Postby JD » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Büge

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Büge » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:37 pm

"Look, just imagine the worst possible thing that could be in there, then rest well assured that it's much worse than that because police depravity is far beyond your NPC imagination."

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:29 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:39 pm

Even my sleepy little backwater town, Chico, has had decades of consistent problems with cops running overtime scams. And they keep asking for more funding. And they of course keep getting it, because human beings fucking love cops and worship them EVEN NOW. THE BOOMERS LOVE COPS GUYS IT'S INSANE MY MOM STILL THINKS ITS JUST A FEW BAD APPLES

So let's sum up, shall we?

Cops are:

1. Shooting and otherwise murdering people at rates far exceeding any possible "correct" rate of murder, incredibly moreso for minorities

2. Useless when called to do mundane actions (ala Niku's recent story, I myself have multiple stories of cops showing up when called and refusing to do their jobs)

3. Too afraid to go up against armed child murderers, preferring instead to just let the kids die so the shooter can expend all their ammo

4. Using overtime scams to repeatedly, consistently nationwide rip off the taxpayers while simultaneously constantly demanding more and more of the city budget so they can run even more overtime scams

5. Systemically racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc

I know part of the undying love Boomers (and to a lesser extend non-boomers) have for cops is because of the absolutely insane amount of copaganda shows on American TV that they grew up with and are still on now. tl;dr Blue Bloods is actually, literally Satan. Have you guys fucking watched an episode of that shit? It's fucking unreal. Cops are portrayed as angelic. But man Boomer and Boomer-like thirst for cop dick really cannot be overstated. How they keep electing people who promise to give cops more money is fucking beyond me.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:49 pm

Friday wrote:MY MOM STILL THINKS ITS JUST A FEW BAD APPLES

god how do all these motherfuckers only know the first half of that expression

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:23 pm

At this point I think we can say it's wilful ignorance.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:50 pm

But you can bet your bottom Amero that one crackpot Muslim who sets his nuts on fire trying to blow up a plane spoils the whole barrel.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:26 pm

The REALLY annoying thing is my mom is actually pretty leftist! I won't go so far as to say she's progressive, but I actually got her to vote for Bernie back in the 2020 primary and then convinced her that voting for Biden in the general wasn't "a waste of her time".

On almost any topic she's either already with me or can be fairly easily convinced when I talk about evidence and data. But for whatever reason, her and a lot of other Liberal-Boomer types just absolutely cannot be convinced that cops are systemically bad for society. Like they hate Trump and want Universal Healthcare and etc etc but man, those TV shows did a fucking number on her, I guess. I mean, it has to be the decades of copaganda. There's no other reason for it.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:29 pm

Oh I heard a good one recently, forget where.

Q: How many good cops does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: I dunno. I'll let you know when a good cop changes anything.
ImageImageImage

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:45 am

Friday wrote:Like they hate Trump and want Universal Healthcare and etc etc but man, those TV shows did a fucking number on her, I guess. I mean, it has to be the decades of copaganda. There's no other reason for it.

Does anyone else remember being told as a kid not to believe everything you see on TV? "Martial arts in real life aren't anything like in Power Rangers, Lil Yoji." Which might seem like an unfair comparison, but is it really?

Also, not sure what to think now about my late father-in-law's fondness for detective shows. Mostly about British murder mysteries in small towns with alarmingly high body counts, but also some regular police procedurals that make me feel gross looking back...

Friday wrote:A: I dunno. I'll let you know when a good cop changes anything.

(Yoji opens an old pocket watch with the names "Adrian Schoolcraft" and "Cariole Horne" carved inside, muttering something about ex-cops)

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:46 am

Thad wrote:
Friday wrote:MY MOM STILL THINKS ITS JUST A FEW BAD APPLES

god how do all these motherfuckers only know the first half of that expression

Listen, there are a few bad apples, and the rest are good Samaritans who pulled themselves up by the bootstraps.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:09 am

Friday wrote:Blue Bloods is actually, literally Satan. Have you guys fucking watched an episode of that shit?

No, but I watched this, and that was enough for me.

(It's part of a series on copaganda)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:09 am

So now it's looking like the door to the classroom in Uvalde might have been unlocked the entire time.

I know we're all rightly assuming the worst possible actions by the Uvalde cops, but like, there's shit that doesn't even cross your mind to even be fucked up in the first place that they've fucked up.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:45 pm

It really is impressive how the truth here repeatedly manages to be worse than anyone can imagine. "No, no, worse than that, no, worse, no keep going back, it's worse than even that."

We already passed "The cops effectively murdered all the kids themselves" way, way back. At this point it's not unreasonable to assume several cops were in the room giving the killer a blowjob while he stood there murdering children.

Over/under on how long before that guy just winds up dead?

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:01 am

No way, even as bad as he is, cops protect their own. Now, if he says something negative about other cops...

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:45 am

Who said it would be a cop that did the deed? Unless you mean his "friends" will keep him safe, in which case, lol, nah.

Meanwhile...

This is shitbat batshit lunacy; 142.7% crazypants.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:38 am

We really will try anything else besides getting rid of guns, won't we? Like, we'd sooner try injecting kevlar into our children to make them bulletproof first?

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:10 am

Nobody has any choice. We're stuck in a Prisoner's Dilemma with 100 million people whose strategy is Always Betray.