Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:38 am

That doesn't look very gothic lolita.

atog

Postby atog » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:41 pm

Had a dream where AC/DC's Bon Scott returned as a ghola, to reform the band, but the mafia had a contract out on him so he was in a witness relocation program, working at a garbage radio station in a crappy suburb somewhere in Oz.

Büge and I secretly arranged to have him drop in on Mongrel's 40th birthday party, but just hours before the evening of the party, someone firebombed the radio station. Not Bon escaped the cataclysm by jumping in the traffic chopper and hopping off the roof to the next lowest building. Sadly, his guitar didn't make it out in time.

So Mongrel got to meet (some genetic remnant of) his childhood rock idol, but it was for karaoke.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:12 pm

I keep wondering when someone's gonna try to deepfake Bon Scott vocals over Brian Johnson ones.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:56 am

•Silversong> EsperNet Webchat
also I can't use confusion pollen, my allergies are too bad

Well now I want to see some sort of RPG monster who's allergic to their own attacks and self-inflicts any bad statuses they manage to land on your party

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:26 pm

nosimpleway wrote:infinite copies of Air Bud

I am the basket of my ball
To slam is my body and to jam is my blood
I have created over a thousand free throws
Unknown to refs,
Nor known to rulebooks.
I have withstood training to create many three-pointers
Yet these paws will never hold anything.
So, as I pray...
UNLIMITED BUD WORKS.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 pm

nosimpleway wrote:
nosimpleway wrote:infinite copies of Air Bud

I am the basket of my ball
To slam is my body and to jam is my blood
I have created over a thousand free throws
Unknown to refs,
Nor known to rulebooks.
I have withstood training to create many three-pointers
Yet these paws will never hold anything.
So, as I pray...
UNLIMITED BUD WORKS.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:03 pm

At one point, without making the explicit realization "I am dreaming", I'm thinking about how to describe what's happening to me for the purposes of posting it in this thread.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:39 pm

nosimpleway wrote:At one point, without making the explicit realization "I am dreaming", I'm thinking about how to describe what's happening to me for the purposes of posting it in this thread.

I too have done this.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:59 pm

I do that all the time

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:29 am

A topless coffee shop. I'm sure there's lots to unpack there but we can just throw away the whole suitcase.

The place was named "CAT Tea". I didn't even realize the pun until I woke up. I'm making puns subconsciously now.

(CAT Tea. C-A-T Tea. Say it out loud.)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:27 pm

Took me a second to realize what you meant because that's actually multiple puns!

Last night I dreamt I came in while Starr was coming some cats and mentioned they'd pooped outside the box or something like that (can't exactly recall) and she was like "Why don't you eat the cat turds?" and my brain reflexively thought "Wow that was so dumb I must be dreaming." and I immediately woke up feeling a weird mixture of consternation and pride.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Upthorn wrote:My girlfriend and I were binge-watching some science fiction show I hadn't heard of. It turned out to be four seasons long...

The other day I realized that this dream setting's backstory was basically just Warhammer 40K. I feel so ashamed.
This is just like when I had that series of nightmares where I was being stalked by a mysterious, malevolent hooded figure, whose face was a glowing yellow sku Skeletor.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Upthorn wrote:a mysterious, malevolent hooded figure, whose face was a glowing yellow sku Skeletor.

are you entirely sure about that?

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:49 pm

nosimpleway wrote:A topless coffee shop. I'm sure there's lots to unpack there but we can just throw away the whole suitcase.

Ironically, "bottomless coffee" would probably be a more lucrative venture.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:55 pm

beatbandito wrote:
Upthorn wrote:a mysterious, malevolent hooded figure, whose face was a glowing yellow sku Skeletor.

are you entirely sure about that?

Yes. His cloak was dark and had a hood, kinda like if this guy's Image hood were a full cloak.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:06 am

I just woke up from... I don't really know what it was. I think someone described it as a "millennial utopia?"

I was wandering around some dark arched halls lined with doors that I think lead to homes, each lit by a soft orange candle-like light. Some disconnected voice said "one of the first things they did when they took over was to blow up the high-power daylights, but everyone seemed happier for it." I dunno, the atmosphere felt more cozy than ominous or dreary.

Then I rounded a corner and was immediately woken with some shrill sound out of nowhere. I thought it was a scream at first, but I think it was the payroll app on my phone, which seems to think 5am is a good time to notify me.

I guess I should get in the shower and figure this out later.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:15 pm

One of those "lost in a public place and in a hurry to get somewhere", which is usually "frantically searching for my daughter" but in this case I know she's with a friend who can look out for her and I just need to meet them, so there's more annoyance and less panic this time. I'm in some kind of office building, so I leave and I'm in the dining room of a sports bar or something, so I leave and I'm in some kind of housewares store, so I leave, etc. etc.

Eventually I end up in a shop clearly converted from someone's house, with herbs and sigils and tarot card decks and so on. The three women who work here look like the witchy goth gf that's become so trendy to lust after in meme form. But apparently they are Legit because I am now There For A Consultation, have been for a while, and apparently things aren't going all that well.

"You'll drink this", I am instructed as one of them hands me an odd wooden container with some viscous liquid inside. "You'll start seeing and hearing things, and when you tell us what you see we can tell you what it means for you."
So I do.
"Whoa. He drank the whole thing."
"Better buckle up, ha ha!"

I wait. "So, uh, when does it start?"
"You should be seeing stuff already. And if you drank all of it, I'm surprised the walls aren't melting or anything."
"Nope. Only thing different is that she's here now."
"Yeah," says the Recurring Woman Who Keeps Showing Up In My Dreams. "If I had anything insightful to share I'd have done it before."

If the Hecate Sisters manage to draw any conclusions from her presence I wake up before they can tell me what they are. Ain't that always the way

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Last night I dreamed I was playing Eversion, only it had a Cooking Mama style cooking minigame in it.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:01 pm

I was helping set up for a party when I noticed our old cat, Boo, looking like someone had spilled a charcuterie plate on his face (and even followed it up with lettuce).

I laughed and asked him if he was a sandwich. An unidentified person who was helping with party setup responded
"Yes! I made him a sandwich!"

He slurped up a slice of meat and a slice of cheese from off his face and darted away.

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:37 pm

Last night I had a dream where it turned out that John Malkovich was in an obscure PS1-era platformer game with FMV elements. He played the villain, Doctor Deadly, a mad scientist with a lab coat and bouffant red hair. In the game, you fought Doctor Deadly, then a giant robot spider with a bag on it's head, then you fought Doctor Deadly again, only this time he was naked. As it turns out, the game was incredibly popular in Japan, a fact that Conan O'Brien brought up during an interview with John Malkovich.

Anyway, it turned out that Naoki Yoshida was a fan of the game, and put a secret quest into FFXIV where you could open up a trial where you fought Doctor Deadly and his paper-bag spider à la Gilgamesh and Enkidu.