Postby Thad » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: GOP Will Shit Itself

Postby Mongrel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:15 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:02 pm

This happened a few years back but it's the first I saw it and my god the expression on the guy's face is just
ImageImageImage

mharr

Postby mharr » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Sailing off the unexpected edge of his pre-scripted conversation tree Thelma and Louise style

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:22 am

You know, I enjoyed that just for what it was when I first saw it. And I don't know if I've gotten more cynical or more used to these chuds, but the look and the "Merrry Christmas" at the end make me decide "oh, he's not just an idiot that doesn't know the actual law. He doesn't want to say, but absolutely believes that you should not be allowed to do it on anything but a christian bible, and anyone that would is not fit."

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Oh yeah he 100% believes that you should not be allowed to be an elected official if you're not a Christian.

You have to understand, religious people like that view everyone not in their group as inferior and in need of either conversion, oppression, or total and complete destruction.

If you need proof of that statement, I refer you to any given point in history in any given nation.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:42 pm

I once heard my grandma say, during the runup to the 2012 election, that at least a Mormon is better than a Muslim.

For a bit of context: her mother was Mormon, her sister is Mormon, and that's how she talks about Mormons. At least, when they're not in earshot.

mharr

Postby mharr » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:50 pm

It's a great revelation that explains everything else when you realise the Caste system is alive and well in the capitalist west. Dominant, even.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Brothers and sisters are natural enemies. Like atheists and Protestants! Or Muslims and Protestants! Or Catholics and Protestants! Or Protestants and other Protestants!
Damn Christians... they ruined Christianity!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am

<fmm> I’m fucking up every British dude I see
<Jeb_Bush_2012> just pay your fucking stamp duty, christ
<Glocks4interns> who is the king in this scenario?
<Glocks4interns> if this is unclear/undecided, dibs
<Glocks4interns> i'm going to quarter so many soldiers in your houses

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:35 pm

Bal

Postby Bal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:57 pm

It's been six years of shitting and they're yet to run out. They just keep telling everyone the shit isn't shit, it's chocolate. Ok, this time it's shit, but it's leftist shit. Chinese communist shit. You've just got to shit yourself up by your shit straps.

If an attempted coup isn't enough, then nothing is or ever will be.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:14 pm

For what it's worth the topic change happened in June '16. It was "GOP Will Eat Itself" until, you know, it did.

They're still going through their tortuously slow breakdown into a fibrous slurry.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Actually it's Antifa and BLM that shit themselves, it was a false-flag operation to make it look like the Republicans had

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 pm

I think the party's at greater risk of fracturing now than it's been at any point since we started talking about the possibility, but it's precisely that risk that's going to keep most of the Republican establishment from openly antagonizing Trump. For now.

The way things stand, he still has the power to break the Republican Party in two with a word. Or he would, if the next election weren't two years out; who knows what will happen between now and then.

The GOP establishment is in the same tiger-by-the-tail position it's been in since he clinched the nomination: they agree with him on policy, they don't like his volatility, they're looking for a way to use the former while minimizing the latter. They're probably hoping he dies before 2024 so they can invoke him as a figurehead like they do with Reagan and wield his influence without having to actually deal with him.

Last I checked he's still searching for a new megaphone. Parler's been kicked off AWS and is talking big about how it's going to build its own infrastructure, with blackjack, and hookers. I don't know if they're actually dumb enough to believe that or if they just think that's what they need to tell people while they panic, but even with Mercer money they're not going to be able to set up the kind of infrastructure they need, from scratch, in the kind of timeframe they're talking about. (The app's also been removed from both Apple's and Google's stores, which won't actually prevent anybody who understands how to get to a website from a browser from accessing it, but we're not dealing with the best and the brightest here.)

Trump was planning to spin his 2016 campaign into TrumpTV and I assume that's still going to happen. He can probably find some well-heeled investors who think they can turn a profit off his brand, and if he can get cable TV services to sign him up then his name's probably big enough to pull in more eyeballs than OANN or Newsmax have managed to do.

He's still facing problems in the next few years. He'll pardon his family and his businesses, so they'll all get out of federal charges. If he tries to pardon himself, well, I think that's another one of those things that forces the DoJ's hand, and I really can't hazard a guess as to how SCOTUS will rule on that. Federal charges aside, though, there are still state charges and civil suits. There's a lot of costly and inconvenient litigation coming the Trumps' way no matter what happens (short, I guess, of another, more successful coup attempt).

Of course, he is still the president; if he wants people to pay attention to him, he doesn't need Twitter, he can just call a press conference. But at the moment he seems terrified of putting himself in any situation he's not in total control of.

Postby Newbie » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Speaking of parler, hoo boy:

tiny text

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Ah. Too dumb to understand basic online infrastructure concerns it is, then.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm

That is one fucking terrifying face.

Like, there's minced children in that pot, right?

EDIT: ahahaha

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Incidentally, some new videos are out today (all over the news) about how close the crowd got to (at least) Pence and Romney. Romney was saved by Eugene Goodman, who seems to have been just about everywhere important that day.

Maybe the angry mob wouldn't have killed them if Goodman hadn't been as quick or as sharp. Maybe. Luckily we'll never know because at least SOME people there did their goddamn jobs.

In totally unconnected news, Goodman has still received zero recognition from the FOP or similar large "law enforcement" orgs - funny how that works, eh?