In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

WingSounds

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby WingSounds » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 am

If not, we must create it!..

Dreamt of slowly choking to death in a vacuum. The thing was, I had an 'enemy' pinned in the vacuum with me, so I was being heroic, I guess? Or maybe just really vengeful...

Then, the bastard stabbed me, and managed to get back in an airlock or something.
So I was just bleeding/asphyxiating. Can't win 'em all, I suppose!..

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Sounds like bleed through from the timeline where Heat Signature has TV ads.

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 am

I had no clue what that was, and now I'm wishing I had time to add it to my backlog.
Also a better timeline, I'm guessing.

Yesterday's dream, I'd replaced my arm with a metal arm. I think I was trying to kill my cousin (different one then the one I mentioned elsewhere?). No reason why, he's a nice guy, in and out of the dream! But, anyway, he fled, crying, and my metal arm became some sort of pole-vaulting pole, and I could use it to jump up on peoples roofing. So I did, and ate some kind of food and looked balefully up at the sun.

Dream-me seemed to think I looked cool. I felt I looked I like an idiot.

atog

Postby atog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Me: Hey dad, let's go see a play
Dad: What's playing and where?
Me: Uh the Gimpy Troika Theatre Company is putting on Rasta Julius Caesar at the Hotbox
Dad: That sounds dreadful
Me: Here's another one. The Pineapple Pizza Players are putting on a modern adaptation of King Richard III at the Socks with Sandals Theatre
Dad: *Gagging noises*
Me: Or there's always the Thursday Night Audience Choice at the Hilltop Coffee Shop. If we yell loud enough they'll think consensus is with My Fair Lady
Dad: Let's try that. Pick you up at 6?
Me: Nah I'm cycling
Dad: It's freezing outside
Me: First chance all year to cycle soo as long as it's not actually black ice...

Then something about spy rings, drones, alternate-universe evil Thor and helpful Loki, Robert Plant writing a score for a movie involving the aforementioned, and an acting clinic with Melissa McCarthy.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Defenestration

Postby Defenestration » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 am

[6:49 AM]
Defenestration:
I just had
a very
very strange dream

[6:50 AM]
Bal:
Oh?

[6:50 AM]
Defenestration:
I think my subconscious wanted it to be a nightmare, but in the middle of it I was at most incredibly confused more than horrified
I got back from a vacation, and I had my mom pick me up from the airport. Not that unusual, I've done that once to avoid cab fare when she was available.
She brought me to church instead of home, despite me asking her to just take me home because I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open
so I walked into the church, napped for a bit, and then came back out and asked to be taken home
so she takes me to a house she bought on the northwest edge of henderson
"here's your new home" "Where's all my stuff?" "Oh we moved it here or got rid of it"

[6:53 AM]
Bal:
As always, I am most impressed with how specific all this is

[6:53 AM]
Defenestration:
so I called Kristen to pick me up and she took me over to the... new place they bought... in the same housing complex
This incredibly large, enormous, labyrinthine housing complex
and all my stuff I have at my house was there, packed up
they moved to a new place here, got a dog, and kept my stuff, but not my car

[6:54 AM]
Bal:
You've been sent to the depths of Tract Housing. You must defeat the minotaur to escape

[6:54 AM]
Defenestration:
so I walked back to the house my mom bought to get my car
and she refuses to give it to me until I become a republican and agree to live there
"no that's fine, I have a way to hack this"
and I hit the beeper on my key, where it will make my car's light flash
and there are like 8 beeps and flashes all around me
none of them the right color or license plate
and after investigation I find that my car was flattened, like with a hydraulic press, and put under the lawn so I couldn't find it
so I walked back home and told Trevor and Kristen about it and they were just as confused
and we talked about whether or not I should make a claim and report it to the police and I woke up
so there you are

[6:57 AM]
Bal:
Again, the specificity is amazing

[6:58 AM]
Defenestration:
There were no circles or lakes, but the size is right
Like, my mom had a house in the "B" section and we had a house in the Y section
it was a very long walk
I actually forgot where the house was and had to call to be picked up again
Oh, I forgot
my mom wouldn't let me get picked up again from when I called her (to go back to her house to find my car) unless I agreed to get a haircut that looked like Donald Trump's
she really wanted me to be a young republican businessman
I recall a group for youhng republican businessmen that I had to join too

[7:00 AM]
Bal:
Jesus christ, man. A more Fruedian person might suggest your dream was about being trapped in america right now
You mother was even in it

[7:00 AM]
Defenestration:
look I don't know okay
I just wanted to get my car so I could go back to work, and my mother was begging me to live with her, promising that I wouldn't have to work
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

atog

Postby atog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 am

ok that's trippy. that subdivision looks like it was planned by the same guys who a) carved the Nazca lines and b) designed the zool magnet building in Ghostbusters

And yeah i agree with Bal. A lot of issues in the dream sequence about losing agency and self-determination (no car, separated and relocated, people in your life holding you political hostage with the threat of limiting your access to employment).
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 am

I was getting ready to board a plane, and I was taking my dog.

I needed to fit her into my carry-on, and so I separated her into pieces. Her head detached from her body, which itself separated into two pieces. It was a twist-and-pull kind of interlocking thing.

I put all three pieces into a duffel bag. My plan was that I would take her head out once I got on the plane and keep it in my lap so she wouldn't be too upset.

My dream was unclear as to whether this happened or not, because there was a time jump to my opening the bag after I got off the plane. She was staring up at me and did not appear happy to be a disembodied head not connected to her body.

At this point I awoke to my real, non-interlocking dog pushing up against my back. She was twitching with a dream of her own.

I petted her head and said, "It's okay, Artie. I know you're not really modular."