QUILTBAG

Thad

Re: QUILTBAG

Postby Thad » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:40 am

Mongrel wrote:I just hope he's continually thanking the dicknose on stream for his contribution towards advancing trans support.

Oh, he is.

Wife walked in and asked what I'm laughing at. I told her it would take too long to explain. And we haven't even gotten into the part where Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed up in the stream.

mharr wrote:Minor aside, but personally upsetting to me - why did 80s gamers' consumer rights advocate 'Rev' Stu Campbell have to weigh in for Team Erasure? (https://www.twitter.com/revstu/status/1 ... 4892401664) Seems like everyone that pens one article criticising this dumb industry inevitably falls down the enlightened centrism poop chute. D:

(Dude is left wing for a Scottish guy on most issues, but apparently the idea that nature is imperfect and might occasionally misclick on the gender settings is his sacred line in the sand. How do people that grew up immersed in SF universes with AIs and gender morphing alien protagonists end up so fucking parochial?)

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed to learn that the creator of The IT Crowd is...some kind of beaver botherer.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:20 am

Thad wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed to learn that the creator of The IT Crowd is...some kind of beaver botherer.

I wasn't paying enough attention to realize this wasn't just some other youtube nerd, but this is a good point of reference. I can tell people the creator of The IT Crowd started a campaign that raised $350,000 for trans rights.

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:59 am

The IT crowd was always sexist and nihilistic, but saved by its lead actors. The really heartbreaking part is that he's a co-creator of Father Ted.

I wonder what Noel Fielding thinks about all this.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm

mharr wrote:The really heartbreaking part is that he's a co-creator of Father Ted.

What?! Nuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Mongrel wrote:
mharr wrote:The really heartbreaking part is that he's a co-creator of Father Ted.

What?! Nuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Hahahahahaha

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 am

Today I learned: Wikipedia has a page for "Owned".

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 pm

https://thinkprogress.org/south-dakota- ... c8f124480/

Lawmakers who supported the bill said they believed discussions on gender belong in the home, not in schools. “I’m 36 years old, and I’m still confused as to what woman-ness and man-ness is,” offered the bill’s sponsor, Rep. Tom Pischke (R), “so I don’t know why we’d be teaching that to someone in the fourth grade.” Pischke received a 100-percent rating from Family Heritage Alliance Action, South Dakota’s anti-LGBTQ political advocacy group.

<Chex> "If I don't understand it, we should ban it from being taught to fourth-graders," says man who can't tie own shoes.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm

The next season of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader" is going to be wild.