Fucking Cell Phones

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Fucking Cell Phones

Postby Brentai » Sun May 10, 2020 1:16 am

I suppose it's asking too much for the Shield Portable to be compatible with the Shield Controller, huh? At any rate most Android devices including Shields should be compatible with Bluetooth mice/touchpads/trackballs/whatnot.

mharr

Postby mharr » Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 am

Well, the portable is essentially a Shield Controller with a flip top screen attached, so that would be pretty redundant under most circumstances. That being the case it probably works without a hitch.

I've been pointed towards a very cool piece of software that fixes this problem though, AppGround IO's Serverless Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse. Like it says on the tin, it turns an android phone or tablet into a generic wireless keyboard and touchpad mouse, with options for media buttons, back, home and menu, etc. Accidentally launching Chrome no longer feels like falling into a pit on the Atari ET cart, and if I buy a decent bluetooth dongle I'll have those devices in my pocket for troubleshooting at all times and look CRAZY CYBERPHREAK HAXX PRO.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm

So with today's release of Android 11, I got to thinking, hey, that invisiblek build of LineageOS I'm using hasn't been updated in four months, and that's not great.

Fortunately it appears that LineageOS now officially supports the Pixel 3a, so I wonder if I can dirty flash it. Guess I should have a backup plan just in case I can't -- I guess that's what the dual-firmware is for, though, right? Rolling back a botched update?