Our Boys In Blue

beatbandito

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby beatbandito » Thu May 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Mongrel wrote:In the ever-lengthening list of lies, turns out the cops were full of shit about even confronting him outside the school at all.

a statement made by cops, after being asked why they let the killer walk off from the first confrontation (something that cops also said)

you don't have to just blind post every new statement calling the last one a lie, like the cops want you to

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 5:44 pm

Not quite sure what you mean?

Here's the statement in the local paper as of the current time:
The gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers crossed the grounds of the Texas elementary school without being confronted and entered the building through an unlocked door, authorities said on Thursday, offering another new account of the events that proceeded the massacre.

[killer] crashed his pickup truck outside the school at 11:28 a.m. (1628 GMT) on Tuesday, fired several shots at two bystanders across the street and walked into the school at 11:40 a.m. (1640 GMT), Victor Escalon, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at a news conference.

Escalon said two responding officers entered the school four minutes later but took cover after Ramos fired multiple rounds at them.

So I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here? Even the county shill limply defending the cops is doing a crap job and his statement is being contradicted within the same article. I think even the most unflattering accounts by the most hostile sources are all still basically on some variation of the cops running and hiding like chickenshits, with maybe some differences regarding where/when. Like Brent said, this is effectively aiding and abetting anyway.

So are you saying that the cops actively had some kind of conversation with the killer and proceeded to tell him to go on his merry way? I mean.. I think that's the only way they can look even worse after all that's come out?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu May 26, 2022 6:21 pm

The entirety of your last post was "last statement was definitely a lie, I know this because of the new statement" which is just a terrible way to get and spread information.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Pretty sure that "ever-lengthening list of lies" was an unambiguous indication that I'm not taking police sources at face value, nor should anyone else.

Like what the fuck man, you haven't even explained what you meant. You just complained about the new post.

And who the fuck here do you think is defending the cops? Knock it off.

EDIT: Let me try this again from the top.

As I understand it, the CBP guys are the ones who accidentally tipped that the local cops had never even tried to enter, when they mentioned they had to search for a key, which as it turns out is very important in figuring out what happened.

The cops maybe exchanged fire with the guy, but once he ran into the school they stood down and concentrated on tazing, pepper spraying, and handcuffing "disobedient" parents.

CBP arrives, and only then does someone asks if there's a key to the classroom (there's no Knox box there). So everyone flails around until a key's produced.

There was no key ready for the CPB guys, because the local assholes didn't ask about it, and the assholes never asked about a key because they never even tried to get in.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu May 26, 2022 6:40 pm

On the other hand, they just felt the need to make this statement at a press conference:

So I'm guessing that we're about to find out that several of the children died to police crossfire.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Also speaking of statements, the Uvalde Police Chief has yet to make one and the school district has put down a gag order on the teachers.

What Uvalde LE apparatus is not quite saying but which seems apparent is that someone made the decision to "triage" - i.e. to fucking write off everyone in the classroom as dead - very early on. Which I'm pretty sure is not the protocol on paper (we almost certainly would have heard about something that absurd already if it was a matter of public record).

So it ALSO seems like we should know who made that decision, when they made it, and why they made it.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu May 26, 2022 7:12 pm

Postby Newbie » Thu May 26, 2022 8:14 pm

I want an entire non-profit PAC and activism organization around the phrase "BLUE LIVES ARE BASTARDS" in red text with a big red (/) symbol over the Blue Lives flag that sells anti-cop rhetoric merch, and I want the profits to go towards whatever efforts exist to oppose police unions and to support demilitarization of American law enforcement and restructuring in the European model. I want a BLAB hotline/website for turning over incriminating materials on corrupt and incompetent cops, and I want those materials to be used to exert pressure on the forces that conspire to protect these creeps.
tiny text

Postby Newbie » Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 pm

Crucially, like a week later, I want another storefront to open selling anti-BLAB merch using all the obvious copaganda that's likely to appear as a response, but the proceeds from those sales should also go to anti-cop causes.
tiny text

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri May 27, 2022 11:55 am

"Lying in the moment is second nature to cops" is definitely a wonderful thing to admit publicly.

Edit to add:

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri May 27, 2022 1:26 pm

Gonna double post on this because holy fuck, the cops keep digging their hole even deeper:

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Fri May 27, 2022 1:50 pm

How is everything I learn so much worse
signature

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri May 27, 2022 1:56 pm

My wife did a twitter thread yesterday which went pretty viral. She's a good and concise writer ( she's a lawyer and she used to work for the civilian oversight office for the Chicago Police), but I think this is the most important bit of information she imparted in the thread:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 27, 2022 4:28 pm

Point-form summary of student calls to 911, per the NYT. Spoilered for obvious CW, even though it's descriptive rather than actual quotations.

Student calls to 911:
12:03—whispered she's in room 112
12:10—said multiple dead
12:13—called again
12:16—says 8-9 students alive
12:19—student calls from room 111
12:21—3 shots heard on call
12:36—another call
12:43—asks for police
12:47—asks for police

That's nine phone calls. I very much do not want to hear the audio.

No mistake, this will continue to come out worse and worse, given how many critical points of information have still not been revealed, even basics like the name or profile of the BP guy who shot the killer.

Oh and the local PD's now trying to scapegoat the Chief of the School's own dedicated PD (which only has 7 cops) saying he was in charge of the situation. There's no way that's not a 100% bullshit claim.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Fri May 27, 2022 5:01 pm

Per the NYT
The gunman had arrived at the school at 11:28 a.m., Mr. McCraw said, and began firing rounds into school windows. At the same time, a school district police officer who was responding to reports of a gunman inadvertently “drove right by the suspect” in pursuit of someone else he thought was the gunman, but was actually a teacher, officials said.
signature

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun May 29, 2022 1:02 am

"Surely this can't get any du-"
"Don't bother spending even ONE SECOND on that thought."

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sun May 29, 2022 11:52 am

I was just thinking the other day how crazy and incoherent the gun humpers are regarding the police. They'll tell me "we NEED the police because they're the only thing between us and anarchy," but then also tell me you need to defend yourself with a gun because the police take five minutes to respond.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Sun May 29, 2022 4:25 pm

Nobody hates a conservative like a conservative does.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 31, 2022 10:00 pm

Trying not to update on this much, but it seems the Texas DPS is not going to cover for the Uvalde PD (and the DPS has a pretty long track record of being very generous with helping local cops to cover shit up, so you know this is some kryptonite shit), so the Uvalde PD have withdrawn all cooperation with the DPS (and probably soon the DOJ as well).

Of course we're seeing speculation that the cops did in fact kill some of the kids, but honestly, I've been assuming this since that unprompted vehement denial, and finding out that was the case basically wouldn't make a difference in how I felt, because IMO the cops already killed every last one of those kids.

If anything I'd feel less angry if they had actually TRIED to do something and kids were killed in the crossfire due to their incompetence, instead of what they actually did.

(and yes, it's 'did' not 'didn't do').

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Tue May 31, 2022 11:22 pm

Give it a week and it'll come out that the cops killed the remainder of the classroom intentionally.