Count Chocula vs Krispies Wolves (Gameplay Thread)

Moderator: Friday

Bongo Bill
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Count Chocula vs Krispies Wolves (Gameplay Thread)

Postby Bongo Bill » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Well, maybe. The whole game I kind of felt like we were in a desperate and incredibly precarious situation, and the way my posts in the thread were like those of a literal crazy person reflected that.
...but is it art?

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:05 pm

I very much prefer keeping Chip because Janitor is powerful enough as is, but is particularly powerful in games with two bad teams (and even more so with secondary roles added in). Also, as Bongo said, it's a boring role where optimal play is to pop the janitor power ASAP to gain an immediate information advantage.

Chip is a neat role because it leads to an interesting dynamic between the vamps and any remaining innos for day cycle.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:06 pm

also weretiger plox
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:18 pm

What do you mean Niku won
ImageImageImage

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm legitimately surprised Zara was still innocent; I was certain the final day was a 3v3. Nothing really mattered anyway, since we had two kills.

I'm curious if we'd been wrong and Bongo had been innocent, though. With one kill, the final day is 2v2 and then it's a coinflip. But then if the wolves can still get one kill that night, it's a face-off between one wolf and one dracula. They obviously vote for each other. Game decided by coins!

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:12 pm

I felt like we were on the verge of victory since night 3, but that was mostly because of my misunderstanding of how the Vampire Hunter role worked. I thought she only had one action, and it was a kill or a scry depending on the target.

Being un-night-killable did make me a lot less paranoid about working with Niku and gahitsu when there was no way for me to know their roles for certain.

Bongo Bill
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Bongo Bill » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 pm

ocksi wrote:I'm legitimately surprised Zara was still innocent; I was certain the final day was a 3v3. Nothing really mattered anyway, since we had two kills.

I'm curious if we'd been wrong and Bongo had been innocent, though. With one kill, the final day is 2v2 and then it's a coinflip. But then if the wolves can still get one kill that night, it's a face-off between one wolf and one dracula. They obviously vote for each other. Game decided by coins!

I coordinated with Zara yesterday and intended to turn him that very night.

I somehow thought that fanboymaster was the secondary Vampire Hunter based solely on the fact that I was still alive despite being the most obvious Chocula imaginable. Based on that assumption, I made a chart to decide whom Healy should protect. I didn't expect you guys to go for Zara, because if you had only one kill that's the one choice that could not under any circumstances have caused you guys to win.
...but is it art?

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Also, ocksi's framing power did end up being useful for exactly one thing: he framed zara on the same night Niku scried him, so we knew Niku was actually the Devil and wasn't lying to us.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Congratulations dapper lycanthropes. A well earned victory. Hopefully another game happens sometime so I can get myself killed more on my specific merits rather than I presume a largely random murder.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Bongo Bill wrote:I somehow thought that fanboymaster was the secondary Vampire Hunter based solely on the fact that I was still alive despite being the most obvious Chocula imaginable. Based on that assumption, I made a chart to decide whom Healy should protect. I didn't expect you guys to go for Zara, because if you had only one kill that's the one choice that could not under any circumstances have caused you guys to win.

I was adamant about the Zara kill because we knew he was the Secondary Baner, thus the least important of the possible targets and I was just playing for numbers in case it came down to a lynch.

Postby Newbie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 am

~THIS WAS A GAME~
tiny text

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 am

this was an awesome game. i sort of wish i hadn't admitted to being a bad so early, without considering that i was still outnumbered by innocents and vampires, but at the same time i believe it may have helped us as well by giving wolves a good excuse to vote for me. i always play like a schizophrenic, because it's more fun and it gets people to talk. and given that everybody in the game has a secret to keep, getting them to talk is never a bad thing.
the best kazz around

gahitsu

Postby gahitsu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:59 am

Teacher wrote:I thought she only had one action, and it was a kill or a scry depending on the target.

Unless I'm vastly mistaken, it was just as you said? I had either a scry, or, if I'd found a vampire through my scry on a previous night, I had the option to kill them. It was an either/or as I understood it.

Anyway, good game. I had no idea when I was working with Teacher how close to victory the wolves were. I assumed with their janitor and devil dead, it was down to one or maybe two.

Fun fact: I assumed at the end of Night One that everyone was reprising their roles from the last Wolfpire game, since I was the Hunter and Teacher was a Werewolf that game, too. It was quickly disproven but it was just an amusing coincidence.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:14 am

For VvWX, I had the returning players reprise their flavor roles from VvWIII, (which may be the most "classic" of all the VvWs) but I've never straight up had a role reprisal.

I've actually never a troll game of any kind here, either, unless you count VvWI.

Amusingly, I created the original VvW as an intentional clusterfuck of unbalanced bullshit with everything I could think of that was wild and crazy thrown in, including a Volcano that would randomly erupt, killing a random amount of random players, a geologist role that would get a countdown to eruption, etc.

For some reason everyone loved it and thus began the repeated rule narrowing that culminated in X.

Other early VvW bullshit included: Weretiger not showing up in scries, greater wolf not showing up in scries, the fool (has a 50% chance to see backwards and thinks he's a normal seer) and the idiot (wins if lynched.)

Sadly, VvW I and II are lost forever, because they were actually run over on pyoko.

You can still read VvWIII, however, and if you haven't, I seriously suggest you do so.

(Some of the magic is lost, because nobody is in there game-avatars, but oh well.)
ImageImageImage

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 am

Bongo Bill wrote:
ocksi wrote:I'm legitimately surprised Zara was still innocent; I was certain the final day was a 3v3. Nothing really mattered anyway, since we had two kills.

I coordinated with Zara yesterday and intended to turn him that very night.

I somehow thought that fanboymaster was the secondary Vampire Hunter based solely on the fact that I was still alive despite being the most obvious Chocula imaginable. Based on that assumption, I made a chart to decide whom Healy should protect. I didn't expect you guys to go for Zara, because if you had only one kill that's the one choice that could not under any circumstances have caused you guys to win.

I figured you were scum on some level, but couldn't actually do anything about it until gahitsu died because I didn't actually have a case besides "Man Bongo is sure acting scummy". After I got the Vampire Killer my first actions were scrying you and then whipping on the success.

Good game. It felt pretty quiet a lot, but that's my fault as much as anyone's.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Man. I LOVED the Fool. I remember two separate occasions playing in a game with the Fool and being unsure if I was the Fool or the Seer and both times it resulted in my death.

Shit was great.

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 pm

VvW3 might be the greatest monument to both wolf and the boards

maybe.

Though even for all the weretigering, I think VvW1 or 2 might have been my favorite to actually play in -- whichever one I shouted down ElderZed in.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:33 pm

I was not in the earlier games so they have no value

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 am

Something else amusing to note: Niku, gahitsu and I all independently came to the conclusion that MarsDragon was definitely Dracula.

gahitsu

Postby gahitsu » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:30 am

Whaaaaaaaaaaa-!

I scanned her, I didn't think she was Dracula necessarily. She was just super quiet and that's a good place for scum to hide (so sayeth Talking Time mafia folk wisdom).