Shittier Days

Silversong

Re: Shittier Days

Postby Silversong » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:03 pm

Not The Asshole. Dude doubled-down on how making teeth somehow makes him immune to gravity. Even if your mere existence was annoying somehow, no excuse.

Did you take any corgi pics?

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:13 pm

Got out of my car, went inside, and immediately our tree fell onto my car. I was inside long enough to put a package on the table before a neighbor told me it happened so factoring in walk time, it must have happened as I shut the door to the house. Funnily enough, I got out of my car so quickly because I had a package by the door I was excited about and didn't sit in my car for the minute I usually do before getting out.

I spent hours yesterday and today trying to get people to take care of the tree as well as figure out how fucked up my car is. The answer is not as visually fucked up as I would have hoped. I drove it to the auto shop and it wasn't going well, but they said it was impossible to have been frame damage from the tree. Taking it in for another opinion tomorrow on my lunch.

See, I usually pull my car forward another few feet under our OTHER tree, which habitually loses large ass limbs and I was hoping one of those would fall on my windshield or something, totaling it. I parked under our good tree yesterday. So obviously that fell. I just got my car out of the shop again on Friday, where my mechanic said "I can't see what's wrong with it. Come back when it gets worse so I can diagnose it." Which this whole thing is pretty funny because my issues with my car started when a lady t-boned me but I was told "there's no way it caused the issues you're having even though you weren't having them before the accident and now your car is struggling to make it across town."

Every now and then someone tries to re-coin Lottel Luck as a thing but they get the meaning wrong and it's difficult to nail down.
My mother actually hit the nail on the head yesterday and I finally have an example. "Only you would have a car fall and hit your tree and only destroy it in ways you can't prove." That's what I've always meant by Lottel Luck. When almost good luck is actually bad and everyone keeps telling you it's good.

Or maybe I'm secretly blessed and am just incredibly negative.

EDIT: I should add that the tree split in two and the other half has been aiming at our house but we can't get anyone to come out and help us because the storms have been bad today. The city should up to bulldoze the tree, but since both halves are still connected, it would have pushed the still standing half into the house. I argued against them partially destroying my house so they left and came back to do so today while I was hopping in the shower so I had to run out in my underwear and a coat to tell them to knock it off again.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:46 am

Silversong wrote:Not The Asshole. Dude doubled-down on how making teeth somehow makes him immune to gravity. Even if your mere existence was annoying somehow, no excuse.

Did you take any corgi pics?

I finally told my mother-in-law about it, and it sounds like he might have been showing the vase to relatives who have serious trouble walking. Still, if I'd known he'd react like that, I would've been much more careful and quiet.

Also, I linked these on discord, but say hello, Winston:
Image Image
(Wait, shit, I forgot he's deaf. Thumbs up, Winston!)

Lottel wrote:Got out of my car, went inside, and immediately our tree fell onto my car.

Okay, hold on, how big a tree are we talking about here? Like how close did we get to a Lottel sandwich?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 am

Yoji wrote:how close did we get to a Lottel sandwich?

According to Lottel, not close enough!

Also, attempted car & driver murder by tree is a Bronto tradition.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:30 am

Mongrel wrote:
Yoji wrote:how close did we get to a Lottel sandwich?

According to Lottel, not close enough!

Also, attempted car & driver murder by tree is a Bronto tradition.

Back when I was in high school, we had three trees (well, technically one tree fell twice...) fall on the house in ways that caused super minimal damage over about seven years. It seemed improbable after the second time, and impossible the third.

atog

Postby atog » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:23 am

What a huge, boopable snoot.

Doggos heal just about everything just by being. I checked in here because there was a new post, and didn't expect to find a big toofyhead two-scoops in the Shittier Days thread. "That doesn't belong here..." Wait. Yes it does. Not to distract us from our real problems, but to give our hearts breathing space.

Not to gloss over what must have been a needlessly antagonistic and brittle relationship at the funeral. First thing came to mind when I read "I DON'T DROP THINGS" was the Gary Larson panel where God dropped a jar of highly experimental specimens out of the heavens, and it broke somewhere in the Garden of Eden and the specimens escaped, the firmament rumbling with a windy "Oh nooo..."

What's especially comically small-peen energy is that he carries around a picture of an orthodontics job he did as if that is required on multiple occasions in his life to prove to others that he's a gigachad professional manbro. It's maybe the one good thing he ever did, and damn straight he's got pics of it, and everytime he perceives any slight to his ego, pardon me while I whip this out. Relax, dude.

Maybe he's all fine and I just need to shut up.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:10 pm

I think I finally got the rona.

Been feeling vaguely under the weather since a few hours after a dentist appointment last Monday -- waking up every morning with sore throat and congestion, then feeling fine a couple hours later.
Then I ran some errands on Saturday, and I was laid out all day the next day.
Then I woke up in the middle of the night last night, and everything smelled like bleach + gasoline + candle wax + being jabbed with a needle.
Fell back to sleep after a while, but today I'm dizzy, super fatigued, and everything has an undertone of bleach smell.

Also, I can't find where my partner put the new covid tests we bought the other day.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Fuuuck, sorry man.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Found covid tests, took one. Shows negative.
I might believe it if a second test agrees in a couple of days.

Edit: Looks like it was a false alarm. Bleach smell was my mom doing cleaning, middle of the night stuff must have been something going on outside my bedroom window.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.