WildStar: Get Your Ass to Nexus

Niku

WildStar: Get Your Ass to Nexus

Postby Niku » Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 am

WildStar is Furry WoW in space. It looks like it is going to be pretty super fun if you still have love in your heart for such things!

The TOP OF THE LINE 2013 EDITION line of cool dudes and friends from such fine games as World of Warcraft, the Gold Knuckles, will be rolling on a to-be-determined PVE-RP server in hopes of tagging along with all the Virtue refugees who still cling to one another adrift from MMO to MMO as well as any fellow delinquent Moon Guardians so we can continue our proud traditions of sneering at them behind their backs while indulging in our own doofy roleplay antics. So if you too would like to be a part of Space Jam, the time is nigh. Warning: there will be goons, but Gold Knuckles upheld a pretty proud tradition of keeping the goon-levels far away from maximum. We'll be runnning Exiles so we can be the heroes for once in our damn lives, but also mostly as an excuse to be bunnygirls.

Granted this game's combat is actually pretty interesting (based entirely around smearing giant targeting paint on the ground and making things stand in it) which could make PVP more interesting, so if you don't want to roll on a baby carebear server, that's your choice I guess.

L0VARB-OMIWZG-SMVK7W will get you 25% off of either the deluxe or regular edition of the game over on Green Man Gaming, too.

Also even if you don't care a lick about playing the game, poking around the official site and watching their videos is a pretty good time. It's got a great Ratchet and Clank vibe to basically everything, and their dev videos have a dry humor quality that I appreciate.

Blossom

Re: WildStar: Get Your Ass to Nexus

Postby Blossom » Fri May 23, 2014 1:57 pm

My buds and I were planning to roll with the PA guilds, but tell me about these Gold Knuckles.

The game looks kinda WoWy but at least as far as I got in the beta, the play is actually quite fun. Limited action set and telegraphs and all that.

unrelated:

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri May 23, 2014 8:38 pm

As far as WoW went Gold Knuckles were basically a bunch of goons who told people to stop being goony when it got out of hand, which eventually resulted in a pretty damn chill guild with actual good players and also keet. We stick to PVE-RP because none of us care about gankfests and some of us even legit enjoy skimming around in RP land and watching people be amusing as much as we laugh at Goldshire. Raiding wise we cleared all the ten man normal content while it was relevant since the foundation of the guild in Cata, but only kinda bounced into heroics when we felt like putting in the effort. As far as Space Jam's gonna go, it's looking like we're getting the greater goon influence that comes with a new game, so here's hoping it remains chill. I play in the Marvel Heroes goon guild and it can be dangerously goony at times.

I am super looking forward to playing a Healslinger but people keep talking about how it has a high learning curve and skill ceiling. AM I MAN ENOUGH TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH HEALTH RAYGUNS?

Yes.

beatbandito

Re: WildStar: Get Your apple to Nexus

Postby beatbandito » Fri May 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Wildstar was pretty fun. Some of the UI and effects seemed buggy but nothing terrible, more a question of if the theme was fun or dorky.

Both, it turns out.

Though I'm not super positive the Exiles are good guys, just idiots. I mean yeah, The Dominion is a bunch of dicks that like to kill for fun, but they also were totally promised Nexus by ma and pa alien. The exiles meanwhile were like "oh man where can we go to avoid the dominion? I know the planet they're in the middle of taking over!"

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat May 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Niku wrote:As far as WoW went Gold Knuckles were basically a bunch of goons who told people to stop being goony when it got out of hand, which eventually resulted in a pretty damn chill guild with actual good players and also keet. We stick to PVE-RP because none of us care about gankfests and some of us even legit enjoy skimming around in RP land and watching people be amusing as much as we laugh at Goldshire. Raiding wise we cleared all the ten man normal content while it was relevant since the foundation of the guild in Cata, but only kinda bounced into heroics when we felt like putting in the effort. As far as Space Jam's gonna go, it's looking like we're getting the greater goon influence that comes with a new game, so here's hoping it remains chill. I play in the Marvel Heroes goon guild and it can be dangerously goony at times.

