Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 am

Yeah okay, sounds like they're just straight-up assholes then.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Just... Charlottesville was only... *breathes into a paper bag* ...okay. You can do this, Hardly.

Mongrel wrote:Yeah, it could be taken as them trolling Nazis, but the thing that nags at the back of my head is that the costumes are just a liiiiiiittle too accurate. They have division wristbands and special hello kitty iron crosses and everything.

Poe's law IRL, I guess.

If you're going to parade around in Nazi uniforms these days, you better be on your way to a production of Springtime for Hitler. We're in a time where we apparently have to remind people that Nazis are bad, so you better make your parody crystal fucking clear if you don't want to catch flak.

Or hey! If you want to dress as fascists without getting in trouble, why not some fictional alternatives? The Helghast are pretty Nazi-esque and safely fictional, so there's that. Or it'd be fun to dress as Civil Protection and demand people pick up cans. Or an Imperium Commissar? Hell! You can even do those in pink with Hello Kitty armbands! Just... if you don't want to be associated with actual Nazis, don't dress like one!
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 pm

What's amazing is that Nazi uniforms changed to be Hello Kitty themed really aren't crystal clear parody.

As they say, what a time to be alive.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm

As if we needed any further reasoning, THIS is part of why geeks are so protective if their culture.

Bal

Postby Bal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Even while I was typing my post, I could see the image up there, and the accuracy of the uniforms is definitely what gave me the most pause. Those are some incredibly accurate SS uniforms that happen to have Hello Kitty on them. If the over all color scheme were pinks and whites, for instance, I would think it more likely to be good-natured parody instead of Trojan Nazis, which I suspect is actually the case. Either that or the indistinguishable and basically just as terrible "trolling".

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they just ordered actual expensive replica SS uniforms and modified them (or paid someone to do so).

Rico

Postby Rico » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Meanwhile, Sunday in Seattle, man goes downtown wearing a straight-up Nazi armband throws a banana at a man, calls him an ape, and just gets absolutely, Batman-to-Guy-Gardner ruined. Police arrive a few minutes later, he takes off his armband and leaves without providing any information.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Punching a Nazi is ethically defensible, but punching a Nazi that threw a banana at you and called you an ape is legally defensible. Not talking to a cop about it is basically the only thing he did that wasn't a massive fuckup.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

nosimpleway (tweet thread) wrote:Aw, he looks so peaceful when he's asleep.

I'm... this is going to be awkward.

I had some minor freakout seeing him knocked out like that. He almost looks like he's sucking his thumb as he's laying there knocked out. Then I remember how my son still does that. Then I realize this asshole used to be someone else's baby. Then I start wondering how we got here. Like, how did we go from adorable little idiot trying to ride the cat, to unconscious in the subway with a swastika on his sleeve?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Lack of more positive examples in his life, probably. I don't see your kid ever being down there.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Sharkey wrote:Punching a Nazi is ethically defensible, but punching a Nazi that threw a banana at you and called you an ape is legally defensible. Not talking to a cop about it is basically the only thing he did that wasn't a massive fuckup.

Yeah, that guy was straight up asking for it. I don't even mean that in a quasi-metaphorical way; he wanted something to happen, he just got more than he bargained for.

Postby Newbie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 am

Meanwhile, Daryl Davis, the black guy who befriended dozens of KKK members and got whole chapters of the Klan to dissolve, hosted an AMA on Reddit.

People make the mistake of forming anti-racist groups that are rendered ineffective from the start because ONLY invite those who share their beliefs to their meetings.
  • Provide a safe neutral meeting place.
  • Learn as much as you can about the ideology of a racist or perceived racist in your area.
  • Invite that person to meet with your group.
*VERY IMPORTANT - LISTEN to that person. What is his/her primary concern? Place yourself in their shoes. What would you do to address their concern if it were you?
  • As questions, but keep calm in the face of their loud, boisterous posture if that is on display, don't combat it with the same
*While you are actively learning about someone else, realize that you are passively teaching them about yourself. Be honest and respectful to them, regardless of how offensive you may find them. You can let them know your disagreement but not in an offensive manner.
  • Don't be afraid to invite someone with a different opinion to your table. If everyone in your group agrees with one another and you shun those who don't agree, how will anything ever change? You are doing nothing more than preaching to the choir.
*When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting, they are talking. They may be yelling and screaming and pounding their fist on the table in disagreement to drive home their point, but at least they are talking. It is when the talking ceases, that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So, KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING.
tiny text

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:17 am

That guy knows the score.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:35 pm

McDohl

Postby McDohl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am

THIS. IS. NOT. NORMAL.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 am

NYT: Swedish student spends a year undercover with the Alt-Right

In a "shock" which should surprise no-one at this point, they want concentration camps and Hitler on money.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:21 pm

from 1937

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

i cant stop laughing

its too perfect

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 pm

In issue no.1, she kills several hundred black children, and then travels back in time to stop King from marching by shooting him in the face.

But the horror! When she returns to the present, she finds that by killing King, he was martyred, leading to a utopian society where everyone is treated equally and whites get along with minorities.

as she falls to her knees, wailing, she vows to get online and post a bunch of pepe memes until racism returns to america TO BE CONTINUED
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

by issue no.34 there's a crossover with marvel where she teams up with Red Skull to kill 5000 jews BUT THEN in a surprise twist Red Skull says "Hail S.H.I.E.L.D." and it's revealed that actually Red Skull has been a double agent working for Nick Fury all along
ImageImageImage