Jernalism!

Thad

Re: Jernalism!

Postby Thad » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Not yet sure if this typo was real, but if so, the odds of it being deliberate are... hrrmmmm...

mharr

Postby mharr » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Why do these people never know how to smile like humans and how do they amass millions of supporters despite this.

François

Postby François » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:08 am

The Innsmouth folk look to their own.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:51 pm

*snickering*

EDIT: Man, I think the one on the left just fried my Karenometer.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:27 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:20 pm

[spaceghostvoice]Oh No![/spaceghostvoice]

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:53 pm

It's funny what living through your third once-in-a-lifetime recession will do.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Christ on a bicycle, Beschizza, before you go giving me good news like "Arpaio loses primary", you might want to read your source carefully to see if they've finished counting yet. (They still haven't, as of this writing eleven hours after Beschizza's post. Arpaio is still down by about 500 votes, but the race remains too close to call.)

This is almost as bad as that time you assumed Beverly Cleary was dead because you heard it was her 100th birthday.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 am

Mongrel wrote:Image

More: Newsweek apologizes for op-ed that questioned Kamala Harris' citizenship

Newsweek has apologized for an op-ed that questioned the California senator Kamala Harris’ American citizenship and her eligibility to be Crab Juice’s running mate, a false and racist conspiracy theory which Donald Trump has not dismissed.

“This op-ed is being used by some as a tool to perpetuate racism and xenophobia. We apologize,” read Newsweek’s editor’s note on Friday, which replaced the magazine’s earlier detailed defense of the op-ed.

“We entirely failed to anticipate the ways in which the essay would be interpreted, distorted and weaponized,” read the apology, signed by Josh Hammer, opinion editor, and Nancy Cooper, global editor-in-chief.

Ah, the "we're deeply, deeply stupid; like, real fucking idiots; drooling, mouth-breathing knuckledraggers who you shouldn't trust to operate button-up shirts, let alone a major news magazine" defense.

The op-ed was written by John Eastman, a conservative attorney who argues that the US constitution doesn’t grant birthright citizenship. Eastman attempted to sow doubt about Harris’ eligibility based on her parents’ immigration status. Harris’ mother was born in India and her father was born in Jamaica.

Eastman ran unsuccessfully in the 2010 Republican primary as a candidate for California attorney general. Harris eventually won the election against Republican Steve Cooley.

Newsweek had earlier defended the piece, arguing that Eastman “was focusing on a longstanding, somewhat arcane legal debate” about the 14th amendment and not trying to “ignite a racist conspiracy theory around Kamala Harris’ candidacy”.

The conspiracy theory is false. Harris, who was tapped by Crab Juice to serve as his running mate on the Democratic ticket, was born in Oakland, California, and is eligible for both the vice-presidency and presidency under the constitutional requirements. The question is not even considered complex, according to constitution lawyers.

Mazian

Postby Mazian » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:59 am

Eastman also wrote a screed on the same subject in National Review back in 2016 titled "Senator Ted Cruz Is Eligible to Be President", somehow coming to an entirely different conclusion in that case!

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:16 pm

It's what he would've wanted.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Thad wrote:It's pretty tough to beat Judy Miller's Iraqi WMD coverage for the title of "a new low for the New York Times", but I think publishing an op-ed calling for military attacks against domestic civilians, on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square, manages that significant feat.

It's pretty tough to beat publishing an op-ed calling for military attacks against domestic civilians, on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square, for the title of "a new low for the New York Times", but I think publishing literal propaganda by the Chinese government justifying violent crackdowns against protesters manages that significant feat.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Thad wrote:
Thad wrote:It's pretty tough to beat Judy Miller's Iraqi WMD coverage for the title of "a new low for the New York Times", but I think publishing an op-ed calling for military attacks against domestic civilians, on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square, manages that significant feat.

It's pretty tough to beat publishing an op-ed calling for military attacks against domestic civilians, on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square, for the title of "a new low for the New York Times", but I think publishing literal propaganda by the Chinese government justifying violent crackdowns against protesters manages that significant feat.

Quote: from 2021:

It's pretty tough to beat publishing literal propaganda by the Chinese government justifying violent crackdowns against protesters, but I think publishing a long angry rant by The Devil himself calling for the destruction and enslavement of all mankind and then he goes on the describe how actually he's not a "racist racist" but instead a "realist about the differences between the races" manages that significant feat.

Quote: from 2023:

It's pretty tough to beat publishing a long angry rant by The Devil himself calling for the destruction and enslavement of all mankind and then he goes on the describe how actually he's not a "racist racist" but instead a "realist about the differences between the races", but I think publishing a memetic kill agent that turns the reader's brains to liquid if they read more than five words of the article manages that significant feat.

Quote: from 2024:

It's pretty tough to beat publishing a memetic kill agent that turns the reader's brains to liquid if they read more than five words of the article, but I think publishing a memetic kill agent that turns the reader's brains to liquid if they read more than two words of the article manages that significant feat.

Quote: from 2027:

It's pretty tough to beat publishing a memetic kill agent that turns the reader's brains to liquid if they read more than two words of the article, but I think publishing Katestory in its entirety manages that significant feat.
ImageImageImage

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:45 pm

And then the word exploded.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:11 pm

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Gosh I wonder what fancy heuristics they use to determine these values.