HOW WAS YOUR DAY

François

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby François » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:42 pm

A remarkable account of a remarkable man. You can't fit a lifetime's knowledge of a person in a speech, but one aspect well-told leaves a genuine impression. I have no doubt he is missed.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:07 am

<3 ;_;

François

Postby François » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Cripes, my shoulder injuries are flaring up all of a sudden. I had pretty much entirely recovered from my 2015 accident, but yesterday I woke up feeling like someone had taken an axe to my left shoulder. It's the exact same pain in the exact same spot. I don't even know how it happened. Maybe I was in an awkward posture?

At least the leftover four-years-expired muscle relaxant I've got back then still seems to be helping somewhat, and hot showers are always a bit of a relief. I could probably get another prescription but it hurts to put on a shirt or to sit straight or to stand or walk so I'd rather not leave the house and spend any time in a waiting room if it can be avoided. I did regain maybe ten degrees of mobility today, so here's to hoping I can raise my arm again by Christmas.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm sure it's nothing anywhere near your level, but I once slept on my bad side (on accident, I assume I rolled over in my sleep and then just lay like a log for 8 hours) and woke up with a searing pain and lack of ability to move my arm for several days. It took months before I could lift my arm beyond my shoulder without it screaming at me.

So, yeah. It's very possible that you fucked it up in your sleep, because I guess dealing serious injury to yourself while you sleep is just, you know, a thing that can happen to humans. Cool.
ImageImageImage

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Last time I fragged my shoulder in my sleep (I did it wrangling my heavy down comforter) I got my doctor to send me to physical therapy and we fixed all sorts of posture and weakness issues. I highly recommend physical therapy for fixing unreasonable bodies.

François

Postby François » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Yeah, physical therapy would probably be the best course of action, but historically, even medical professionals have had, let's say, heavy prejudice regarding my sleep disorder. I don't know if I'll be awake at this hour tomorrow, so keeping appointments days or weeks into the future tends to be challenging. I've had an actual mental health-type therapist drop me as a patient because he "felt I wasn't taking the process seriously", despite how I attended our sessions literally every time it was possible for me to do so. And it feels pretty crummy to take up a slot someone else could have knowing that in all likelihood I'll just wake up 5-20 hours late and waste everyone's time.

If my shoulder doesn't improve I'll have to consider it, but it's something of a last resort in a sense.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Was over at my brother's house for Christmas. Wanted to do the usual thing and bring a dessert, and being in Greektown I went to one of the best Greek bakeries and got a big box of some really nice baklava (some with pistachio cream filling, others with strawberry jam, and a couple odds and ends).

It turns out I somehow have magic fraternal psychic powers, because, unbeknownst to me, my brother had been desperately craving baklava for something like six weeks - but he hadn't got any because it was too expensive out in the nowheresville he lives in now for him to justify buying some.

François

Postby François » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Every Christmas miracle should involve baklava. Like, legally.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Pictured: Mongrel at Christmas, 2019

François

Postby François » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:28 pm

So this morning I go to the bathroom. Every surface is completely fogged up, with water dripping off the window blinds. The bathtub faucet is pouring hot water. I try to shut it off. It's already off. Whoops. I open the window and let the Québec winter in, just to give the vapor an out. Day's off to a good start.

I do my natural business on the throne, flush, and notice the tank is noisy as hell and fills up extremely slowly. What a morning. Crazy odds, too.

I wash my hands. Alarmed by another odd sound, I realize the U pipe under the sink has literally broken and fallen off. Fortunately I keep an old washtub under there, but it's still a sub-optimal situation in general.

Dang but I'm glad my landlord's an absolute mensch (well, inasmuch as that's at all possible for a landlord). Everything's sorted out now. And it's December 30th too. Wow.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 pm

It's sort of funny seeing all these memes that basically go:

January 1st: Hey 2020's here!
January 2nd: All of Australia is on fire!
January 3rd: Oh hey, who's up for WWIII?

You know that feeling when you're exhausted, but just cant sleep - only it's the middle of the day and you're not actually trying to go to bed?

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:49 pm

I am 100% lit for WWIII

lit

on fire

by nukes

and biological weapons aimed at specific genetic types using CRISPR
ImageImageImage

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:53 pm

I went into the restaurant to meet my friend, moved to take my coat off

and hit a server tray, which then dumped an entire bowl of udon directly on my friend's lap

What even are the odds here

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 pm

I hope you at least thought to say "U don with that?" and mug for the camera.

mharr

Postby mharr » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Off to pick up the hire truck in about seven hours.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Good luck, mharr!

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:24 pm

oh fuck Scotland!

I've heard it's pretty great! Lots of cool Scottish people have said so!

And, I mean. Let's be 100% honest. Best accent.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Good on you for moving to the best part of Britain. :D

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Mongrel wrote:part of Britain

God help you if you tell any Scots that.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:19 pm

Büge wrote:
Mongrel wrote:part of Britain

God help you if you tell any Scots that.

The island's geographic name if still gonna be (Great) Britain even is Scotland separates. :B