sure which storms are going to be severe and which ones are going to blow over, and for a lot of people -- the poor, the elderly, the infirm -- it's just not feasible to evacuate every time the government tells you to.

My contempt for Limbaugh is boundless. But my heart goes out to anybody who's left behind there, for whatever reason it may be. I hope everybody stays as safe as they can out there.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Man, every time I see Reince Priebus mentioned in the news or elsewhere, I have to stop and consciously mentally correct myself that his name is not in fact "Prince Rebus".

I'm toying with the idea that I should stop bothering.

EDIT: I was talking with a friend about this and his reply was:

Take out the vowels and you have RNC PR BS

It's no Grow A Penis but it's all right

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:38 pm

BoingBoing: Alt-Right conspiracy image generator

Pfffffhahahahaha

EDIT:

The article images are dynamic, so you can F5 all day for endless laughs.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Seems like there might be a teeeeny little liability issue here.

Which is the least ridiculous aspect of this.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Mongrel wrote:Image

GOP Will Shoot Itself.