In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

beatbandito

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby beatbandito » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:35 am

also if you don't eat sushi everyone knows you don't do oral and you wont have any friends

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Dreamed I was captain of a spaceship where all the crew were me from alternate universes. I only really remember that the CMO me from the universe where I got my MD was an insufferable prig and the science officer was just absolutely blazed all the time. Also, I was ostensibly the captain but nobody listened to me and they seemed to know what they were doing anyway, so it mostly just meant I got the nice chair. I'm going to pretend it was a metaphor for how the conscious mind isn't as in charge as it thinks it is or some such shit.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 pm

I mean, it's been proven over and over that it isn't, so.

Please tell me that High As Fuck Science Officer You had Vulcan ears.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Sharkey with pointy ears would absolutely look like a goblin.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am

I didn't ask to be the fuckin kid from Ghost House, alright? Sometimes shit just happens.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Dreamed an amalgamation of people I haven't seen in ages had come out of a coma after 10 years miraculously cognizant, it was my sad duty to catch them up on what has become of their personal relations and the world in the intervening decade, very strange dream.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:44 am

Alexis and I were roped into some wild Final Fantasy wedding. We were getting (re?) married at a relatively ordinary chapel, though the service involved like rings floating down little streams or something. And I was freaking out because she had so much to do and I was absolutely positive I was forgetting something. So the guests arrive and so does she and she's getting dressed right in the chapel and I'm sweating bullets because my phone's alarm is going off saying it's wedding time RIGHT NOW.

And that's when it got weird.

We somehow wound up at a theme park? Based on the latest MMO. Lines and lines of other married couples getting ready for some combination grand opening/Mass wedding and SURPRISE we're part of it because we played the game for like five minutes. Like there's dresses and suits and I guess a plunger into a pool together? I get all this from my mom, who's helping me through this total circus. I remember asking "what about Roman? He played way more than we did." Woke up around the time I was trying to get clothes from a storage cupboard, practically elbowing people for a pair of loose straight slacks ("or was it tapered legs mom??")

And now here we are. It's 3:30am, I'm trying to write this down, and I'm so damn confused.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Funny how current circumstances have affected dreamland.

Last night I dreamed I was at a busy mall that was packed with people and kept running into all sorts of friends (and a few looney former co-workers). Mainly I was just trying to meet up with specific friends, and only towards the end of the dream did I realize "Hey wait! We're all supposed to be keeping our distance and staying at home... why the fuck is this mall packed like it's Black Friday?! Ah shit it's too late isn't it."

Like... not a nightmare or anything, but it was funny to have reality intrude like that.

atog

Postby atog » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Yeah that moment when you have nostalgic dreams about standing in line at the DMV :/

I dreamed it was still winter and restaurants that had closed were setting up food trucks and frybread stands on ration days. Every fifteen minutes the truck line would advance 1 block and then that block's residents would have a chance to send someone out to go down the line and pick up meals for a dollar per truck. If you tried to cheat and collect meals for a house where everyone had died of the virus, they would throw a ladle of boiling oil at you.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:23 pm

I had sort of a similar dream to Mongrel, except while the mall was packed all the stores were closed, and I was anxious about how close I was getting to everyone.

Then at some point I realized I was dreaming and I always get writers' block when that happens so was all "flying, I guess?" but it turned out the sky was only painted on, and I slammed against it and it cracked a little.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Woke up from one last night that I don't quite remember, but the description I thought upon waking was "Supernatural cooking show."

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:58 pm

Like, cooking with ghosts, or the ingredients were magic
ImageImageImage

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Neither, more supernatural like Buffy. Fight some demons and magical creatures, then make a souffle.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:36 pm

"Soooo, like a combat chef?", he asked, hopefully.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sat May 23, 2020 10:10 am

My friends and I were a group of Shadowrunners, and we'd gone to the city for an event that could make us some money. We drove our car into the bay of an airplane piloted by a squirrel in a VR helmet, which flew us to a giant tower and dropped us on the top floor. I briefly scolded the others about making sure we didn't land our car in places without freight elevators.
I then saw a flyer on the ground and realized what we were here for. It was a warez convention.
From there on the dream mostly played out like a con but from the cyber-future of the 80s and 90s. Kind of like some scenes in Hackers.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:16 pm

I was in a restaurant and ordered a chicken sandwich called "the Pathos".

I never got my food.

I'm making metanarrative jokes on a subconscious level now.

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

I dreamt that instead of pouring my jar of cold brew concentrate into the pitcher I dilute it in, I just poured the coffee all over the inside of my fridge because I couldn’t find the pitcher.

I woke up in a terror like it was one of the worst nightmares I’d ever had and the lady laughed at me when I explained. :(

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 am

I dreamt that I couldn't sleep because it was too hot. Then I woke up, and it was too hot to get back to sleep. :/

François

Postby François » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:12 pm

François wrote:I'm walking through my neighborhood, in broad daylight; it must be the week-end because the streets are pretty busy. A large chariot pulled by invisible beasts and driven by no one comes barreling down the street; it's made of rotten and pitted wood planks so thick they might qualify as beams, and its uneven iron-shod wheels make no sound on the pavement. It's filled with a huge mound of dark dirt, with skulls, various bones, and entire tombstones poking out, as if some titan had scooped up earth in a graveyard and dumped it in. Wherever it goes, people fall over dead as it passes them.

It stops in front of me. A terrifyingly human voice booms out from nowhere: "MY NAME IS CATACLYSM". I wake up.

Been thinking about that one again lately. No reason.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:17 pm

holy shit i missed that when you first posted it

I know it must have been terrifying to experience as the dreamer but let me just say that is the most hardcore metal shit I have ever seen
ImageImageImage