Re: Game musings and news

Postby Mothra » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Fucking

MARCH 20, 2020

THAT'S LIKE A YEAR AWAY

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:50 pm

They were disappointed they missed my birthday this year so decided just to wait until the next one.

In further news, I can't remember the last time I thought about a physical collector's edition.

TA

Postby TA » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Cyberpunk 2077: bad gameplay, pretty racist.

Also, like I've been saying since the announcement, incredibly transphobic. Like, viciously so.
Linked because this is borderline NSFW! Despite being on an nVidia press site and shit! Trans bodies aren't real and don't count.

Of course, they claim the woman with the massive erect dick in the soda ad saying "Mix it up!" is commentary.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:45 pm

CD Projekt Red have always been very, very white. You'd like to imagine that in our modern world, an international game company might transcend its local roots - in this case eastern european, deeply conservatively catholic, and lily-ass-white - but sadly that sure ain't the case this time.

In any case, I don't think anyone who'd ever heard of The Witcher series, let alone played it, would imagine the treatment of sexual topics in a CD PR game to be anything but juvenile.

it IS disappointing that they're not even seeming to bother with the transhumanist aspects of Cyberpunk though. You'd think they'd at least get that.

TA

Postby TA » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am

Of course, there is a difference between "We, the devs, are Polish" and "We're taking what was a white gang in the Cyberpunk 2020 source material and turning them into hyperviolent Haitians so you'll have more black people to gun down in droves".

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

TA wrote:Of course, there is a difference between "We, the devs, are Polish" and "We're taking what was a white gang in the Cyberpunk 2020 source material and turning them into hyperviolent Haitians so you'll have more black people to gun down in droves".

Yep.

That's why I brought up CD PR's own record. The Witcher series is not known for being racially inclusive (or even for having non-whites *anywhere*) or sensitive to gender, it's known for Geralt fucking Yennefer on a unicorn, because hahahaha amirite guys?

It's also a series of great games, but hey, it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 is also going to screw the pooch on that count.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 pm

I just don't understand how you could put a chick with a MASSIVE ERECT dick on an ad poster and think it was anything other than awful.

Like, imagine that ad poster was a black guy holding a watermelon and the soda is watermelon flavored. Then someone confronts you about it and you're like "actually it's commentary."
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am