In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Wheels

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Wheels » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Which, having a PAX panel or being censored by executive order?
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:06 am

Both.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 pm

I guess I'm still sleep talking and having whole conversations with Des. Last one was, by her account:

"I've got to go."
"You can't."
"I have to."
"You can't go. They're going to show us a baby."
"What? No. You're asleep."
"It's okay, it's new. It just needs oxygen and aluminum."

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 am

I just had an AMAZING dream
it started with somebody installing "Trump.exe" to the internet, a program that ran our economy
and then it was terrible and shitty so they tried to uninstall it
but it just kept making huge ALL CAPS posts whenever they clicked uninstall about how stupid everyone was
so it completely wrecked the country by wasting billions of dollars
and vampires saw this as an opportunity, and moved in
and then it cut to Nathan Fillion in the parking lot of this huge strip mall with all these idiotic stores with huge names in glitter and neon lights
pimped out gaudy as hell white house in the background
and he was walking his dog
and he sees this tiny little asian women walking her pit bull
down a path on one side of the lot
so he goes over and sort of walks up behind her and taps her on the shoulder
she turns and says hello
he sort of signs awkwardly at her
and then bends down to the dirt to write his name with a little stick
and she says "oh, hello nathan, it's nice to meet you"
then he points at her
she says oh my name is Rianna
then he takes her over to this table and shows her all this random stuff
and she keeps putting it together, like a puzzle, to form a sentence
and finally he shows her a mirror and she doesn't reflect and her face is like O_O and he stakes her all the sudden and she melts
and then he says "Why is that so ADDICTING?!"
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Last night I dreamed I was watching the DCAU Justice League cartoon, and it was this weird episode where Lex Luthor had built a bomb, but instead of exploding, it unfolded into a new space station. His plan was to have governments and organizations fight over it, because no one could decide who it belonged to, being in space.

There was also a subplot of this story, where this alien showed up without a home. He looked like a fat blue elf with locs, and called himself "Do-Gooder Jones." In case you hadn't guessed, everyone decides to give Do-Gooder Jones the new space station so he can build it into an amusement park.

Do-Gooder Jones was voiced by Ernest Borgnine.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Ernie ;____;

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:08 pm

I seem to be getting way more REM sleep or something in the past few weeks. I'm dreaming more and and more often and remembering more of it. Often with many different dreams per night.

Of note one dream had me telling a friend about an sketch from Monty Python where John Cleese is driving a black MG when he accidentally crashes into a parked car or sidewall on a country road. He's apologetic but manages to infuriate the locals and so runs from the scene of the accident in a nice suit and driving gloves while being followed by an ever-growing mob chasing him as he progressively causes more and more accidental chaos apologizing all the while. He runs through progressively more urban areas and by the end of the sketch he's being followed by a massive mob through hairpin cobbled streets surrounded by by four-story Victorian and Tudor buildings in a nice part of London. The mob includes a full band on mopeds, scooters, etc., which is collectively playing the chase music for the sketch, including a cornet player on a blue moped who can do ridiculous spin stunts.

That took place in the middle of another whole dream where I was visiting Australia for *business reasons* (???) and connived it so that I could visit Aussie friends and in turn met some friends of theirs at a big BBQ where we talked motorbikes and mopeds and things and there was a whole deal about the airline that brought me back being super sketchy.

I also dreamt an entire life saga of a Norwegian bodybuilder carpenter pilot and his son who is mistaken for the second coming Jesus in a small village after the father crashes his plane and dies there in the early 20th century, complete with a life long romance hunt by one of the women in the village for the not-Jesus kid after he grows up and leaves (seriously, like I dreamed an entire European historical novel).

There was a crazy psychedelic Star Wars dream too which went on for some time. Something about the Emperor using phase shifts to steal Yoda's teachings to teach his Hands with, so that it turned out that Mara Jade used some kind of magic hotel revolving door to phase through reality and retroactively watch Yoda teach Luke to learn basic force skills. But there was more... some whole extended EU adventure I don't entirely recall, but it was pretty weird and involved a lot of bizarrely mis-scaled things.

