Let's all go to the movies~

Niku

Re: Let's all go to the movies~

Postby Niku » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:38 am

listen I know I’m impossibly cynical these days

but it’s definitely 100% calculated 100% of the time now and Disney 100% runs 100% of those accounts outraged about Ariel being a model citizen for ginger-americans

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 am

They don't need to actually control the accounts of the racist/misogynist shitheads. They just have to do something that they know will piss them off.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Maybe that's the intention, but I shut it off when he opened with the fact that he's named himself after a lunatic war criminal.

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Mongrel wrote:Maybe that's the intention, but I shut it off when he opened with the fact that he's named himself after a lunatic war criminal.

What are you talking about?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:37 pm

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm

It's just one of those old-ass screen names that stick for no particular reason. In his own words:
hbomb wrote:I have been a tremendously huge fan of the Bomberman series since childhood. My cousin gave me the nickname Hbomb as a nod to that, or possibly as a coincidence.

When Hbomb was taken on the Age of Mythology servers in 2004, I used Hbomberguy instead. I certainly wasn't an Hbomberman. I was like 12.

In like 2011, I did a Let's Play of Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, and in that game when you quicksave it shows your folder structure, which had my full name in it. But the video was a very low rez render processed by then-video host Viddler, and it was impossible to make out my name. Someone on the SA thread asked if my name was Harris Bomberguy, and I said yes. I've been using that name for the persona I use online all over the place ever since and probably owe that person a lot of money

He's one of those Goonswarm types that flew a bit too close to the alt-right in their twenties, saw it for what it was, and devote their time to helping the next generation to not fall for it. If it helps at all, Encyclopedia Dramatica describes him as "yet another example of an SJW JewTubing kneejerk dickjerk counter-reactionary LARPing as an intellectual as if they were the second coming of Plato".

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:47 pm

His name is also just straight up Harris. So like, him naming himself after Bomberman with his first initial at the front is like the furthest you can get from war criminals. We all have usernames that we've all used for 1 million years and some can be problematic. Hell mine is a misspelling (I'm stupid) of a character from a Pern book and we all know how McCaffrey turned out.

Basically what I'm saying is that not everyone is as read up on war history as some of you old fucks, mongrel :D

Edit: Him and Shaun are probably my two favorite Left Tubers, with Shaun being my out and out favorite. Specifically the video Shaun did on Native American Genocide.

It was emotional as hell to watch but it is a good video on two fronts. First, it debunks all kinds of major 'Its not really genocide' talking points, and secondly it also just gives a bunch of examples of the shit settlers did to natives if you want to learn about it easily.

ALSO ALSO: Hbomb is the dude that raised like 340,000 dollars for a trans charity a few months ago because UK Terfs tried to have it defunded from the National Lottery in the UK by streaming DK Country. It featured such highlights as interviews with Chelsea Manning, AOC, and Grant Kirkhope saying, "Trans Rights" in clear none interrupted audio as DK.

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Joxam wrote:... and we all know how McCaffrey turned out.

Wait what. I don't want to know, do I.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Ah, my bad.

With the English accent that was instantly the first association I made and I (obv) figured it was another ignorant white guy with a "own the libs" username.

I could definitely see someone using the name "for teh lulz" in 2019 anyway, because Arthur Harris also advocated bombing of Arab towns and led bombing campaigns in the Afghan/Pakistan mountains well before he decided he enjoyed killing Germans too.

EDIT:
mharr wrote:
Joxam wrote:... and we all know how McCaffrey turned out.

Wait what. I don't want to know, do I.

^

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm

"It's not a matter of the rider emphasis becoming homosexual. Green and blue dragons choose people who are already homosexual. And even if circumstances arose, and a green dragon chose a heterosexual lifemate... Well, he would become homosexual. It's a proven fact that a single anal sex experience causes one to be homosexual. The hormones released by a sexual situation involving the anus being broached, are the same hormones found in large quantities in effeminate homosexual males. For example, when I was much younger I knew a young man who was for all intents and purposes, heterosexual. He was mugged, and involved in a rape situation involving a tent peg. This one event was enough to have him start on a road that eventually led to him becoming effeminate and gay."

I spoilered it because its a bad one. Its homophobic as shit so if you don't want to read that shit don't.

EDIT: Also as an adult, what I didn't see as a 14 year old is that like all of her shit was really rapey. Just so fucking rapey.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:18 pm

We all have usernames that we've all used for 1 million years and some can be problematic.

You guys didn't like Crash.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Fucking Bandicoots.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Brentai wrote:
We all have usernames that we've all used for 1 million years and some can be problematic.

You guys didn't like Crash.

Wait, you were Hard. Were you Crash too?

On topic: Thor 4 confirmed; Waititi returning to direct.

That means his live-action Akira movie is delayed indefinitely. So that's two pieces of good news.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 pm

Brentai is Hard and Crash.
Diamond is Hard and not Crash.
Kunio is not Hard and Crash.
What's Michael?

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Thad wrote:On topic: Thor 4 confirmed; Waititi returning to direct.

Thor 4... perhaps starring the Thor Corps?

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Kevin smith will never run out of the same idea.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Yeah, but have you seen what happens when he tries to do something different? I'll take this over Batman pissing himself.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Grath wrote:

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:34 pm

At least we know what a live-action Thundercats would look like.