HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Mongrel

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh shit. "Ants in my pants" has never been as fun as James Brown made it sound.

Brentai wrote:I'm sure there's something wrong with Spafinder that I don't care enough to find out about but pretty much all the women in my family always want a Spafinder gift card. Like, way more than actual gifts or money. Just a card that says "Fuck you, I'm going to a spa."

Yeah a spa or massage (obligatory: "not THAT kind!") was something I was leaning towards.

Unfortunately Spafinder specifically is "See all 0 spas in Toronto", so locally I'll have to actually pick a specific type/location.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am

That reminds me of the time a spider egg hatched somewhere in the ceiling foam above my driver's seat. I'm chugging along the M5 and suddenly everything in the vehicle is being Zerg rushed. Specifically my face.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Mongrel wrote:I really want to get a gift for the teacher who's mentored me all year. She's the type who overworks herself and can mostly handle it, but probably could use at least a tiny bit more free time than she allows herself

As a sometimes-overworked woman, seconding massage. I love to get gift cards for massage and for tea shops. I wonder why people bothered getting me gift cards for anything else. I've never heard of Spafinder but pick a place in town that's nice. The kind of place that gives you a cup of herbal tea when you walk in and has a painting of river rocks.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:29 pm

The massage place I chose (local, amazing reviews) miraculously turned out to be one her husband already goes to [insert lengthy joke here], so that ended up working out perfectly.

Also it was the last day of school today ;___;

I got a bottle of wine and a pile of huuuuugs.

EDIT: I once did a large painting of some river rocks and traded it for a Beta Timewalk. Probably the most I ever made for an art commission. :D

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:33 am

BEARD UPDATE: it was coming in well and actually looked really good but was getting in the way of cunnilingus so fuck that bye felicia

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 am

NOBODY:
ME:

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:11 am

Waiting on a call from the mechanic to see if we still have a vehicle, meanwhile next door are doing something in the garden with a pneumatic drill, wielded by some westcountry fella that sounds exactly like his dad was a Warcraft 1 Peasant and his mum was a Sim. I swear to you there are no actual words in anything he says.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:26 pm

Just saw a shiny gold "3" ballon drift past the neighbouring highrises.

Somewhere in this neighbourhood there is a very unhappy birthday toddler.

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 pm

The Mongrel man springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
A shiny gold "3" balloon goes by

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 am

Went with some family to Greenfield Village (here, I'm not explaining it https://www.thehenryford.org/visit/greenfield-village/) yesterday. It was mostly fine, but everyone wanted to ride the train. Maybe it should have gone without saying, but nobody warned me that when you ride on an open-car train you become covered in coal dust. Tonight just became lost in an emergency visit to the dry cleaners, and those stains better come out or Henry Ford will have hell to pay.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:36 am

pretty sure he's already in hell so no worries
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Every now and then, I'm struck by how cool and atypical it is that when some municipal things comes up that ends up at a point where "You're going to have to talk to [City Agency]" about that (like landlord stuff), that that gets a positive reaction from me, that this usually means whoever I end up dealing with in the city bureaucracy will be helpful and fair.

How fucking weird is that?

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 pm

my brain is so fried from my extra-long work weeks that I can't even calculate how much overtime to expect from all the extra work I did

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:01 am

We were leaving work and my wife noticed a kitty cat darting under something in the parking garage.

We eventually gathered a large group of people and coaxed/pulled the kitty cat out of the niche she was hiding in. We thought at first she might be a stray (no collar) but she didn't hiss, bite, or scratch, and she seemed well-groomed, so I'm pretty sure she was somebody's kitty cat.

My wife wrapped her up in a blanket and took her up to ground level and left her somewhere out-of-the-way. All things considered, I think that was probably the best thing we could have done; it was late in the day and I don't think animal control would have come out to pick her up if we'd tried to call them, and I doubt there were any shelters still open that late. And we live 13 miles away and own a dog and I'm allergic to cats. I'm hoping we left her in a spot where she was comfortable and close to home and, hopefully, able to find her way back to her people once she calmed down.

(She couldn't have gotten back into the garage, anyway; the gates come down after 5:30 PM and it was around 6 by the time we got out of there.)

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Driving home from my girlfriend's, there was a stoppage on the highway. I noticed that it was a stoppage (as opposed to a slowdown) just in time to avoid hitting the car in front of me without leaving skid-marks. Car behind me just barely managed not to rear end me, too.

Just as I think everything's fine, and let my guard down, the car ahead of me backs up and taps my front bumper. (Actually, an old dent in my bumper looks much less bad now,)

Pull to the shoulder, brief chat, no damage to either car, we agree to part ways without making an incident report. I cannot adequately describe the bubbly feeling of relief and joy that I got as I pulled back into traffic. Serious contender for the most fun experience I've had in years.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:06 pm

*Buge-Signal*

Saw this last night just two blocks down, on Mortimer.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:15 am

Yesterday a dude yelled HEY TOWELHEAD and started towards a family at the grocery store. I put myself between him and the family and just kind of stood there, internally ready to just throw up. He swore and stormed off.

Today management at the grocery store asked me to calm down and "not cause incidents like that."

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I hate that shit. A friend of mine once got called into the office for telling a customer to leave after he called another employee the N-word.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that you did the right thing and you're appreciated for it, but you did and you are, even if management is full of shit.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Wait did they do this to you as an employee or as a customer?

Either way, fuck management. You did the right thing.

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Please pay dipshits like that no mind, Lyrai. You're awesome and standing up to shit like that is not only correct but brave and heroic.
ImageImageImage