Regular Deals Thread

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Regular Deals Thread

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 pm

If we already have a thread for non-game non-comic deals, it's either dead or named something so stupid that I can't find it. Anyway!

ATH-M50x headphones with swappable straight and coiled cables for $100. These are very popular headphones, usually the highest-rated ones on Amazon, and they pop up all over my workplace. They MSRP for $170 but usually run around $130 or so. Supposedly they hit the right balance of comfort, sturdiness, sound, and not being too expensive.

SD seems to think this is a price mistake so if you're thinking about it you might want to pounce.

François

Re: Regular Deals Thread

Postby François » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Hmm! Two pairs of the 15$ sonsabitches that I used to think were pretty good for the price just crapped out on me (big surprise!), and I got enough translation bucks left to treat myself some more, so I might have to jump on this. Thanks for the heads-up!

EDIT: Whuh-oh, their free shipping doesn't work for Canadians, and the extra thirty clams put this right over the "irresponsible purchase" line for me. :3

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Don't forget the price would also be in USD.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:20 am

Brentai wrote:If we already have a thread for non-game non-comic deals, it's either dead or named something so stupid that I can't find it.

It's Deals on Things and I put it on the media board because most of the deals were on media things.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:58 am

FREE SLURPEE DAY AT 7/11

Here is my experience visiting a 7/11 for the first time in exactly one year:

• Three of the four machines broken, only flavor available is Sour Patch Kids Watermelon
  • Line at complete standstill for the exact amount of time it took for my slurpee to melt to half its original volume.
  • Cause revealed to be family at counter taking selfies of themselves holding up their slurpees, shifting into photos directly of the slurpee container on the counter. Dead-eyed woman at the counter simply waiting the entire thing out.
  • Get to counter, put down slurpee with two bags of Haribo Gold-Bears, woman stares vacantly into the middle distance for an uncomfortable 10 - 15 seconds. Taken aback, I move the gummy bears upside down and side-by-side in front of her so that the bar codes are facing her. No reaction. I pick the slurpee a little bit off the counter and look at her and ask, "so, do you have to scan this or anything?" to jog her back to reality. She mumbles something, I lean in, "say again?", she mumbles at exactly the same volume, I nod and say, "okay cool." She scans the two gummy bears, then looks at the Free Slurpee Day slurpee, then looks at the cashier next to her, then they proceed to have a back-and-forth in I think Spanish that goes on for a full minute, concluding in an absolutely inaudible mumble to me.
  • "Cool. No bag, I'll just put these gummy bears in mine."
  • She takes out bag, puts the gummy bears in, hands it to me.
  • I thank her, walk back to the machine, re-fill the tiny slurpee cup back to full volume, leave.
  • Sour Patch Kids makes a delightful candy but holy christ this slurpee is literally like drinking liquid Sour Patch Kids. Do not get this flavor.
  • Upon arriving at my apartment, add bag to bag of bags I have under my sink.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Anyone want a 7-tesla superconducting magnet for under $300?

i feel like if you spend under 300 dollars and get something over 3 tons, you're getting a good deal

they'll get you on shipping, though.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Mongrel wrote:over 3 tons

approximately 3,500 lbs
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Well, I'm neither of the people quoted, but I'll just blame the metric system.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:55 pm

sorry, I just deleted everything in between the quotes except for the little blurb, did not mean to attribute it directly to you
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Felipe Sobreiro is selling T-shirts with some of his illustrations for Nathan Rabin's The Weird Accordion to Al on them. Bohemian Polka and Smells Like Nirvana are currently on sale for $14 each.

(And for $65 he will draw a picture of you with Weird Al.)