The Winter Up There Must Give People Brain Freeze

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: The Winter Up There Must Give People Brain Freeze

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 pm

I take it more as his simply being chickenshit, which only emboldens the scum.

Someone tell the cops the truckers are with antifa.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:40 pm

"Guys one of the truckers is actually a First Nation child"

entire convoy immediately napalmed
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:47 pm

Oh fucking hell, it wasn't just pissing and shitting in public in random locations; They were doing it on the National War Memorial.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:03 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:15 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahaha omg

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:43 pm

Thread about the sheer levels of omnipresent noise in Ottawa at the moment.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:35 am

A small bit of an additional update. The Ottawa police service have given the following reasons for not having having taken any nazis for Starlight Tours:

- The convoy is apparently getting money and support from unnamed sources in the US (presumably fellow nazis).
- They have a fair number of weapons beyond the trucks themselves (which ARE quite formidable weapons) and several of the nazis are known to be itching for an excuse to use them
- Gentle reminder that the two times in the past 50-odd years in Canada where municipal cops called for military backup didn't go so well
- If shit goes boom it's basically impossible to un-boom it; they don't want any martyrs or "Remember January 6th!" stuff
- No matter how this gets solved, it's probably gonna be a shit sandwich

The fact that the nazis are armed changes things a little, IF true. Though with all the rednecks in there, I have about as little trouble buying that claim as the nazis probably had buying rifles or bear spray or w/e. Though that doesn't change things all that much - they were already dangerous and armed with very lethal weapons with just the trucks.

Which is really what this boils down to - being a threat. Indigenous or other marginalized folks don't scare cops (except, as always, the Mohawks, who scare 'em shitless, haha). Nazis do. More to the point, the nazis are a real threat to Ottawa residents: not once has any of the many large indigenous protests in Ottawa over the years resulted in mass violence of any sort, never mind explicitly targeting ordinary people. Whereas nazis are always casual as fuck about shooting or beat the shit out of anyone, including their own. The cops fuck this one up and there's a non-trivial chance of the nazis attacking the city.

So I'm willing to extend them a TINY amount of credit. TINY.

But there's a lot of "ifs" in that, and not that much patience. I imagine there's far less patience among the people who live in Ottawa.

And it's still racist, no question. The point is worth making again and again that if these guys were indigenous or black, threatening to overthrow the government, the cops would have dropped on them like a sackful of hammers - trucks or no trucks, weapons or no weapons. The whole reason the nazis have been emboldened in the first place is because they've had a pretty loose leash so far. Plus there's at least one video of a cop saying everything was hunky-dory to one of these fine people goons, so even after Jan 6th, at least some of these morons still don't get they're the first ones in line to get shot.

I guess I'll just say that the next time there's an indigenous protest or such, whichever cops become involved had DAMN WELL better show at LEAST as much restraint or there really will be hell to pay.

Fuckin' cops.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:05 am

Incidentally, while digging around, I tripped over this REALLY NICE photo-essay in The Narwhal about the current/very recent state of the situation on Wet'suwet'en lands.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Well, we've reached the point where even the generic national coverage is uniting to mock the comically ineffectual Ottawa police and their blatant double-standard. It's encouraging to see how many people are dumbfounded that these guys don't get the riot shield treatment. It's bad it had to happen this way, but it's certainly good to have an EXTREMELY visible example of the blatant racism in policing.

Also nice to see them naming specific nazi organizers and providing brief histories of their activities. Putting names and faces on the nazi mob makes the "this wasn't about the nazi stuff" a far harder line to swallow, since all but two of the organizers are nazis and one of the technically-non-nazis is a blatant apologist for them (so... a nazi by default anyway). The last one is just a completely clueless dope.

Various independent news sources were already publishing all that of course, but mainstream news carrying it makes it a lot less deniable for the public at large.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:53 pm

Nazis coming to Toronto this weekend. Unclear if the convoy from Ottawa is coming here, or if this is some new/alternate group.

Interesting wrinkle. This notice is getting shared heavily this afternoon, issued by one of the hospitals to staff:

Understandably, people were pissed as fuck to have the usual idiots at the TPS basically tell healthcare workers not to dress sexy so the rapists won't chase them.

But!

The bit where it gets all wrinkled is Toronto Police have been on social media all afternoon stating very explicitly and quite exhaustively (well, exhaustive for whoever's stuck manning their Twitter & FB accounts) that not only did they never say any such thing, they have an explicit restriction against telling people what to wear.

My guess is some idiot cop who was assigned to speak to hospitals, or who happened to be on duty when one of the major hospitals called for guidance, really did say something along those lines (or close), and the hospital staffer typed it up.

Hell, it might've even been just a dumb ol' genuine misunderstanding, Occam's Razor and all that. Likely? No. Possible? Yeah. Maybe.

