In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Brentai » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:20 pm

It's kind of a pain to install them on phpBB, pretty much the main thing I regret with this switchover.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:29 pm

More or less like this, shitty artifacted transparency and all.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:11 pm

Friday wrote:didn't Niku basically do that same thing at one point

I remember logging on one day and my avatar had been changed to some anime thing I did not understand as I was not yet weebed by Esperath

i definitely did but absolutely do not remember what i changed them all to

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:06 pm

I think that's the first time I used lucid dreaming techniques to stop a dream.

After some other nonsensical dream junk- including a little ghost hunting- I returned home to my little dream studio deal for a nap.

Then I noticed the animals outside my window getting upset. Then the birdhouses I hung from the ceiling started almost falling on my head. Then I saw mortar dust falling from the cracks in the ceiling as something moved through the attic. Then I saw the disembodied, soot-covered hands crawl through a hole in the ceiling and towards me.

I thought something like "this can't be happening," but somehow had the presence of mind to do my standard reality check: biting my finger. Gave it a chomp but felt nothing, so that couldn't be my real finger and that couldn't really be happening.

But I was still really scared and forced myself awake before anything worse could happen.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 am

I've been having some interesting dreams lately.

Earlier this week, I dreamed that Kylie and I were driving through St. Catharines, and we stopped at a game store that was doing curbside pickup. Outside the store was a spinner display of VHS tapes and DVDs, and I went to go browse it while we waited. A lot of the tapes were obscure Disney films and Lord of the Rings extended editions, but one tape caught my eye: an OVA titled "Detective X Gollum" which was apparently a Yoshiaki Kawajiri anime about a albino lady in a black catsuit (who is a secret agent) and she and her partner are sent by her agency into the jungles of South America to kill the head of a crime cartel.

Apparently my brain thought that was more interesting than the dream I was having, so it shifted to actually follow the agent. So after killing her way to the crime lord's compound (losing her partner on the way somehow), she discovered a beautiful pianist lady who had apparently been captured by the crime lord. There's some sexual tension between the agent and the pianist, but the agent still has to eliminate the boss. He gets the drop on her, disarms her, and is about to kill her when the pianist shoots him in the back. The agent and pianist make their escape and share a kiss as the sun rises.

After a debriefing at the agency, the agent sees the pianist off at the airport. But the agent gets a call from her superiors: the head of the crime cartel was actually a woman! The truth dawns on the agent as the pianist disappears into the crowd and through the gate.

THE END...?

And last night I had a dream where I accidentally spilled some spaghetti sauce on Data from Star Trek, and he got really mad, but it turns out it was just a publicity stunt to promote a restaurant called Binley's. Their slogan was "Binley's: It Burns!"

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 am

I dreamt that due to an administrative error, my bank account and driver's license had been marked as belonging to a wanted felon. I found out at about 8pm, so anyone I could have called about it was closed. I was worried I'd get arrested before I figured out how to fix it.

Then I woke up and realized that's actually a pretty plausible scenario

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Alternately, your long years of rampant tax fraud have finally caught up to you.

no silver, you are the felons

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 pm

You can't arrest Silversong, she works for the FBI.

atog

Postby atog » Thu May 19, 2022 12:41 pm

Today in dreamland: Mongrel and his tabletop miniatures buddies strike it rich peddling a form of instant-setting modelling foam/glue gun to Ukraine, to seal bullet holes in planes and fuel tankers on the go. Social media begins to fill up with images of Ukrainian warhammer nerds in flak jackets and camo wielding giant, Nerf-esque glue guns full of the stuff. One video shows a soldier filling a hole in the ground like a Boston Creme with a canister of this magical flubber, and then brushing away loose soil and sod to reveal a teller mine safely encased in instafoam. It was also getting used by field medics to stanch wounds and fix various other mishaps.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole