"Coronavirus" is the category, dangit. (COVID-19 thread)

Büge

Re: "Coronavirus" is the category, dangit. (COVID-19 thread)

Postby Büge » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 pm

I managed to get my second shot (Moderna, to be specific), and thus far the only effects have been aches throughout my body, as if I'd been standing and walking all day.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

yay

I managed to get my second shot (Moderna, to be specific), and thus far the only effects have been aches throughout my body, as if I'd been standing and walking all day.

yay

I'm happy for you! Sorry about your earlier misadventure, I'm glad you got the second shot.

also yeah the fatigue was real. I got pfizer but pretty much everyone says the fatigue and aches are pretty standard.
ImageImageImage

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:01 pm

Büge wrote:I managed to get my second shot (Moderna, to be specific), and thus far the only effects have been aches throughout my body, as if I'd been standing and walking all day.

Just like Rory Calhoun

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Delta variant’s rampant US spread has experts rethinking masks—again

But the unvaccinated aren't the only people threatened by delta's frenetic spread. Some experts point out that, although vaccines are still highly effective at preventing death and disease, they're not 100 percent effective overall. There's still a small chance that fully vaccinated people can get infected, and—although any such infections would very likely be asymptomatic or cause only mild disease—those fully vaccinated people could still help the highly contagious variant spread onward.

This is creating a rift among experts on what precautions fully vaccinated people should take. Those at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention argue that the risk of spread—to and from—fully vaccinated people is very low. As such, the agency continues to say that fully vaccinated people can shed their masks and walk among crowds. Other experts, including experts at the World Health Organization, are more precautious.

"We still live in a world that is only partially vaccinated, that has a lot of susceptibility, a lot of vulnerability," Bruce Aylward, a senior advisor for the World Health Organization's director-general, said in a press briefing last week. "So, what we're saying is: once you've been fully vaccinated, continue to play it safe, because you could end up as part of a transmission chain."

Aylward and several other WHO experts reiterated their long-standing position that everyone—even those fully vaccinated—should continue to do everything they can to reduce transmission, particularly as the delta variant spreads.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:03 pm

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:53 pm

One month on they'll have convinced themselves that was the message all along and anything else you may have heard was from the antifas.

Fuck it though, I'd take that win.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Unless the loonies just turn on FOX as well.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:22 pm

Mongrel wrote:Unless the loonies just turn on FOX as well.

I mean, they already have.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 pm

So, uh, I don't want to be alarmist, but the Lambda variant out of Peru has a fatality rate of NINE POINT THREE PERCENT.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 am

Mongrel wrote:So, uh, I don't want to be alarmist, but the Lambda variant out of Peru has a fatality rate of NINE POINT THREE PERCENT.

Just the regular seasonal flu doing flu things, no cause for worry.