(SPOILERS) Infinity War and Beyond (Marvel Thread)

Grath

Re: (SPOILERS) Infinity War and Beyond (Marvel Thread)

Postby Grath » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:16 pm

KingRoyal wrote:Sam Raimi in talks to direct Doctor Strange sequel

This would instantly make Doctor Strange the Marvel film I'm most interested in seeing, up from its current status of "Eh"

Do we get Bandicoot Cabbagepatch with an emo haircut dancing down the street?

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Don't even try and pretend that wouldn't be miles better than the first Doctor Strange.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:53 pm

KingRoyal wrote:Sam Raimi in talks to direct Doctor Strange sequel

This would instantly make Doctor Strange the Marvel film I'm most interested in seeing, up from its current status of "Eh"

Raimi appears to have accidentally confirmed it.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm

I just saw Far From Home and at the end Mr. Happy says "give me the spear" and Ned responds "it's a halberd" but it's actually a poleaxe.

So basically fuck this franchise, I'm done.

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:01 pm

as the last tv-show-ostensibly-actually-tied-to-the-movies standing, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is partway through its final season and has basically gone full on "fuck it all" in a really fun way. season six felt like a particularly dire nadir for the show, but seven has bounced back in much the same way endgame decided to do its victory lap; time travel and "who cares if the rules make sense". every two episodes the cast heads to another decade as they follow time-hopping robots through various important points in the hydra/shield history. if you never liked the show or the cast, it won't change your mind much, but everyone seems to be having a much better time, deke is no longer The Most Obnoxious Character Ever, and while we didn't get Peggy Carter when they jumped into the fifties her partner from Agent Carter got to least rep the series.

supposedly next week they're heading into the eighties .. complete with Phil Coulson as Max Headroom in some capacity.

overall i'm going to miss the show when it's done; there are some reeeeeeally low lows, and some cast members just absolutely never clicked with me, but on average the highs were a lot of fun. i think this season, at least so far, is right up there with season four's ghost rider / virtual reality world storylines.