Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Pros and Cons of Punching a Nazi Just Square in the Dick

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Various bits of Nazi news.

They found the bodies of the runaway murderous Nazi kids up in the bush in BC today. No details yet so there's not much to link, but that's over at least.

Also, Thad's understandable headaches with comment sections notwithstanding, I'm pretty amazed that 8chan has grown so verminous (as I posted the other day in the shooty thread, El Paso was the third shooting in 4 months posted in advance on 8chan) that even a company willing to host The Daily Stormer, Gab, and even InfoWars is forced to drop your ass.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 pm

8chan's specific purpose was to host content that other sites were forced to moderate over legal concerns.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

I wouldn't say "was", just yet. They're far from running out of glory holes to fester in.

EDIT: I want to think that's a nice, hopeful thought anyway, but I'm curious where that "community" would spill out to if 8chan did in fact get shut down forever. I don't think that's any sort of excuse NOT to burn 8chan to the ground and salt the cables. But it's a concern that would have to be planned for, I think.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 am

I know this isn't a straight apples-to-apples comparison, but your concern brings to mind this study of the lasting effects of Reddit's bans on toxic subreddits.

Basically, researchers found that when reddit banned /r/coontown and /r/fatpeoplehate, the users who previously frequented those "communities" stopped spewing hate-speech on reddit almost entirely.

Of course, it didn't attempt to correlate those users with activity on other sites to see if there was an uptick on non-reddit internets, but it's evidence that at least passingly runs counter to the notion that shutting down people's primary venue for hate speech will just lead to them congregating elsewhere.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 pm

punchline of video

Is there such a thing?

No joke, there isn't. Non-violent racist groups inspire and incite violent racists. You can be directly a violent racist or you can be an inciting violence racist. (Well, technically, the directly violent racists are also inciters.)
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 pm

There's a photo of Milo wearing a "Stop Being Poor" T-shirt. I'm not going to look it up but it's some good irony.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 pm

I do enjoy my schadenfreude more than most, but I just hope this publicity doesn't lead to his not being broke again.

Though on reflection he's probably shit where he's slept entirely too many times for that.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm

Mongrel wrote:I do enjoy my schadenfreude more than most, but I just hope this publicity doesn't lead to his not being broke again.

Though on reflection he's probably shit where he's slept entirely too many times for that.

Yeah, I'm not sure where there is to go after you get fired by Breitbart. What's he got going for him? He triggers the libs? So does Tammy Lozenge, plus she's prettier and doesn't make pedo jokes. There are a million dipshits who can do Milo's schtick. And he's frankly not even very good at it -- DELETE UGH.

He's welcome to do what he's suggested to other unemployed people and get a job. Though between his sense of entitlement and the Google results for his name, well, he probably won't be a lot of hiring managers' first choice.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 am

And, later that same day, already banned from it.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Talk about being a Fursona non Grata

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:30 am

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am

But if you don't have audio on how do you hear his voice cracking and even the people in the room with him snickering?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Apparently Milo released this because he's hella bitter that Spencer is still allowed on Twitter, Paypal, etc.

Ahahah. It's pretty great watching them turn on each other. Once again, the comparison to 80's cartoon villains holds up perfectly!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:16 pm

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am

I had naively thought (based on conversations with veterans) that actual front line soldiers, being the first lives spent in the service of money, would be the first to see through this kind of bullshit. I guess a lot of people really do just sign up for an opportunity to kill the other.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:36 am

Militaries leaning right-wing is a pretty established precept at this point. There's a lot of factors going into that, so it's not necessarily an obvious leap if you think about it in a vacuum, but that's the, uh, tradition.

The tendency has arguably always been there (militaries were always the purview of the upper classes after all), but historically it's been much more one-sided ever since the introduction of modern military training and structure dating back to the Levée En Masse (i.e. Revolutionary mass conscription) in France.

EDIT: I just remembered how the British Army specifically has this very weird dynamic not seen anywhere else, which probably accounts for the vets you've spoken to.

IIRC, one of the consequences of the history of the deep stratification of British society colliding with the modern labour movement meant that regular British soldiers became almost informally "unionized" in a way. To other armies, this is most commonly encountered when they observe some branch or division of the British army refusing to help one another.

For example a transport group would not help an anti-aircraft group set up an AA gun, stating that that's not their job, and the regulations of the BA permit this. Or if a military transport got stuck in the mud, the AA men wouldn't pitch in to help pull it out, again because "that's transport's job". Canadians, among many others, have found this attitude bewildering and even infuriating when working with British Army personnel.

So there's certainly a streak of the British army that's more, uh, militantly left-wing than you might see in other armies.