So the fun's already started and the nazis aren't even here yet.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:21 am

Fair warning, each of these tweets is a thread link (not anything obscenely long, but like 10-20 tweets apiece). So if you want to read, go nuts, if not feel free to just skim this post.

Meanwhile, with the continued devolution of the Ottawa Police service into a neuter tucked into a fetal position (more on that below). Some residents and other Ontario folks are working to grab the nazis by their lug nuts, organizing and gathering info. Heroes sometimes come from the oddest places, in this case... an insurance adjustor!

Started a couple days ago with some idle thoughts.

Flash-forward to today and she's put out an entire operations manual:

This lady is a MEAN MACHINE

And it's working. Lawsuits are being filed. Allan Rock, a former national Health/Justice minister is giving out legal advice and guidance to anyone who'll listen. Some of the potential liability is insane, like the fact there's now an impromptu GAS STATION the idiots have set up in the middle of an intersection off of TWO PICKUPS. Those guys' insurance companies ever find out, it'll be cheaper for them to buy seats on a rocket to the moon than it will be for them to get car insurance.

I was starting to suspect that this might come down to money. Some other good news came when GoFundMe cancelled their nazi slush fund today, but only after one organizer took out 1 mil. I'm sure the nazis won't have any internal friction about who's using that and how, because if it's one things nazis know how to do it's distribute funds equitably and transparently! :V

As for the Ottawa Police, it's increasingly looking like the story is that plenty of Ottawa cops sympathize with the nazis (SURPRISE!) and the Chief is too damned gutless to face them down.

Backstory is chief Peter Sloly, who is is black, has tried various quasi-meaningful measures to address systemic racism in the Ottawa police, but kept trying to have it both ways and not alienate too many of the racist shits under his command. This has only made Sloly weak and ineffectual, so that now, when the chips really came down, he's had no stomach to do anything at all. Back in Toronto he was in charge of a G20 tactical unit which was was perfectly happy to beat the shit out of protesters (I knew I'd seen that name before somewhere... Toronto's Finest!), but when he Peter Principle'd his way into taking charge of a different bunch of nazi shitweasels, his spine knotted itself.

Good reminder that swapping chiefs often does next to nothing when it comes to entrenched cop culture, even less so when they try to solve entrenched racism by... keeping racists happy and in power? Folding like a wet paper hat, yeah, great plan, worked out real well.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:01 pm

Sometimes, the city is good

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 am

Well this is absolutely fucking nuts. Some nazi idiots tried to burn down an entire apt building last night, including deliberately sealing the doors (thread, w/pics)

Lots of nazi apologists in there ranting about how this is entirely made up because the OP didn't explicitly say they called the police or fire depts immediately. Which surely carries more weight than all the security footage showing a non-resident lighting a fire in the building's lobby.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Oh apparently the nazis have started using "Honk Honk" because "HH".

Appropriate response:

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:28 am

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Truckers misrepresenting employers by joining Ottawa protest, companies say

Daniel Miousse was shocked to see a photo of one of his company vehicles among the truck convoy protesters in downtown Ottawa, which was recently posted online.

Miousse, who owns an industrial fence company near Montreal, said he had no idea the pickup truck or his employee were in the nation's capital.

"One of our employees took our truck since, I think, last Wednesday," said Miousse, who is currently in Florida. "I was very upset. So I sent four people Sunday morning to get our truck back."

He said he plans to fire the worker.

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:02 pm

its_happening.gif

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:05 pm

and they'll have fun fun fun till bossman takes the pickup awayyyy

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:32 pm

Shit's gonna get real nasty soon. A new bunch, which isn't very large, has blockaded the Ambassador bridge between Detroit and Windsor. They haven't been removed yet because they told the Windsor police they were willing to "die for the cause", which the cops have to take as them being willing to start shooting, so they're trying negotiations first.

This is by far the single largest border crossing between Canada and the US. It's only been two days, but manufacturers across southern Ontario are already cutting shifts, and sending people home for the rest of the week. That's going to hit a lot harder than the larger, but more nebulous effects (from the perspective of people outside Ottawa) caused by the nazi occupation at the Capital.

This is getting ridiculous. I get that Trudeau really doesn't want to be the second Trudeau to call in the army to smash Canadian citizens*, but this is really getting stupid, not to mention embarrassing to the point where it's actually going to harm our international trade and our economy.

*Trudeau The Elder did this in 1970 in response to a series of kidnappings by pro-separatist terrorists. It was a clear and unprecedented violation of civil liberties. However, it did immediately and permanently end any desire for separatists to engage in violent tactics.

The ends do not justify the means of course, even retroactively; I'm not saying we should do as they did then and just imprison thousands of mostly-random people as we did in 1970, but fuck's sakes, I'm sure the army could at least tow some trucks away and make sure no one starts shooting as they do.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:17 am

Do the cops not want to start shooting because Greg just got off shift and went over to the protest side to start screaming back and they don't want to hit a coworker or is that mostly an American thing