This was all just one night. This sort of thing is getting to be a normal night for me.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:32 am

Setting is my parents' house. The basement has a sliding glass door looking out on the woodsy back yard. Suddenly, a bunch of woodland animals are running through the trees, scrabbling up against the glass doors, terrified, trying to get in. I look out to see what's happening, and I see the human-shaped hordes on the horizon.
Thousands of them. Getting closer.
They're....holding protest signs.

I run around the house, bolting doors and locking windows. They've surrounded the house now.
In my bedroom, one of them starts to break through. It...hands me a pamphlet. Something about how job opportunities for men have been decreasing since women joined the workforce.
I push it back out the window and barricade it shut.

(This is probably the silliest, yet most-linear dream I've ever had.)

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Sounds pretty nightmarish to me.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Silversong wrote:Setting is my parents' house. The basement has a sliding glass door looking out on the woodsy back yard. Suddenly, a bunch of woodland animals are running through the trees, scrabbling up against the glass doors, terrified, trying to get in.

Had to double-check and make sure this wasn't Friday posting.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 am

if it was my dream the Deer would have already been inside the house, behind me the whole time
ImageImageImage

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Okay, this was fucking weird one. Both in content, and in how coherent my brain kept the batshit narrative.

Pretty sure this was heavily influenced from A) the amount of work I've been doing, B) the internet, which I've been on more than usual as I shove it into the margins of work as a distraction, and C) miyazaki movies??? Which I haven't seen one of in a few years.

Dream begins:

All of my co-workers and I are all working regular jobs in a vast, strange, metropolis-like streampunkish miyazaki-style city. At one point I see a huge golden cyber circle viewscreen that looks very eloquent and aged, displaying that coal is a really great fuel source that is coming out soon and how It IT IS NOT AT ALL POLLUTING. Those words are in caps. It also points out VERY firmly and also in all caps that our leader "IS STRAIGHT" and "IS NOT A HOMOSEXUAL."

My regular job is interrupted when, like a fire drill, everyone in my section of the city are required to go into the undercity for something called ‘the tilt’. Down in this undercity there are a string of shops around a corner I think I saw In Overwatch.

I go into one shop thinking it's like this candy store, only to see my boss, my boss’ boss, and that older 60-something co-worker walk in and look at a viewscreen, where my gay boss describes that they need to enter in what her sexual gender preference is in this medical database, and that she can type in whatever she feels like (he doesn't want to pressure her one way or another). She doesn't seem at all put off by this and it seems totally routine. I decide that I should not be here for this sensitive information and leave, starting towards the ACTUAL candy store to get something. Before I can, however, an emergency alarm sounds - one I was apparently expecting sooner or later - I gather my stuff and my coat, and I follow people out.

It's here that my work people disappear from the dream completely, and I'm now with two people, one of which I know as a friend in the dream, but have never met in real life. Both are just completely dream-manufactured people, as far as I can remember. One of them might have looked a lot like Julian from The Flash.

Once we're out, I meet up with my friend and this Julian guy, who seems nice enough, but I somehow know from the start that I totally do not agree with this dude on a lot of issues. He also makes some really poor-taste jokes I don't know how to react to. At this point in the dream I think I've decided he's probably shitty, and my brain does that thing where it changes the narrative to match what's on my mind (this happens a lot in my dreams).

We emerge from the undercity to see a massive, four-legged walking city before us. I move Julian back a couple of steps as one of the legs move, and we stare at the massive event till it plops down its spider leg a few blocks away. We then move out of the way of some cars that were waiting behind us, then start to walk for the other leg, marching up the incline of the leg in a huge single-file army line.

Me and Julian then somehow get on the subject of race, where he reveals that he thinks that there's too many other races around and there has to be some way to genocide them all without violence. I kinda retort with how it's impossible to control how human populations expand without some kind of violence, so even if you wanted to, there's no way to kill like all races but do violently do it like the nazis. It's not a great conversation, to say the least. But, he's also in my squad in what is now shaping up to look like an army, so we have to get along and I don't say anything that would be accusatory. Definitely sure he's a white supremacist at this point though.

