Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

sei

Re: Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

Postby sei » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Mongrel wrote:
Bal wrote:TALKING ABOUT BEING A NAZI IS THE BEHAVIOR

Sure, fine! We were just talking at cross-purposes. Confusion cleared up then.

we were talking at burning cross purposes actually

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:06 am

Mongrel wrote:Look, to all of the above, let's go back a step.

Bal posted

"I'm totally NOT a Nazi but please read my essay on killing all the blacks as a means of social engineering, not that we would, just a thought experiment"

So we've already got a situation where someone is denying being a Nazi but posting something hateful. Now Bal's example is an exaggerated one to make his point.

Again, this is not an exaggerated example, this is literally Richard Spencer and an article Richard Spencer published.
Please stop assuming we're making everything up for rhetorical points.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:11 am

TA wrote:
Mongrel wrote:Look, to all of the above, let's go back a step.

Bal posted

"I'm totally NOT a Nazi but please read my essay on killing all the blacks as a means of social engineering, not that we would, just a thought experiment"

So we've already got a situation where someone is denying being a Nazi but posting something hateful. Now Bal's example is an exaggerated one to make his point.

Again, this is not an exaggerated example, this is literally Richard Spencer and an article Richard Spencer published.
Please stop assuming we're making everything up for rhetorical points.

Exaggerated in the sense that it was extreme, not that it was not real. I know that shit's real.

Sorry, that's my fault, I probably could have used a better word... like extreme!

Rico

Rico

Postby Rico » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:18 am

Mongrel wrote:I think they're right to be mad too! But man, there aren't enemies lurking behind every bush on the brontoforums. My posts are fine if you accept the premise that I'm not against you.

What are we at, now? 8? 10 people? If 8-10 people in this small of a setting all share the same opinion of your writing and that opinion is not what you meant, it's probably not the reader's fault.

Mongrel

Re: Rico

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 am

Rico wrote:
Mongrel wrote:I think they're right to be mad too! But man, there aren't enemies lurking behind every bush on the brontoforums. My posts are fine if you accept the premise that I'm not against you.

What are we at, now? 8? 10 people? If 8-10 people in this small of a setting all share the same opinion of your writing and that opinion is not what you meant, it's probably not the reader's fault.

People are mad at me ITT, but only you and Defen have said that you think I'm trolling. So I count two.

Most of the rest of you just seem to think I'm ignorant or imagine I want to put abstract moral principles above your corpses (the latter at least is incorrect).

But you know what? Fuck counting or figuring out who's in what "camp", because I mean really.

Look, you think I'm trolling. I think you're angry. Well I'm not trolling. How 'bout we just drop this line from this thread?

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

Mongrel wrote:
Joxam wrote:I just feel like you're telling us we have to step over the first wave of bodies to defend them, and maybe you're not, and maybe I'm just too angry about our current presidental situation (he gag ordered the EPA and the USDA today, and tomorrow it goes on and on), but that enrages me.

Man, no.

I have said in post after post after post that we should defend ourselves. I have talked about armed self-defence from Civil Rights leaders. I agreed with Friday's Han Solo analogy even. Greedo has a gun. He's there to shoot you or at least drag you away to an uncertain fate with a high chance of death. You're in a lawless town. Capping that fucker 1977-style is A-FUCKIN'-OK in my book.

It is PRECISELY because everyone is angry that I am trying desperately to talk to you guys, to try and not let your anger run away with you.

Look, I am a huge coward. I spend my whole life afraid of everything. And I'm in many ways deeply pessimistic. When I guessed Trump might be elected, part of that was simply because I'm just that sort of guy who expects the worst. When Thad posts about the arc of history bending towards justice I'm here silently shaking my head, remembering the weight of untold thousands of years of death and horror and misery that this species has accumulated. You gotta work hard for justice - and sometimes you screw it up anyway. Sometimes it all slips away even when you did everything right.

A lot of you live better lives that that. You're better people. You think positively and have positive attitudes.

But here's the thing. I'm so used to being afraid all the time, that I have to overcome this shit to function as a basic human being. So I ask myself what does a person do when they are not afraid, and I try as hard as I can to do that. I am not inured to it, but I am used to it.

For some of you though, this may be the first time, you're really afraid of what might happen in a genuinely evil world. I don't know. I've known you all for a long time, but that's really personal, so I don't want to assume. I know some of you have faced death before. Others have faced hatred and attacks. But when that feeling of fear and helplessness grabs you by the throat, is a feeling so awful. If you don't feel it constantly, it must be a hell of a shock - and I can't even imagine how harsh a blow it is for someone to feel that way for the first time. What a person might consider doing in that moment is something they might never have considered doing up to that point and worst of all, the action they choose may only wind up hurting them even more.

I....

Are you literally the worst fucking arguer or what? You are telling me you are not trolling and yet this is what you come up with?

Is there a word stronger than whitesplaining because holy shit man I'm having a hard time with keeping my cool on this one.

You are literally a white man from an entire different fucking country explain fear to a minority in fucking USA.

You've been afraid your entire fucking life, good for you. What the fuck does that have to do with one man getting punched in the fucking face in DC?

People sometimes think you're a jew. Well OK Macklemore what the fuck does that have to do with a man getting hit in the face in DC?

What the fuck are you even arguing at this point? A guy got punched in the face and collectively we all went, "Quite."

And two days latere you're lecturing motherfuckers on the validity of and semantics behind and labeling of resistance against 'nazis'.

Bal

Postby Bal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 am

I don't think you're trolling, Mongrel. I think you're a pampered moron.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 am

I'm not explaining anything Jox other than where *I'm* coming from.

I say right in that post I don't want to assume, that I CANNOT speak for you guys PRECISELY BECAUSE I know I can't. I said that I know others of you have already faced this shit before and that I DON'T KNOW if my experience is similar to what any of you may or may not have felt in the past.

I'm sure I could have written that all out better, to make it seem less like I am implying that you, Joxam, are personally feeling fear for the first time. I used my reply to you as a springboard to address everyone in general terms and that was a mistake.

But that information is all right there in my post, poorly-written as it may be. When I said "I know some of you have faced hatred before" and that such people would be like me, more familiar with fear, you were literally the first person I was thinking of. I should have made that clear.

I know that all I can do is share what *I* know. You can do the same. You have in the past already.

sei

Postby sei » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 am

Joxam wrote:whitesplaining
Fuck off.

Joxam wrote:You are literally a white man from an entire different fucking country explain fear to a minority in fucking USA.
This is a much better way of putting it.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 am

Bal wrote:I don't think you're trolling, Mongrel. I think you're a pampered moron.

I mean, this is actually a fine reply and a very old argument. Street fightin' dude argues to hit things and ivory tower guy argues about puffy high-minded shit like principles and long-term outcomes.

False equivalences aside, history generally works out in between the two.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:07 am

sei wrote:
Joxam wrote:whitesplaining
Fuck off.

Gottem.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:07 am

Can someone find Kazz and just have him post his ass in this thread a bunch of times

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:17 am

Right?

You're all on the same team here when it comes to basic fucking human decency. Shake hands. Good game.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 am

Found it.

[Mothra edit: Replacing what was just an infinite wall of Kazz's asses.
lyrai edit: replacing it with a Safe-For-Work Wall of Ass

Lyrai

[Mothra edit: Replacing a wall of Kazz ass.]

Lyrai

[Mothra edit: Replacing a wall of Kazz ass.]

Lyrai