I am super looking forward to playing a Healslinger but people keep talking about how it has a high learning curve and skill ceiling. AM I MAN ENOUGH TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH HEALTH RAYGUNS?

Yes.

Hmm, hmmm, that sounds pretty much in line with what we're looking for. Who all else from here is in this crew? There were some slight dramas back in the CoH days.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sat May 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Playing with goons is a double edged sword because sometimes you can get cool dudes and other times you get to hear some guy talking about the time he threatened to slit some woman's throat over philosophy. Obviously the latter isn't very fun to listen to when you are trying to play videogames.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat May 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah, I had sorta written off goons with the nightmare that is the SA thread on Wildstar, where they're planning to roll on a PVP server and just ugh this whole mess. If there's a goon-derived guild of Cool Chill Goons then that's appealing.

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 pm

From here it was pretty much Doom and I, with Mirthless during Cata. About half of our regular raid team is going to be playing it seems like, and they're mostly pretty cool dudes.

Also I just found out that you can click on save/load character during customization to get a big text string to actually save your beta characters' appearances. TIME TO FIDDLE WITH SLIDERS FOR THREE HOURS.

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat May 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Yo fellas! I'm playing this, looking into Spellslinger or Stalker! Get at me! Making a toon on a work friend's server but I could always play a second!

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 pm

I ended up making folks on Stormtalon. Wasn't quite able to get all the names I wanted, but I've got most of them, so it's cool.

sei

Postby sei » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:09 am

Niku wrote:fun if you still have love in your heart

fuck

so that's why i can't enjoy games

or anything else

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Niku commonly mistakes a lot of things for love in his heart, so it probably isn't that.

Niku

Postby Niku » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:46 pm

I didn't get to dick around as much as I might have liked yesterday, but yeah, I am digging the hell out of it. We're currently <Shut Up n Jam> until the GMs can be assed to fix whatever went wrong with the boss' guild name reservation, running on Evindra PVE-RP. Sadly, some of my planned on names were taken, but I got some others and got to get on the ground floor and actually get Niku for once, so that was nice.

I made a mousey.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Hmf. I reserved Catgirl, I suppose I should actually make the character at some point, but I've sort of fallen out of love with the name. It's pretty restrictive on the ears.

Thus far my time has been with Hamhock, chua engineer.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:11 pm

I know Niku will get all the cool kids in his cool kid guild, but if anyone around here is on a pvp server I plan on rolling on one (because I hate myself) and will probably end up giving in sooner if there are others on it.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:45 pm

beatbandito wrote:I know Niku will get all the cool kids in his cool kid guild, but if anyone around here is on a pvp server I plan on rolling on one (because I hate myself) and will probably end up giving in sooner if there are others on it.

Apparently there are a lot of them out there, but to my knowledge, nobody I know has looked at Wildstar and gone "Hey, this game is fun, but you know what'd be great? If we made it a lot less fun!"

sei

Postby sei » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:20 pm

beatbandito wrote:I know Niku will get all the cool kids in his cool kid guild
Er...

Niku wrote:Evindra PVE-RP
I would call you and whoever else is involved an irredeemable asshole for setting up on an RP server, but I've long since learned that the pyoko/bronto-chosen server is usually not the best bet for endgame.

TA wrote:nobody I know has looked at Wildstar and gone "Hey, this game is fun, but you know what'd be great? If we made it a lot less fun!"
Niku wrote:PVE-RP

Niku

Postby Niku » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:34 pm

We like being big fish in a little pond when it comes to the raiding scenes.

Also they have so few PVP servers at the moment that Goon Squad was asked by the devs specifically to not use the first one they put up, opening a brand new server for them to go play on instead to help with queue times.

Of which we have none on our PVE-RP server. B)

sei

Postby sei » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Big fish in a pool of obnoxious server culture and (gross generalization inc) too little skill to make for passable endgame content recruits.

People who are in it for the RP lean more social, less conquest. I'm not vouching for PVP; I'm railing against RP.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:39 pm

If you've got the choice, the RP servers are the best places to go. You get a significantly better class of pubbie than on the pure PvE servers, and RPers up to RP antics is a great spectator sport. I would not have spent nearly as much time in City of Heroes if we'd been on Freedom instead of Virtue.