Pets!

Yoji

Re: Pets!

Postby Yoji » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:28 am

MIL: "Yoji, have you seen Oreo?"
Y: "I'll keep an eye out. Be right back, I need to find the bolt sizer."

(five minutes later)

Y: "Okay, a few things. I got Oreo. He was playing with a black cat. At least, I hope they were playing; I held them close to each other and they didn't flip out. The new cat is jet black, about Oreo's size, and sooo soft. Also, you can like stop a mugging with this sizer tool."
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Grath

Postby Grath » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:37 am

Hamish just turned 9.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Here we have an example of what we call "compositional storytelling".

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:58 pm

Ollie & Minnie so :3

Y'all need pigeon/pet netting put in if you can afford it. Or is doing stuff like that banned in your building? (I forget)

Pigeon Tom does really good work.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:36 am

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:55 pm

Is that your lil orang boi, Beat?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm

That is Weegee, one of the old boys, being probably the most active in over a year. Here he is pictured with his bro, Mario, in their more natural state.

I also have the baby, Marina. This is her first fall, as she's just over a year old and was still moving in last October.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:49 pm

I'm legitimately wondering if I need to get a sweater for one of my cats.

It's gotten pretty cold lately, at least for southern California. Mid-upper 60s during the day, lower 50s to upper 40s overnight. I wondered if it was a coincidence that our youngest and skinniest cat was curling up in bed with everyone, which he normally doesn't do. Then last night he climbed under the my blankets as we were trying to go to sleep. Like, completely under, like one of my kids trying to play cave/tunnel games.

I guess I'll see if this keeps happening?

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Yoji wrote:I'm legitimately wondering if I need to get a sweater for one of my cats.

It's gotten pretty cold lately, at least for southern California. Mid-upper 60s during the day, lower 50s to upper 40s overnight. I wondered if it was a coincidence that our youngest and skinniest cat was curling up in bed with everyone, which he normally doesn't do. Then last night he climbed under the my blankets as we were trying to go to sleep. Like, completely under, like one of my kids trying to play cave/tunnel games.

That's pretty normal seasonal behavior for my cats (Nor Cal). Unless the cat has an underlying medical condition, I don't think you need a sweater.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:35 pm

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:38 am

I keep hearing they shot Artemis into space but I checked and she's still where I left her

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:47 am

So, my wife and I had to fish one of our cats out of the neighbor's tree. It was a semi elaborate operation involving a shakey ladder and a pet carrier on a rope.

Oreo is unharmed, just very dumb.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Esperath wrote:
Yoji wrote:I'm legitimately wondering if I need to get a sweater for one of my cats.

That's pretty normal seasonal behavior for my cats (Nor Cal). Unless the cat has an underlying medical condition, I don't think you need a sweater.

Well, things have happened anyway.

So if you don't hear from me again, I've likely been mauled by this cold little gremlin.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:47 pm

never apologize for getting a cat in a sweater

if you get boots on them, start an onlyfans

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:19 pm

I hope he's much happier.

(You should also knit him a scarf.)

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:05 pm

He's managed to wriggle out of it multiple times already. We put it on, he goes off, and a little while later we find it on the floor somewhere else.

As I'm posting, he's sitting at Kiddo 01's spot at the table and licking sausage grease off a dinner plate, so I guess he's okay.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:14 pm

Yoji wrote:He's managed to wriggle out of it multiple times already. We put it on, he goes off, and a little while later we find it on the floor somewhere else.

If the purpose of the sweater is to make him more comfortable (by warming him up) and he prefers not to have it on...
Have you considered just enjoying that your cat is a little more snuggly this time of year?
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Yoji wrote:He's managed to wriggle out of it multiple times already.

ah, well, nevertheless

hi thad

Lady

Postby Lady » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:51 pm

Kinda apprehensive about my cat, Lola

She's 13 years old, so definitely a Senior, but not unreasonably old for a cat. The last time we took her in to the vet, they did some work up and told us that she was probably facing some kidney disease, which we expected already. That was like September or something.

Anyway, we took her in for a grooming appointment to get all her long hair shaved off so it doesn't pull on her and make her grumpy because she can't thoroughly groom herself anymore and she won't let anyone else do it. Wanted them to make sure and trim her dew claws as well.

Get a call in the middle of the day, hoping they're saying she's ready, but instead they're asking for permission to do a lion cut instead of a full body shave because the vet doesn't want to keep her under anesthesia any longer than necessary because of her *heart arrhythmia*

I'm sorry?!! Since when??

Their office is a shitshow on Fridays, but maybe around Tuesday I'll go over and make some Inquiries about what exactly they're referring to. We've been worried about her for a while because she hasn't been drinking from her fountain, so we're hand watering her, and it doesn't seem like really enough, and I'm not really ready to lose my mean ol' cat