We board the mini-city spider walker, at which point it lifts off and goes REALLY fucking high. I hear there's going to be a propaganda movie and everyone I'm with is psyched. We go up to the very very roof of what is apparently a weird multi-balloon blimp, with one main lower bulk, and tons of smaller blimp balloons attached everywhere, by scaffolding that is very very sparse. There are no railings anywhere, and there are gaps to fall to your death EVRRYWHERE. People carefully move onto these various blimps, and my friends deposit me into a little section of one that is below the side of a larger one, with enough space for me to lie down, and headboard-like wall behind me had. My feet ARE AT the edge. I could fall off and to my death at any time. We all consider this normal. This is expected of us.

Movie starts, and it's miyazaki-animated. Very quickly they get to a part of the movie where the evil army attacks our army. There is a TON of scenes of guys dropping from a plane above, shooting while they fall, getting a few kills, then falling into the void below to their deaths. Nobody wears parachutes. Basically 1 out of every 2 soldiers who drops to attack don't hit the balloon and just fall to their death. This is completely normal and nobody has ever devised a better way of doing this. In my mind I am sure that this is the way this war must be fought.

I get freaked out by the lack of edges and the huge drop, and start breathing heavily as I try to pull myself together to climb out and leave to the safety of the inside of the blimp. I can't bring myself to move. I great more and more panicked until at last, I wake up.

Kind of a weird one.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:07 pm

I had a dream the other night where I ran into JonTron near FaceToFace Games here in Toronto and he started talking to me about black-on-black crime and how immigrants were destroying our great nation and I was like, whoa, I don't have any TTC tokens and I left my coat in the store, why don't you go on ahead

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:11 pm

Mothra wrote:One of them might have looked a lot like Julian from The Flash.

I kinda love that your reference point for Tom Felton is "Julian from The Flash" and not "Malfoy from Harry Potter".

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 am

... holy shit, I did not realize that was the same guy.

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 am

He does look pretty different with the beard, and I probably wouldn't have recognized him right away if I hadn't noticed his name in the credits. But they lay it on pretty thick in a few of his speeches about how unfair it is that everybody loves Barry even though he's a screwup.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:45 am

(Although come to think of it, "I didn't recognize him" is probably the highest compliment you can pay a former child actor from a blockbuster franchise that everybody saw.)

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:42 am

I didn't see 'em past the third, which might contribute to it.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm

...hello? Dreamland Rentals? Yes, it's me again... Yes, I have a problem again! You sent me the wrong goddamned videos three nights in a row!

Well, I thought I ordered A Paladin's Passion: The Sound of Falling Snow... Wha- okay, yes, it's the smutty one from the shameful slash-fiction folder. Don't fucking judge, it's downright vanilla compared to some of the- no, that's not what I got at all... Stress dreams! All I've been getting for the past three nights are stress dreams! ...what, did someone tape over it? Or did you must misread Visions of Hell 5? Fat-fingered the name into the computer? ...oh, suuure, happens to the best of us... Well, I was expecting tender moments as WoW characters sit out a sudden snowstorm. But instead I get grey people shackled naked to gray buildings, tormented by a capra demon with a captive bolt gun who enjoyed passing eternity by inflicting wounds that never healed... yeah, not what I asked for! I don't recall ever asking for that!

...yes, I'm demanding a refund! An apology at least, but a refund is defini- hello?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:33 pm

I napped today and then things got weird.

In my dream I started down one of my usual obnoxious probably analyzable dreams. I'm on a train going somewhere far away and I know for certain I'm missing something, whatever that something is it's important but it's not really clear what that something is, just that its absence has turned whatever this trip is from a pleasant jaunt to something irreparably bungled. Pretty typical in both form and probable meaning. Then I woke up in the dream into another dream, but this one was just about deliriously waking up in the room I was in reality totally sleeping in. Wandered around the room terrified as to why my computer was not turning on then woke up again, in the exact same room, myself similarly mildly delirious, but the room in a greater state of mess and mild decay. The place still believably the place I was actually sleeping, but more messy and altogether as though it had gone a few months without being cleaned. Dream me became very concerned that he had failed to procure a variety of things and generally again proceeded to stumble into and fall over shit.Then I actually woke up and wondered if it was another fucking dream because it was the third time I could recall waking up in this room without being certain I actually had.